HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Absolute napkin math: 2000 points

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

Absolute napkin math: 2000 points Empty
PostSubject: Absolute napkin math: 2000 points   Absolute napkin math: 2000 points I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 09:35

So, now that we have some idea of the changes in pricing from unit to unit, I cracked out a list pretty quickly. As the title suggests, this is napkin math, so I may be over or under a bit. Hopefully the latter, but I'm basing this off leaks so who knows really. On top of the napkin math, I can't really say if we'll be allowed anything close to this in the competitive scene due to the defacto standard of 3 detachments. Also the use of blasters on Archons, as although I'm pretty certain we can use these due to their inclusion in the index similar to the autocannon dred, it remains to be seen. Any clarification would be appreciated!

A lot of the costs I've used are based on this thread:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17229-points-changes-from-bols

If theres issues, (and it's not me being an eejit) blame them! lol!

Furthermore, assume that I'm using the 1 CP strat to give out extra WL traits
Vanguard Detach- Black heart

HQ
Archon (warlord)
-Agoniser
-Blaster
- Artefact: Living Muse
- trait: BH specific
total: 91

Heavy support
x3 3 DL Ravager
total:540

Patrol Detachment- Flayed skull

HQ
Archon
-Agoniser
-Blaster
-PGL
total: 94

Troops

5 kabalites
-Blaster
-PGL
-Dissie Raider
total:127

x2 5 kabalites
- Blaster
-PGL
- Double SC venom
total:250

Patrol Detachment- Prophets of Flesh
Haemy
-electrocorrosive
-trait: Prophets of flesh specific
total: 79

Troops
5 Wracks
-Dissie rader

total: 130

Patrol Detachment - Cult of Cursed blade

HQ
Succubus
-Blast pistol
-Trait:Stim addict
total:80

Troops
20 Wyches
x3 Shardnet
-Agoniser
total:176

Airwing Detachment - flayed skull

x2 Razorwing Jetfighter
x2 DL
total: 290

Razorwing Jetfighter
x2 Dissie
total:135

Grand total: 1992 (I think)

Combat drugs:
Wyches: +1 attack
Succubus: +1 Strength, +1 toughness

Average starting CP: 10

So The blackheart Archon is there to give my Ravagers reroll 1s on hit + wound and to CP farm. He wants to stay in the backfield for as long as possible.

Flayed skull is there for the extra patrol and the bonuses on splinter fire. Similar reason why I chose it for the Airwing detachment.

Prophets is there for the extra CP WL trait. Not really sold on this and it's probably the one I'm most open to replacing. Not sure what I replace it with though. Might be worth a go using them as a vanguard option with

Wyche patrol acts as a massive tarpit/ buffer unit if necessary, hence the shardnets. Might be worth splitting in to 2 units. Also it'll hopefully help a lot against the likes of hordes and will work well with the webway strat against gunline style armies. Although in that case, they might be better served using the advance + assault obsession.

Overall, I'm fairly happy but think there is a tonne of room for improvement. Looking at it, it's probably best to replace the Haemy patrol or atleast modify it somehow. Anyway, would love some thoughts!
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Absolute napkin math: 2000 points   Absolute napkin math: 2000 points I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 03:06

Glad to see someone besides myself is making use of the ps values I posted. Smile

Overall the list looks pretty solid. I think the coven detachment is worth keeping in, with wracks being 9pts they seem like a decent pick especially with the prophets of flesh trait. I plan on taking 10 buffed by a heamonculus in my list as a decently tough objective holder.

Only thing I'd say is feels very light on boots on the ground, definetly feel like you could use some more kabalite warriors. Maybe add in another unit of 5 since there's room in the raider. Also man this list has some solid firepower, 3x jetfighters and 3x ravagers is potent.

Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: Absolute napkin math: 2000 points   Absolute napkin math: 2000 points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 19:35

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:

Only thing I'd say is feels very light on boots on the ground, definitely feel like you could use some more kabalite warriors. Maybe add in another unit of 5 since there's room in the raider. Also man this list has some solid firepower, 3x jetfighters and 3x ravagers is potent.

Well, my intro kinda summed it up. I went back over the points and I am miles under where I should be. The list I posted above is only roughly 1850(!), hence why I'm so light on bodies. Guess the excitement of the new book got to me just a little bit...

Anyway, this is the revised list with the (hopefully) correct points values and all of the points used.

Vanguard Detach- Black heart

HQ
Archon (warlord)
-Agoniser
- Artefact: Living Muse
- trait: BH specific
total: 74

Troops
5 kabalites
- Blaster
-PGL
-Venom
total:115

Heavy support
x3 3 DL Ravager
total:420

Patrol Detachment- Flayed skull

HQ
Archon
-Agoniser
-Blaster
-PGL
total: 94

Troops

9 kabalites
-Blaster
-Dissie Raider
-Splinter Wracks
-PGL
total:164

x2 5 kabalites
- Blaster
-PGL
-Venom
total:230

Patrol Detachment- Prophets of Flesh
Haemy
-electrocorrosive
-trait: Prophets of flesh specific
total: 79

Troops
9 Wracks
-Dissie rader
total: 170

Patrol Detachment - Cult of Cursed blade

HQ
Succubus
-Blast pistol
-Archite glaive
-Trait:Stim addict
total:70

Troops
20 Wyches
x3 Shardnet
-Agoniser
total:179

Airwing Detachment - flayed skull

x3 Razorwing Jetfighter
x2 Dissie
total: 405

Grand total:2000

Combat drugs:
Wyches: +1 attack
Succubus: +1 Strength, +1 toughness

Average starting CP: 10

The basics of the changes are as follows:
Added another 5 man venom squad
Added 4 kabs to the Archon raider
Added 4 wracks to the Haeme raider
Swapped out the DLs on the Razorwings for dissies
Dropped the second cannons on the venoms

Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Absolute napkin math: 2000 points   Absolute napkin math: 2000 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Absolute napkin math: 2000 points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: