HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TTT DE video

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3250
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 00:24

@Quauchtemoc wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well tbh i never send vehicule in cc for something else than an overwatch protection Very Happy

Why not? Our vehicles are some of the best close combat non-walkers out there, with a legitimately good to hit and dedicated weapons. If the Succubus gives full rerolls, not just reroll 1's (which I heard she might), then you have 75% chance to hit.

Yeah but its still a bit pricy for 3 strength 5 attack

But if that thing cant kill you in melee why not? You can fall back and still shoot.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2017-06-19

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 00:26

Well because we have far better option to kill thing in CC. The only interest to send vehicule in cc is to prevent an ennemy unit shot i think
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3250
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 00:29

Yeah that is true, but sometimes it helps.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 00:36

@Quauchtemoc wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well tbh i never send vehicule in cc for something else than an overwatch protection Very Happy

Why not? Our vehicles are some of the best close combat non-walkers out there, with a legitimately good to hit and dedicated weapons. If the Succubus gives full rerolls, not just reroll 1's (which I heard she might), then you have 75% chance to hit.

Yeah but its still a bit pricy for 3 strength 5 attack

With raiders it's S6. plus our 1 point Shock Prow to add a bit of extra oomph. I mean you're charging with your wyches anyway, might as well get some work out of their transport.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2017-06-19

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 00:38

@FuelDrop wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well tbh i never send vehicule in cc for something else than an overwatch protection Very Happy

Why not? Our vehicles are some of the best close combat non-walkers out there, with a legitimately good to hit and dedicated weapons. If the Succubus gives full rerolls, not just reroll 1's (which I heard she might), then you have 75% chance to hit.

Yeah but its still a bit pricy for 3 strength 5 attack

With raiders it's S6. plus our 1 point Shock Prow to add a bit of extra oomph. I mean you're charging with your wyches anyway, might as well get some work out of their transport.


True i forgot about the Shock Prow . Could be a fun thing to do
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 00:43

@Quauchtemoc wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well tbh i never send vehicule in cc for something else than an overwatch protection Very Happy

Why not? Our vehicles are some of the best close combat non-walkers out there, with a legitimately good to hit and dedicated weapons. If the Succubus gives full rerolls, not just reroll 1's (which I heard she might), then you have 75% chance to hit.

Yeah but its still a bit pricy for 3 strength 5 attack

With raiders it's S6. plus our 1 point Shock Prow to add a bit of extra oomph. I mean you're charging with your wyches anyway, might as well get some work out of their transport.


True i forgot about the Shock Prow . Could be a fun thing to do

Always fun to run over a primerus marine with your flying boat. High Strength, an AP, and multiple wounds is a great opener on cheap characters too.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Morbid
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2018-01-20
Location : Northern Commorragh

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 02:20

My 2 cents to these leaks are this:
-A lot of positive changes, Wychcult armies are seeming to be finally playable
-Kabalites almost look to cheap, so I will have even more of them on the field
-I personally don't miss Trueborn and Bloodrides at all. Never really liked them
-Hellion and reaver costefficency looks misbalanced like in previous editions, but Hellions are playable just for the fun of haveing them, reavers seem to cheap compared to other armies bike units. 20-22ppm looks appropriate
-I totally understand The Shredder and others concerning our HQs, since 2010 I've been waiting to field my winged Archona again, feared by many, 12" movement, 12" charge.
-Also the lack of cheap HQs is frustrating, because ours are more a liability than an asset.
-Even cheaper Scourges is nice, I found them ok before.
-Finally it seems to be an option to field transports again
-And honestly in my last 2000p game I (as well as my opponent) felt like an ork with my 95% infantry list. Did I mentioned the Primaris player withdrew in 2nd turn?
-I hoped for some extra named characters, old or new ones, hopefully they bring some out the next weeks
-I wonder how it will work out with adding CW eldar HQ to our great units, Illaric is a great scourges companion, and warlocks are just cheap and still have a benefit

Still very exited to test the various options and playstyles we now get!

_________________
Your life shall end as it began; bathed in blood!
Back to top Go down
Mcprowlington
Slave
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-06-26

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 02:40

Hard to be mad when wych cults are finally good

but I really do feel the fluff dissonance. It felt like it was very deliberate that prior to this edition and outside of combat drugs, wyches never had s3 and could pretty much never wound on 3s. They represented in game what they were in fluff, really fast half-naked elf girls fighting against warriors that are more often then not fully armored juggernauts in comparison.

and i mean, It's cool that the succubus is better and all points-wise but I'd much rather her stay the current price and actually be a strong and scary duelist. 4+ invuln doesn't feel unique or fluffy at all because it feels like it's thrown on every space marine hq for free. Why is the queen of my fighting cult less scary than a space marine lieutenant? Can't she get some special treatment? if she has to take her own venom can it at least be some sort of special venom/relic that gets a boost for being the archons/succubus' personal transport?

But preferring cheap units to good units fits into this new image of multiple "gangs vying for power" on the tabletop (because apparently we're playing Necromunda: The Army) and this new detachment bonus stuff I guess.

Then again, wych spam was literally a thing only because of how cheap raiders were in 5th. Still, good, cheap vehicles feels like an appropriate niche for Dark Eldar to fill while very efficient infantry does not.

Also it feels bad that reavers don't benefit from the +1 to strength cult trait. and a little bad to have to use different detachments of different cults to get the most out of my army - i want my army to feel like it's just one cult.

Again, wych cults are viable again though so I just can't be that bummed at the end of the day. They're the army I bought into and i've felt forced into Kabals since the end of 5th so i'm glad that's no longer the case.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2017-06-19

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 02:56

Well i think the path they choosed to make whyches viable is the only one possible considering making them stronger and more expensive would just create well... arlequin
Back to top Go down
DarkNalfen
Slave
avatar

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-02-04

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 03:02

Hell yea! Badass Dark Eldar are back!
Pros:
Almost ALL became cheaper!
Melee! Can fight and kill in bloody combat like in the glory days of 2-4th red.
Blasters buffed
Splinter rifles buffed (thanks Archons, Kabal buffs)
Characters, Wyches, Wracks and Grots more tough.
More and better special weapons
Cons:
No Trueborn spam and Bloodbridges ( fine, Trueborn with new blasters would be CHEAT)
No Vect and other cool charecters.
No win at 2+ with re-roll

Waited this for 6 years...
Time to play 40k once more.

P.S: Plz, correct if I understand anything wrong
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2017-06-19

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 03:03

You understood correctly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych
avatar

Posts : 773
Join date : 2015-12-06
Location : Washington DC

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 03:16

O you got it right, Dark Eldar are back for sure. I do want to actually test out lists before I make a final assessment of the codex, but man having seen pretty much everything at this point thinks look great.

_________________
The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...
Back to top Go down
Mcprowlington
Slave
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-06-26

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 03:24

@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well i think the path they choosed to make whyches viable is the only one possible considering making them stronger and more expensive would just create well... arlequin

Yup, and that's reason #1 of why I think harlequins are stupid. They serve no niche craftworlders or dark eldar shouldn't have filled on their own. Their existence in the game as an army means that other armies have to be watered down. They exist solely to fulfill a killer clown trope. but that's another discussion for another time.


Last edited by Mcprowlington on Sun Apr 01 2018, 03:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2017-06-19

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 03:26

@Mcprowlington wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well i think the path they choosed to make whyches viable is the only one possible considering making them stronger and more expensive would just create well... arlequin

Yup, and that's reason #1 of why I think harlequins are stupid. They serve no niche craftworlders or dark eldar shouldn't have filled on their own. Their existence in the game as an army means that other armies have to be watered down.

I'm agree but in other hand if i remenber corectly Harlequin are actually older than DE
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 04:12

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
O you got it right, Dark Eldar are back for sure. I do want to actually test out lists before I make a final assessment of the codex, but man having seen pretty much everything at this point thinks look great.
Dark Eldar are dead. These new Drukhari thingies might be decent, though.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych
avatar

Posts : 735
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 04:12

@Quauchtemoc wrote:
@Mcprowlington wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well i think the path they choosed to make whyches viable is the only one possible considering making them stronger and more expensive would just create well... arlequin

Yup, and that's reason #1 of why I think harlequins are stupid. They serve no niche craftworlders or dark eldar shouldn't have filled on their own. Their existence in the game as an army means that other armies have to be watered down.

I'm agree but in other hand if i remenber corectly Harlequin are actually older than DE

Yep, there was even a full Harlequin army list back in the 2nd edition Eldar codex.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2017-06-19

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 04:13

Well Dark Eldar as you want them to be never existed tbh
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2017-06-19

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 04:14

@Burnage wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
@Mcprowlington wrote:
@Quauchtemoc wrote:
Well i think the path they choosed to make whyches viable is the only one possible considering making them stronger and more expensive would just create well... arlequin

Yup, and that's reason #1 of why I think harlequins are stupid. They serve no niche craftworlders or dark eldar shouldn't have filled on their own. Their existence in the game as an army means that other armies have to be watered down.

I'm agree but in other hand if i remenber corectly Harlequin are actually older than DE

Yep, there was even a full Harlequin army list back in the 2nd edition Eldar codex.

But it dont matter cause we are cooler :p
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych
avatar

Posts : 773
Join date : 2015-12-06
Location : Washington DC

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 06:05

@FuelDrop wrote:
@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
O you got it right, Dark Eldar are back for sure. I do want to actually test out lists before I make a final assessment of the codex, but man having seen pretty much everything at this point thinks look great.
Dark Eldar are dead. These new Drukhari thingies might be decent, though.

Eh agree to disagree.

_________________
The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors...
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2018-03-31

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 09:49

@FuelDrop wrote:


8 point, 2 attack base Wyches? plus drugs and stratagems? Awesome! I'm going Cursed Blade, popping +1 attack drugs, then Hyperstim backlash. 5 S4 attacks each is going to tear most squads apart. Have them Webway charge and use the strategem to get +1 on the power from pain chart to have a 20 man squad pull a surprise on a devastator squad or the like.

Mmmh, 5 S4 attacks, or 4 S5 attacks... not sure. Wounding T4 (which is quite a lot of infantry) on 3s is actually quite seducing?

I'm guessing you choose the drug effects before the game. So can change accordingly to the opponent.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 09:58

sooo about close combat a flayed skull archon with the warlord trait and djinn blade has 8 S5 AP-3 DamageD3 attacks on the charge... This is amazing even against vehicles.
Also is it possible to have 2 relics on the same model? If so it get even better
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 59
Join date : 2018-03-31

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 10:09

Not possible to have 2 relics on the same model.
Back to top Go down
Mcprowlington
Slave
avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2017-06-26

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 11:12

So did they really not change the +1 WS drug to +1 to hit? or blood dancer to read "unmodified" hit of 6?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Morbid
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2018-01-20
Location : Northern Commorragh

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 11:57

Usually only one relic per Character

_________________
Your life shall end as it began; bathed in blood!
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 253
Join date : 2017-06-19

PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   Sun Apr 01 2018, 14:05

@Mcprowlington wrote:
So did they really not change the +1 WS drug to +1 to hit? or blood dancer to read "unmodified" hit of 6?

Drugs are the same so no and idk for blood dancer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TTT DE video   

Back to top Go down
 
TTT DE video
Back to top 
Page 15 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: