Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord Asvaldir
Wych
Lord Asvaldir

Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:37

True, if you were going to run a big blob of say 15 hellions the fearless would be sweet.

And fair point about the relics/stratagems/warlord traits, we do need the full picture.

Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:38

Is anyone else hoping they let wyches field 1 wych weapon per 3 models like 5e bloodbrides? That way it allows for 3 in a squad of 9+Succubus, for those who may want to field a maxed squad of 20 you also get twice as many weapons for the squad size, and since it still equates to 3 weapons per 10 it isn't as though the complaint of "it isn't in the box so it can't happen" can be used.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:39

That would be sweet, there'd be no need for units of 10 anymore. Would be a bit awkward for wyches in a venom though, unit of 5 wyches is one off from getting another special weapon.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:41

@Ubernoob1 wrote:
Is anyone else hoping they let wyches field 1 wych weapon per 3 models like 5e bloodbrides? That way it allows for 3 in a squad of 9+Succubus, for those who may want to field a maxed squad of 20 you also get twice as many weapons for the squad size, and since it still equates to 3 weapons per 10 it isn't as though the complaint of "it isn't in the box so it can't happen" can be used.

I hope you DONT have to play 9+1 Succubus. I've had enough of marathon-running Succubus...

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:42

@Ubernoob1 wrote:

That would be nice.

On a similar note, do we know yet whether Bloodbrides and Trueborn are in the codex? I heard it suggested that they might be getting the axe.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:45

No info about that.

I fear it's gonna happen. Else, they'd had talked about Trueborns with the blaster preview.

Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:46

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
That would be sweet, there'd be no need for units of 10 anymore. Would be a bit awkward for wyches in a venom though, unit of 5 wyches is one off from getting another special weapon.

While that's true, we also would not lose a weapon from what they have now.

@Mppqlmd wrote:
I hope you DONT have to play 9+1 Succubus. I've had enough of marathon-running Succubus...

Sorry, what? By marathon you mean the Succubus running outside the raider? Isn't some of that fixed by getting the 3 wych weapons at only 9 instead of 10 so she can ride with a wych squad without costing them TWO special weapons? Or do you mean something else?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:48

I'd simply enjoy having (like everyone else) 12 seats on my party bus.

Archon+10 kabs with heavy weapon

Haemy with 10 wracks + 2 specials

Succubus with 10 wyches + 3 specials

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:48

@Ubernoob1 wrote:
Sorry, what? By marathon you mean the Succubus running outside the raider? Isn't some of that fixed by getting the 3 wych weapons at only 9 instead of 10 so she can ride with a wych squad without costing them TWO special weapons? Or do you mean something else?

I'm guessing he means that either Raiders get 11 transport slots or else Succubi are allowed to take Jetbikes/skyboards.

EDIT: Damn ninjas. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:50

Yeah, that of course would still be best...
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:52

I honestly don't see why there isn't room for 15-16 people on a raider as at least half the Druhkari that ride in it prefer to chain themselves to the railing and hang off the sides ...
Back to top Go down
Khalyxidae hybristoma
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:52

Having trouble deciding what the best course of action re:hellions is -

+1S super increases their threat range, and the fearless thing; +1A makes them a real blade tornado, and advance+charge means they are among the most mobile units in the game (although they still have the structural integrity of a prince rupert's drop)

I'm tempted by the cursed blade, but both S and A can be dealt with in other ways, and the Red Grief just sounds like so much fun.

I feel like if they've managed a good enough position and maintained decent numbers, hyperstim could be used to drastically increase their threat range/damage output for a surprise anti-what-have-you blob when you need it.

Last edited by Khalyxidae hybristoma on Thu 29 Mar - 19:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 19:54

Quote :
I feel like if they've managed a good enough position and maintained decent numbers, hyperstim could be used to drastically increase their threat range/damage output for a surprise anti-what-have-you blob when you need it.

But then again, for one more CP they can fight twice...

I think Red Grief would have been really good had it been "Advance and charge, no penatly for shooting after advance". But the charge reroll seems like an unecessary overkill.

Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:05

@Khalyxidae hybristoma wrote:
Having trouble deciding what the best course of action re:hellions is -

+1S super increases their threat range, and the fearless thing; +1A makes them a real blade tornado, and advance+charge means they are among the most mobile units in the game (although they still have the structural integrity of a prince rupert's drop)

I'm tempted by the cursed blade, but both S and A can be dealt with in other ways, and the Red Grief just sounds like so much fun.

It seems like we should wait until we've seen their statline before making that decision, since we don't yet know whether anything has changed.

If, like wyches, they've been given an extra attack, then that would probably make the strength or Advance&Charge options more appealing.
Back to top Go down
the_scotsman
Hellion
the_scotsman

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:09

It's worth noting though that Cursed Blade doesn't benefit Reavers except for the morale bonus, nor Raiders or Venoms (except, hilariously, for the shock prow attack).

Strife benefits all those units. Strength is also less of a sure thing in 8th - Blade wyches attacking S5 don't do any more damage, nor do blade hellions hitting GEQ or tanks. Doesn't help agonizers either.

That I think explains some of the reason Blade gets the extra bonus against Strife. Strife bonus, despite it having the condition it has, is more consistent.

Also, on the drug overdose strat: it's interesting to me because you can double and even triple dip it because it lasts the whole round. Combine it with the Strife strat, Soulburst, and your opponents turn and it gets a lot more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:24

We'll have to see wych weapons to judge between Strife and Cursed blade. If hydra gauntlets remain the only valid one, then Strife all the way.

If the others became valid... it could change a lot.

Quote :
Also, on the drug overdose strat: it's interesting to me because you can double and even triple dip it because it lasts the whole round. Combine it with the Strife strat, Soulburst, and your opponents turn and it gets a lot more interesting.

You can't play soulburst with a Cult Obsession. Those are Drukhari stratagems, you don't play them in Ynnari.

Slave
Shride

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:25

Another random musing: Strength buffs on Wyches make the Power Sword a lot more intriguing of an option for Hekatrii and Arena Champions.
Back to top Go down
Khalyxidae hybristoma
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:30

For Helliarchs, as well!

I suppose we will have to wait to learn more. But I'm so impatient! I keep hoping i can make real army building decisions with scraps, lol

We do know that hellion strength is likely the same - getting the bonus from the hellglaive and cursed blade to a total of 5, according to the article
Back to top Go down
the_scotsman
Hellion
the_scotsman

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:32

Not an obsession, but you absolutely can use subfaction Stratagems in Ynnari if you include any dark eldar detachment.

You get combat drugs, you can make them Strife (though you don't get the obsession) and you may then combo both strays with soulburst.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:32

I wonder if the beasts will get the necessary keywords to do any of this.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:37

@TeenageAngst wrote:
I wonder if the beasts will get the necessary keywords to do any of this.

Will birds have access to an obsession giving them +1 S and moral immunity for free ? Hmmm, probably not XD

Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:38

@the_scotsman wrote:
Not an obsession, but you absolutely can use subfaction Stratagems in Ynnari if you include any dark eldar detachment.

Unless they use the wording they've done in Chapter approved and declare that we cannot use stratagems on units in detachments with Ynnari units. I'd be surprised if that isn't what they do as well as errata the same wording for craftworld eldar via this "March" FaQ.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:46

Why does everyone keep saying cursed blade won’t interact with reavers? Per FAQ every unit has a ccw and the arena champion can take power swords. Very occasionally I could see s5 reavers being preferable to bladevanes. Especially with that arena champion we talked about at the head. Still to early to tell.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:53

@amorrowlyday wrote:
Why does everyone keep saying cursed blade won’t interact with reavers? Per FAQ every unit has a ccw and the arena champion can take power swords. Very occasionally I could see s5 reavers being preferable to bladevanes. Especially with that arena champion we talked about at the head. Still to early to tell.

While the bit about the close combat weapon is true, to be strength 5 wouldn't that also require the +1 S drug as well as the obsession?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar - 20:55

@amorrowlyday wrote:

So you lose 1 T and 1 AP to gain 1 S. Meh ^^

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults   Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Codex Drukhari Preview: Wych Cults
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: