HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   Fri Apr 06 2018, 21:32

Finished listening to the podcast while in the office today. Very well thought out and put together. I'm loving the various flavors the army can bring now. I'm finding I'm going to be needing more Wracks, Wyches, and Warriors. If the ossefactor does indeed retain its chain attack of mortal wounds after the next FAQ, then I'll use the weapon that way. Until then I'll play it conservatively so I don't get used to a rule set that may or may not exist. That leads to sadness... so much sadness.

That said, I'm very excited for this book!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   Sat Apr 07 2018, 01:33

@Sarkesian wrote:
If the ossefactor does indeed retain its chain attack of mortal wounds after the next FAQ, then I'll use the weapon that way. Until then I'll play it conservatively so I don't get used to a rule set that may or may not exist. That leads to sadness... so much sadness.

I had to do a double take to see if I am just sleep deprived, or I was missing this completely.

Had no idea that was what people were talking about. RAW.....I don't agree with a chain interpretation. The weapon slays the initial target, the unit suffers a mortal wound. The mortal wound isn't caused by the weapon, but rather the slaying of the model. Pretty dodgy ground IMO to argue that the attack keeps going, at least RAI. Could be wrong, if it's actually an issue that pops up I'm sure GW will FAQ it.

I wouldn't get comfy with the chain interpretation. It will end in tears and/or butthurt Razz

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   Sat Apr 07 2018, 02:24

That’s how I view the rules as well. Didn’t make sense to have the mortal wounds keep flowing.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   Sat Apr 07 2018, 04:22

I need to dig through the FAQs and community articles, but I thought at some point they addressed that a triggered mortal wound does not count as an enemy attack or something along those lines. Don't quote me on that, though.

Does seem a bit too good for 7 points.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:10

PARTY BUS
Back to top Go down
Rusty293
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   Sun Apr 08 2018, 17:30

Currently looking at tyranid Ravenors on eBay so I can convert some Sslyth and have my own "piece of the Party Bus". Hell, 4 Sslyth with a Poisoned tongue archon in a venom throws out some half decent damage plus means I can fit everything into 1 transport.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   Tue Apr 10 2018, 08:54

Another ripping show, thanks gents! Definitely among the chorus looking forward to the triptych to come.

One day though, we should have a Splintermind group crash the LVO or something - with everyone bringing their Sslyth Party Bus Smile
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
wormfromhell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   Sat Apr 14 2018, 08:04

@John M wrote:
PARTY BUS

Party bus is soooooo last book, now it's Heroin-Feulled **** Machine

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1   

Back to top Go down

Episode 44: Drukhari Codex Preview and Review Part 1
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-