HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:07

amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:09

Reading it now! Be back soon Smile

Edit: So far i really like the Prophets of Flesh and i must say the administer of punishment isnt really good at all, the point of that would be to use Grots and flamers, but now.. well i guess a unit of Talos would be best?

Over all i am liking the 4++ very much!

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points

Last edited by amishprn86 on Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:11

Prophets of flesh.... drooling!!!
Freak show is back
Shooting into combat? Ummm yes please!

Last edited by Sarkesian on Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:11

Haha only 3. I like the Pray they dont take you alive strategem.

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:13

Really wish they'd told us what the actual units were like. Grots, Talos and Cronos are pretty awful in the index and need some serious work to make them and, by extension, Covens viable.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
ricorongen
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:14

Very Happy it is awesome.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:15

Prophets of Flesh seems pretty good (the trait is a little boring, but undoubtedly functional).  Black Cornucopians looks fun.

Dark Creed could be useful mixed with PGLs in a Kabal detachment.

An Esoteric Kill, Delivered From Afar seems a bit crap, though. Or, more accurately, it appears to be in the wrong subfaction. Kabal would have loved this, but Coven barely have any ranged weapons to begin with . . . and one of them is already a sniper rifle. Neutral

The Butchers of Flesh obsession is good, but their stratagem seems just as out of place as the one above. Again, why is this given to our melee subfaction, rather than our shooting one?
Back to top Go down
Yawn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:17

Damn I was hoping for Cults today!
Prophets of the Flesh jumps out as the strongest option for me. 4++ on all your Coven units is just great. Coven of Twelve is not bad though. I hope Wyches get something similar to that!
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:21

Now, I want big units of grots. When they'll be down to 2-3, I'll pay 2CP and have a whole replenished unit. And since it's not a new unit, but replenishing, you don't have to pay the reinforcement points.

And you can do it with talos and cronos too. I hope they'll get better.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:22

@dumpeal wrote:
Now, I want big units of grots. When they'll be down to 2-3, I'll pay 2CP and have a whole replenished unit. And since it's not a new unit, but replenishing, you don't have to pay the reinforcement points.

If Talos and Cronos can be in units, then that is huge!

Double check, it says Wracks only

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points

Last edited by amishprn86 on Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:22

I love that our factions catchphrase is a stratagem now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:23

@dumpeal wrote:

If you're referring to Black Cornucopians, you know it only works with units of Wracks, right?
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:24

@dumpeal wrote:

Specifically says a Wracks unit.
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:24

Dumpeal it says wracks doesent it?

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
ricorongen
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:25

Whats our catchphrase?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:25

Prophets sounds like the best for sure, but oh man could some shenanigans be had with the Dark Creed. Hemlock, Phantasm, and three units of Wracks gives a -5 to leadership.

Even Space Marines are going to learn to fear us

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:26

Pray they don't take you alive. It's referenced more in WH:F but it's a pretty common phrase used when Dark Eldar are referred to.
Back to top Go down
the_scotsman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:26

Dark Creed raiders with 2 units of Wracks or 3 grots and a haemie are now instant -3LD bombs. Combine with hemlocks for a stupidly easy no rolls required -5LD aura.

Guard screens are a lot easier to deal with when an average infantry squad dies to four casualties.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite

LOL. Clearly we're all REALLY excited. in the time it took me to type: "it only works with Wracks" There were 6 additional replies!!!

Overall other than the prophets of flesh, this is just ok. Big thing I was hoping to see from the covens was changes to the actual units.

Hopefully there are some, but I expect that if there were, they would have been here.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

@TheBaconPope wrote:
Prophets sounds like the best for sure, but oh man could some shenanigans be had with the Dark Creed. Hemlock, Phantasm, and three units of Wracks gives a -5 to leadership.

Even Space Marines are going to learn to fear us

Freakshow here we come!!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:27

As far as shooting units go we can include Raiders, Ravagers, Venoms, Razorwing Jetfighters, and Voidraiven Bombers. Also Talos with their guns are solid.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:27

Ravagers can currently only have the kabal keyword, and our fliers only kabal/cult so except for raiders/venoms we can't really get any shooting coven units.

I really like how the prophets of flesh warlord trait is a guaranteed payback for our 3 warlord trait stratagem, plus the chance to get a few extra cp on top of that. Very nice trait, definitely leaning towards using prophets of flesh just because of that. Plus you can't go wrong with a +4 invul.

Other traits certainly aren't bad either though. Dark Creed seems to have some solid potential if you plan on taking a few coven units mixed with PGLs, while coven of twelve helps everything with its offensive potential. I wish we got some info on pts/rules changes to the coven units though since several of them need it, but I guess we'll have to wait for the codex, or maybe they'll do a unit preview on Friday after wych cults.

Last edited by Lord Asvaldir on Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:28

-LD is not so good tho, especially against guards. But if you like the gimick go with Night lords, you get -7LD super easy.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:30

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Ravagers can currently only have the kabal keyword, and our fliers only kabal/cult so except for raiders/venoms we can't really get any shooting coven units.

I really like how the prophets of flesh warlord trait is a guaranteed payback for our 3 warlord trait stratagem, plus the chance to get a few extra cp on top of that. Very nice trait, definitely leaning towards using prophets of flesh just because of that. Plus you can't go wrong with a +4 invul.

Other traits certainly aren't bad either though. Dark Creed seems to have some solid potential if you plan on taking a few coven units mixed with PGLs, while coven of twelve helps everything with its offensive potential. I wish we got some info on pts/rules changes to the coven units though since several of them need it, but I guess we'll have to wait for the codex, or maybe they'll do a unit preview on Friday after wych cults.

Reaper and Tantulas has <coven> WHAHAHAHAHAHA

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   Wed Mar 28 2018, 15:31

@Sarkesian wrote:
As far as shooting units go we can include Raiders, Ravagers, Venoms, Razorwing Jetfighters, and Voidraiven Bombers. Also Talos with their guns are solid.

If its for the Dark creed thing Razorwing, bomber and ravagers dont have the coven keyword.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens   

Back to top Go down

Codex: Drukhari Preview: Haemonculus Covens
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: