Share | 

What are YOU most excited to try out?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:15

So with pre-orders available this week, and discussion already flying around about what's best and what isn't, I thought it'd be fun if we talked about what we're most excited to play with/try out. Whether it's for competitive play, just for fluff, or such a silly idea it has to be done at least once, I wanna know!

Myself, I'm probably most excited to try out a big Hellion bomb using that spiffy Eviscerating Flyby stratagem, or a CC-focused Archon with Flayed Skull WL Trait and a Djinn Blade.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:35

I am, more than anything else, looking forward to a Kabal of the Black Heart v Kabal of the Black Heart game where someone uses a stratagem then the opponent uses agents of vect to try and negate it and then the first guy uses agents of vect to negate the first negation. because that will be the mostt hilarious crap to watch EVER.

unit wise ... im not sure i just have so many cool things to try
Back to top Go down
Dizzie
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:38

I'm most excited to use shredders, its like a mini star cannon without some of the AP, a weapon we have been sorely lacking for a very long time, mid strength, its super cheap and has a reroll to wound. massive warrior squads with deepstrike strat are going to be fun to play, i did the math and 20 dudes with 4 shredders and 2 cannons, pgl and agoniser is 180pts, that's mad good for points cost.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:45

I'm not quite convinced that splinter cannons are worth taking. 10pts isn't bad but a warrior with a splinter cannon is 16pts total, while 3 warriors with the same output is 18pts, just 2 more pts for 2 more wounds. Granted if you want to say fit 10 in a raider the splinter cannon adds more to their output without taking up space, but it's a tad annoying how splinter racks don't affect the cannon.

I definetly want to try out shredders though. D6 shots is so much more reasonable, and if you compare the pts cost to your standard flamer I think it's a pretty good deal. Yeah no auto hits but you trade that off for 2 more strength, reroll wounds vs infantry and ap-1, seems like a decent deal to me.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:46

@helvexis wrote:
I am, more than anything else, looking forward to a Kabal of the Black Heart v Kabal of the Black Heart game where someone uses a stratagem then the opponent uses agents of vect to try and negate it and then the first guy uses agents of vect to negate the first negation. because that will be the mostt hilarious crap to watch EVER.

Sounds like a game of MTG lol! That would be both the best, and the most painful thing to play through. Guess we're in the right army Very Happy

@Dizzie wrote:
I'm most excited to use shredders, its like a mini star cannon without some of the AP, a weapon we have been sorely lacking for a very long time, mid strength, its super cheap and has a reroll to wound. massive warrior squads with deepstrike strat are going to be fun to play, i did the math and 20 dudes with 4 shredders and 2 cannons, pgl and agoniser is 180pts, that's mad good for points cost.

Yeah, when I saw the new shredders I was really impressed. I can't wait to try them on Scourges who are, of course, cheaper as well. I'm thinking you could combine it with the leadership shenanigans of that one Coven Obsession to absolutely mulch through hordes.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:47

Big blob of 20 warriors using WWP and obsidian rose.

Deepstrike at 15" and unleash hell (with all the other things you decide to deepstrike)

2 blasters, 2 DL's, 2 shredders. Blow stuff up.

Then, use Fire and Fade to fall back 7", potentially keeping this blob in a pretty nice, safe spot from any counter attacks/small arms fire.

Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:49

How many special/heavy weapons can a Warrior blob take now? I must have missed that! Not gonna lie it sounds rather amusing Razz

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:52

I'm getting AAAALLLLLLLLL the Reavers out again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 14:53

4 special weapons + 2 heavy at 20.

Should be pretty fun. Best part? If this big blob does get shot up and you take a big morale loss - use the obsidian skull stratagem to get, say, all your special weapons to fire again. Assuming you kill something, you just got a bunch of free shots!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:14

Yeah obsidian rose definetly sounds like the ideal obsession for deepstriking a big warrior blob, and better yet it's even cheaper now than it use to be. Definitely worth trying out, the only question is what weapons to take. I'm honestly tempted to try 4 shredders, combined with all the splinter fire it seems solid, plus with obsidian rose their short 12" range goes upto 18".

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:18

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Yeah obsidian rose definetly sounds like the ideal obsession for deepstriking a big warrior blob, and better yet it's even cheaper now than it use to be. Definitely worth trying out, the only question is what weapons to take. I'm honestly tempted to try 4 shredders, combined with all the splinter fire it seems solid, plus with obsidian rose their short 12" range goes upto 18".

Yeah that's exactly it - the way I figure is keep the dark lances and 2 blasters to have a big, scary unit to mess with the opponents big things, with 2 shredders to make use of the stratagem. Between the 2 of the, they should be able to kill SOMETHING. I'm likely going to play a game with this setup tonight - I'll let you know how the shredders fare. They are only 6 points now, right?
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:20

I didn't see any information that indicated they went down in pts, but even staying at 8 they seem at least reasonable to me, especially if you compare it to a flamer which is a similar price for most armies.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:23

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
I didn't see any information that indicated they went down in pts, but even staying at 8 they seem at least reasonable to me, especially if you compare it to a flamer which is a similar price for most armies.

I could have sworn I saw that it went down to 6 - I'll see  if I can find it.

Misread what the guy doing the leaks wrote yesterday. It is in fact same points cost.

Last edited by Bad-baden-baden on Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:24

Vrak's Unending Wracks

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:28

@Bad-baden-baden wrote:
@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

Misread what the guy doing the leaks wrote yesterday. It is in fact same points cost.

That's a bummer, but 8 isn't too unreasonable for their new stats.

Other thing I am looking forward to is scourges with haywire blasters. Raw damage output wise blasters might be better, but haywire blasters are also half the pts cost of blasters now(Cool, with d3 shots instead of 1. That's enough to make me try them out, as they will be especially useful against t8 vehicles. As a plus they will be fun to use against my necron friend, since those will go right through their shielding.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:31

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Vrak's Unending Wracks

So on average, how many shirtless blokes will you be fielding? 60?

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Other thing I am looking forward to is scourges with haywire blasters. Raw damage output wise blasters might be better, but haywire blasters are also half the pts cost of blasters now(Cool, with d3 shots instead of 1. That's enough to make me try them out, as they will be especially useful against t8 vehicles. As a plus they will be fun to use against my necron friend, since those will go right through their shielding.

Yeah, typically I'm up against a lot of Necrons too. I am mighty intrigued to see how Haywire Scourges fare...actually its beginning to sound like I just want an army of Scourges.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:31

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
@Bad-baden-baden wrote:
@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

That's a bummer, but 8 isn't too unreasonable for their new stats.

Oh yeah, haywire blasters definitely got better - Only thing that kills me is I don't play against a vehicle heavy meta... in fact, only guard really bring vehicles at all where I play! I really like the screaming jets stratagem, but I'm struggling to make it work effectively. I'm thinking 2 squads of blasterborn in 2 venoms. Could be a good alpha strike!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:34

@PartZebra wrote:

Yeah, typically I'm up against a lot of Necrons too. I am mighty intrigued to see how Haywire Scourges fare...actually its beginning to sound like I just want an army of Scourges.

I mean scourges are pretty sweet, wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Very Happy

Even if you just face guard tank haywire blasters are definetly useful against those t8 leman russes which are a little tougher for blasters/dark lances to chew through.

Screaming jets with a blaster unit in venoms would be an excellent way to use the stratagem, guaranteed lots of blasters shots that won't go down before they get a round of shooting in.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:35

So far, my main thought process behind Screaming Jets is to protect my new, shiny, cheap-as-chips dissie Ravagers from being blown up first turn.

Otherwise a big ol' Raider full of murderous girls with schoolgirl haircuts, just to get 'em up close faster. I'm no tactical genius, I'm afraid Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:37

I'm gonna take my 30 Hellions in one blob, fly over some poor elite unit/HQ and SUPERMURDER it with the flyby strat for 10 MWs. It's gonna be sweet and I'll lose some friends
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:38

@Von Snabel wrote:
I'm gonna take my 30 Hellions in one blob, fly over some poor elite unit/HQ and SUPERMURDER it with the flyby strat for 10 MWs. It's gonna be sweet and I'll lose some friends

Can Hellions be in squads of 30?! That's mental.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:39

Isn't 20 their max unit size? Regardless flying over any infantry with reavers/hellions seems solid. Actually stupidly good against infantry characters I think, since the number of rolls is based on your unit size not theirs.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:39

NOOOO! you're right! They'er only 20... my hopes ..... my... my dreams Sad
Naah 20 will do, I can live with 7 MW for basicly 1 CP.
Edit: I'd be supriced if you could target Characters tbh
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:41

Elite armies will hate it. Reavers especially, given cluster caltrops and grav-talons, since they're capable of churning out quite a lot of MWs with some CP investment.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   Sat Mar 31 2018, 15:43

Drahzar is in good shape, 60pts less, can fight twice on a charge, 6's to hit generate 2 hits.
Same aura so him and incubi generate 2 hits on 5 or 6's to hit, +1 to to hit. Has new leadership bonus -1 to LD. I'm really looking forward to using him, incubi are unchanged and good, this just makes them tons better
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are YOU most excited to try out?   

Back to top Go down

What are YOU most excited to try out?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: