Share | 

What are YOU most excited to try out?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sun Apr 01 2018, 23:44

Yeah that's why I want 15-20 size wracks. A large unit that durable is super sweet, and then if your opponent tries to wipe the unit out you can just reward your opponent's effort with outflanking them at full strength.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sun Apr 01 2018, 23:49

Can someone enlighten me about what is good about grotesques now? I felt they got skipped with the buff hammer.

Really looking forward to just playing my de again! I love this fast dangerous, paper boat filled army. And oh man am I going to run a lot of boats! They all came down by 15 ~20%. To the high seas of inter Stella space!

Also the cc phase, looking forward to not just being a snooty army but being able to be in the thick of it. Even against irks and big squads. We actually have enough attacks now to do some damage to hoards and not just feeling like I'm pissing into the wind!
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sun Apr 01 2018, 23:54

4+ invul, urien/haemy, and chronos buffing them, fits in a raider, etc.

the_scotsman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 00:17

I tried out one of the things today (Prophets of Flesh wl trait haemonculus buffing a big unit of grotesques and a couple pain engines) and got rewarded with seeing the entire turn 1 firepower of most of a Tau army down one Grotesque.

I really want to run all 12 of my Reavers with Red Grief, and a 20 man block of hellions with Cursed Blade sounds like my kind of party.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 01:31

Good to hear prophets of flesh coven detachment did well, I can especially seeing that being handy against tau given their high strength weapons.

12 reavers plus 20 hellions sounds like loads of fun, too nice big fast units are going to hurt pretty much anything. Only downside I see to hellions is they still go down pretty fast, reavers at least can reach t5 with drugs and have a +4 save.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 02:13

I’m looking forward to running characters finally due to point decrease. Lelith with 6 attacks, boost to 7 on her combat phase, get the most out of blood dancer, and hope you roll some 6’s. That’s a lot of hits that could potentially turn into ap-4 saves.

Cult of strife is +1S right? You could make her S5!
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 02:14

No its the +1 attack on charge turn unfortunally
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 02:15

That’s not bad then. Another chance to turn a hit into 3. 8 attacks on the charge at ap-4, 2 ap-
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 03:03

... Lelith has 6 Attacks base? For 80 points? With the ‘pick one stat to buff ala combat drugs each turn (without actually being on the drugs)? Did I just hear ‘viable despite being a solid 17 points more expensive than the most expensive Succubus? Especially if you use the strat to give her a WT?

Yaaaay!

Now all I need to do is find Drazhar’s price...

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 04:23

I believe he's 80-90pts? I know he went down from his current cost by at least 20-30, which seems pretty solid to me. Lelith though is really the special character I'd want to consider using, she seems so solid for 80pts.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 05:27

@LordSplata wrote:
Can someone enlighten me about what is good about grotesques now? I felt they got skipped with the buff hammer.

Grots gained a wound and better AP on their main weapon. Plus the coven obsessions. And Urien's is +1 Strength AND Toughness. Which is pretty sweer

Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Mon Apr 02 2018, 05:37

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

12 reavers plus 20 hellions sounds like loads of fun, too nice big fast units are going to hurt pretty much anything. Only downside I see to hellions is they still go down pretty fast, reavers at least can reach t5 with drugs and have a +4 save.

Thing with hellions is that they won't be your opponents first target if/when you shove other targets into your opponents face. Hellions are a solid 2nd wave.

Who is gunna have time to deal with hellions when you have reavers and either 20kabalite or multiple raiders shoved into your opponents face?

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   

Back to top Go down

What are YOU most excited to try out?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: