TTT DE video

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
eae
Slave

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:12

@Quauchtemoc wrote:
If thats not fast for you well i dont know what you want.

And actually you can get them +move with the good drug and the good stratagem + we dont know all the stratageme yet
I want 3D6" with rerolls charge from deep strike. Basically something that guarantees both of the following: 1) my unit is on the table at full strength 2) my unit gets to get to melee. Tyranids, Blood Angels & Daemons have this stuff, why can't I. On the other hand, 14" move (how do Wyches pull that off again?) means they have to charge 2D6 from at least 10" which is meh even with rerolls. Even on Turn 3 there's a 50/50 chance that my DSing Wyches will just stay in place with a stupid look on their pretty eldar faces and get shot off the board immediately after and their WS 2+ will not help them a little bit with this problem.

I love the consolidate-into-transport stratagem though, looks fluffy AND allows us to deal with screens at the same time.

Also I think a guy with the book did already list all the stratagems in this thread, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:24

Well because thats a different army ? Our strength is to be fast not to be good at deepstriking.

A whyche unit coming out of a transport have 12 move without drugs , if you take red grief cult you can add a reroll advance and then a reroll charge. Ok we could be faster but thats seems pretty decent to me.

And if i remenber well the Bols video they said there is something like 30 stratagem so no we dont know all of them yet
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:33

@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well because thats a different army ? Our strength is to be fast not to be good at deepstriking.

A whyche unit coming out of a transport have 12 move without drugs , if you take red grief cult you can add a reroll advance and then a reroll charge. Ok we could be faster but thats seems pretty decent to me.

And if i remenber well the Bols video they said there is something like 30 stratagem so no we dont know all of them yet

DE have always been amongst the best if not the best deepstrikers.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:34

And we still are, we can DS the most for the cheapest compare to any army, we never been best at assaulting out of DSing tho. Tyranids and BA always had that better than us and they still do.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:35

Hum yes but not to get in CC. And we are still good for sending unit in close range with deepstrike.

But i'm a bit unfair here i admit. I understand the deception but army have to be different and i'm fine with idea of use our speed rather than deepstriking to get into CC
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:37

Yeah, I agree with all of that, but I was just pointing out that indeed DE are good at deepstriking. Now we're exceptionally good at it, which is really exciting.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:45

Does anyone know if there is a way to deepstrike monsters? (i.e. is it possible to recreate something like the webway portalling dark artisan formation from 7th ed?)
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:47

@krayd wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a way to deepstrike monsters? (i.e. is it possible to recreate something like the webway portalling dark artisan formation from 7th ed?)

As far we know their is no way to do that unfortunally
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 17:48

Unfortunately there's no way to deep strike monsters.

@the_scotsman wrote:
Did we ever get a confirmation of what Grisly Trophies do? All I can find is a point cost for them. They're new things right?

When enemy units are within 6" of a vehicle with grisly trophies they roll a die for each model that flees, on a 6 an additional model flees. Not all that spectacular, but it's also only 2 pts so it literally needs to work once to pay off its pts back, and it would be pretty hilarious if it forced something like an extra terminator to flee. Unless I have spare pts lying around with nothing to do though I'll pass on that, PGL is still a much better investment for LD shenanigans.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:22

Do we have any other vehicle upgrades?

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:28

Splinter racks and Grisly Trophies, but we also have a Stratagem for Aether Sails.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:29

Oh ? Whats the effect ?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:30

If they are correct, its 8" advance movement for 1CP

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:33

Meh not bad i guess
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:35

IDK if it works on Venoms tho, but it would be good for objectives if you needed to.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 18:48

I would think it's just raiders/ravagers? But can't be sure. And yeah that's what I'd see it being handy for, probably not going to be a go to stratagem but pretty handy in those situations where you just absolutely need that nice movement boost. Plus it is cool that a flayed skull raider can go 25" in one movement phase if you really need it.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 19:00

Did we find out about the ichor injector? I don't recall seeing it anywhere. I'm hoping it has been improved, otherwise I'm gonna remove it from 1 of my talos.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 19:03

BoLS video mentioned I think scapals going up a point in ap, and basically a power fist becoming an option for the talos but not anything else I think. Definitely didn't remember them mentioning the injector, and I suppose we'll find out in just a few days.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 19:58

What about the splinterpod?

Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Mon Apr 02 2018, 20:12

I went through everything that BOLS posted after my last comment. Nothing on Splinter pods that I could remember. We will see soon enough! And I am dying to use this new codex. Give me my 3 warlord traits!
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Tue Apr 03 2018, 06:13

From what I hear about the new codex so far, I love it! Does it do everything anybody ever hoped? No, but did any other codex? No. Is that a problem? I don't think so.
Yes, I am disappointed in our transport capacity not having any room for a HQ. But that, and that Trueborn are no longer in the codex are the only things I'm sad about. And apparently I am still allowed to use Trueborn rules from the index. Razz
HQ's taking skyboards or reavers has always sounded un-fluffy and rediculous to me. Hellions are the scum of our army, and no elite or HQ would ever lower him/herself to that level. An Archon or Haemonculus on a Reaver? Seriously, what's not ridiculous about that? Also, with the amount of points we dropped all over, we have enough points left to give every HQ his own private Venom. So, problem solved!

Moving on...

Pretty much all our unit options seem usable in one way or another now. The Mandrakes nobody ever used before are awesome in 8th!
Even some weapon choices that were never worth even considering now seem useful.
Also, we're faster than ever before!

Anyway, what I have not heard anyone about, is the return of the Haywire Blaster. (unless that's in the few pages that I skipped due to being tired of 4 pages mainly complaining about HQ's being slow)
In the index, they became crap simply because they simply delivered too little wounds to be worth their points. However they were the most reliable way of delivering any wounds (although too little) to vehicles due to the mortal wounds. Going to Assault D3, I seriously think they are back to what they were!
Sure, nobody will ever roll lucky enough to deal the full 10 wounds (1 wound plus 9 mortal wounds) that are theoretically possible with one Haywire Blaster, but on average I think they are a quite reliable weapon to deal with vehicles again.

I can't wait to get the new codex and finish my army list. Smile

TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Tue Apr 03 2018, 14:29

Has anyone done the math of lances vs haywire blasters against Serpent Shields? I have a feeling they might have a niche there too

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Tue Apr 03 2018, 20:53

@Gelmir wrote:
F
Yes, I am disappointed in our transport capacity not having any room for a HQ. But that, and that Trueborn are no longer in the codex are the only things I'm sad about.
Well to be fair we didn't have a problem with transport capacity until GW decided to increase the min squad of incubi and true-born from 3 to 5. Of course we dont have trueborn anymore but the simple fix would be to FAQ the squad size unless it has already been fixed in the new codex!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Tue Apr 03 2018, 21:01

I miss the 3 man Trueborns, my 3man x2 DL 3 squads where so fun to play.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Wed Apr 04 2018, 04:33

Sorry if this was already mentioned and I missed it, and I'm sure it's fairly minor to most people, but did anyone else notice the Succubus seems to have gotten plasma grenades back?
Back to top Go down

TTT DE video
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: