HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2968
Join date : 2013-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:28

@Caldera02 wrote:

Thirst for Power - Using webway on something and then getting re-roll charges seems good. Also +1 hit starting round 2 now.  That's legit.

But why a Kabal unit? Wouldn't you want that for a Wych or Coven unit?

And since nothing in my Kabal army would want to be in melee in the first place, +1 to hit in combat is practically an insult - regardless of whether I get it on turn 2 or turn 3.

@Caldera02 wrote:
The Serpent's Kiss - re-rolling a failed third of wounds seems legit to me.

On one specific weapon type that isn't good to begin with. Colour me unimpressed.

@Caldera02 wrote:

Splinter Racks - A lot of -1 to hit abilities are outside of rapid fire anyway.  So this will happen less often than you think.  

Maybe, but it's still an unimpressive rule.

@Caldera02 wrote:

Slay from the Skies - This one is interesting.  Is it basically just Venoms that benefit from this and units inside them and raiders?  At least until they get knocked out of them that is.

Assuming that Splinter Cannons are still rapid-fire, yes that's correct.

It's also a bit weird that we have 2 Kabals dedicated to giving rerolls to poison weapons. I know they're not quite the same, but there still seems to be a fair amount of redundancy there.

I don't mind so long as the as-yet-unseen kabals make up for it. It'll be annoying if our shooting subfaction is only allowed rerolls for poison weapons and melee weapons. Neutral

@Caldera02 wrote:
Masters of the Shadowed Sky - Agree, very situational.

It bugs me that this is outright worse than the IG Vostroyan stratagem (a straight +1 to hit against any unit).

@Caldera02 wrote:

Armour of Misery - I fail my 2++ all the damn time....having a 3+ to use on small arms fire instead is very good for my archons hehe.

On the one hand, that's true. I'd forgotten that you aren't forced to use your 'best' save anymore.

On the other hand, I think the Shadowfield really needed to be reworked (e.g. have it come back on at the end of turn or turn into a 5++ when failed). This makes me think it's been left unchanged.


@Mppqlmd wrote:
They did reveal a lot, and everything they revealed has some sort of use :

- Black heart : let's not forget Incubi and Mandrakes can be Kabal. You could run an Archon + mandrakes in a Vanguard to get the sweet CP refund, and turn 1 charges with those Mandrakes, for example.

Are you sure Incubi and Mandrakes can count as Kabal units? The previous article seemed to say the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Caldera02
Slave
avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2014-12-01
Location : Austin, Tx

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:30

@Mppqlmd wrote:
They did reveal a lot, and everything they revealed has some sort of use :

- Black heart : let's not forget Incubi and Mandrakes can be Kabal. You could run an Archon + mandrakes in a Vanguard to get the sweet CP refund, and turn 1 charges with those Mandrakes, for example.

- Poison tongue : pretty great, works well with mandrakes/incubi AND kabalites. A bit less useful for gunboats than the flayed skulls, but the sniper artefact is super sweet.

- Flayed skull : the go-to for gunboats. Ignore cover, +3 mvt and reroll 1's for some weapons is A LOT.

- Obsidian rose : it's nice.

Add to that the blaster, the racks (that can combo pretty well with the Flayed skull stratagem if you're shooting at, say, a flyrant), and we can qualify this as great news.

How do Incubi and mandrakes get <kabal> tagged?

Mandrakes and incubi dont have posioned weapons?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
avatar

Posts : 659
Join date : 2017-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:31

Quote :

I think I'm reading Labyrinthine Cunning differently. I find ours to be AMAZING! Each time you or your opponent uses a command point (singlular) to use a strategem. I read this as if I spend 3pts for a strategem, I get 3D6 rolls to get more points. Has anyone else read it that way? It says spends a point vs stratagem. If this is correct, we now have the best version of this.

It's okay, ish. But PfP has taught me to never rely on a 6+. Your interpretation is correct, but consider that this is a faction specific trait. If you're not wanting to play, or pay for, a Black Heart detachment and warlord, you're SOL.

Guard have a general Warlord trait, Grand Strategist is it? That gives a CP back every time you spend a CP on a 5+. They also have an Artifact (something Aquila, I think) that gives a CP back whenever your enemy spends one on a 5+. Both of these can be given to a 30 point company commander. Ours is okay, but we have a lot of hoops to jump through.

_________________
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem."
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1844
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:34

Quote :
How do Incubi and mandrakes get <kabal> tagged?

Mandrakes and incubi dont have posioned weapons?

Serpent's Kiss works with Poison AND melee weapons.

But yeah, mercs don't benefit from obsessions, so there's to that.


SO, unless there is change to PfP, Black Heart is only a way to gain 6+++ for your vehicles (and get your aura debuff/moral immunity earlier, which isn't great).

_________________
My Kabal


Last edited by Mppqlmd on Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:35

@TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :

I think I'm reading Labyrinthine Cunning differently. I find ours to be AMAZING! Each time you or your opponent uses a command point (singlular) to use a strategem. I read this as if I spend 3pts for a strategem, I get 3D6 rolls to get more points. Has anyone else read it that way? It says spends a point vs stratagem. If this is correct, we now have the best version of this.

It's okay, ish. But PfP has taught me to never rely on a 6+. Your interpretation is correct, but consider that this is a faction specific trait. If you're not wanting to play, or pay for, a Black Heart detachment and warlord, you're SOL.

Guard have a general Warlord trait, Grand Strategist is it? That gives a CP back every time you spend a CP on a 5+. They also have an Artifact (something Aquila, I think) that gives a CP back whenever your enemy spends one on a 5+. Both of these can be given to a 30 point company commander. Ours is okay, but we have a lot of hoops to jump through.

Yeah, the IG abilities are superb. I take an IG Supreme Command detachment along with my Blood Angels Brigade. Anytime I use a stratagem for x CPs I get x+1 chances to roll 5+ and get a CP back plus I can get a CP on a 5+ every time my opponent uses a stratagem!

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2016-12-13
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:36

If power from pain is unchanged, being immune to battleshock/morale, from turn 3 seems quite handy to have, as black heart kabal.

_________________
A Sybarite is never sybawrong...
I have a project log. http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14639-kabal-coven-wych-cult-and-harlequinsyyy
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1778
Join date : 2016-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:39

I like the new blaster profile.
The Kabal profiles seem alright.
New rules for the Raider are okay.
It's gonna be nice having long range Dark Lances.
Being 3 factions and some factionless units still hurts though. Now more than ever.

_________________
Really terrible videos about tiny plastic space elfs intended to help you get gud scrub:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZP8WGIhte5TmCWQXsZO4A

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1844
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:42

I think to judge that we'll have to see every Warlord Trait. If they are very good, then the hassle to juggle with 3 factions will be compensated with the ability to combine them (something quite unique).


I just realized something. We'll have 12 FACTIONS TRAITS !

_________________
My Kabal


Last edited by Mppqlmd on Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 173
Join date : 2016-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:43

Looking pretty good so far
Back to top Go down
Dark-Lord-101
Slave
avatar

Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Milan, Italy

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:46

@Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :
How do Incubi and mandrakes get <kabal> tagged?

Mandrakes and incubi dont have posioned weapons?

Serpent's Kiss works with Poison AND melee weapons.

But yeah, mercs don't benefit from obsessions, so there's to that.


SO, unless there is change to PfP, Black Heart is only a way to gain 6+++ for your vehicles (and get your aura debuff/moral immunity earlier, which isn't great).

And the members of the archon's court that don't have PfP Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
FrankyMcShanky
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2017-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:48

Everyone seems bummed about mercenaries not getting a kabal bonus but just look at what we learned about Scourges.

They've dropped at least a point and we'll all be running them with Blasters now instead of Dark Lances. Making an already fantastic unit at least 25 points cheaper and no longer receive a -1 to hit on the turn they come in.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1844
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:51

@Dark-Lord-101 wrote:


And the members of the archon's court that don't have PfP Twisted Evil

That's true, we often forget about the court. Those are Kabals, and are very much CC-oriented.

_________________
My Kabal
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 142
Join date : 2017-06-28
Location : Lincolnshire

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:51

That does mean that I suddenly regret putting DLs on my Scourges though! Razz

_________________
Traverse the Webway with us! https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 117
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:53

maybe silly question but do you have to have an archon in the detachment to receive a kabal bonus? For example if i have an air wing detachment can i choose a kabal bonus for my flyers?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:53

@PartZebra wrote:
That does mean that I suddenly regret putting DLs on my Scourges though! Razz

Dont know yey! we havent seen them at all Razz might be better rules hehe

Oh, i miss that Scourges are a points deduction!

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points


Last edited by amishprn86 on Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7226
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:53

@PartZebra wrote:
That does mean that I suddenly regret putting DLs on my Scourges though! Razz

I have one unit with Haywires and one with Blasters. Fingers crossed for decent Haywire rules!

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:56

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@PartZebra wrote:
That does mean that I suddenly regret putting DLs on my Scourges though! Razz

I have one unit with Haywires and one with Blasters. Fingers crossed for decent Haywire rules!


I have 4 boxes, so i made 1 of each lol.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
avatar

Posts : 510
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:56

@FrankyMcShanky wrote:
Everyone seems bummed about mercenaries not getting a kabal bonus but just look at what we learned about Scourges.  

They've dropped at least a point and we'll all be running them with Blasters now instead of Dark Lances.  Making an already fantastic unit at least 25 points cheaper and no longer receive a -1 to hit on the turn they come in.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
avatar

Posts : 659
Join date : 2017-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:57

Quote :
maybe silly question but do you have to have an archon in the detachment to receive a kabal bonus? For example if i have an air wing detachment can i choose a kabal bonus for my flyers?

Nope! As long as everything in the detachment has the <Kabal> keyword, you're good to go!

_________________
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem."
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 142
Join date : 2017-06-28
Location : Lincolnshire

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:58

@Mppqlmd wrote:
That's true, we often forget about the court. Those are Kabals, and are very much CC-oriented.

Only downside there being that if you want the Court in a Patrol, you can only take two of them. Two Sslyth may not have quite the punch we want in this instance. Of course, if you're NOT doing a Patrol detachment...

_________________
Traverse the Webway with us! https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
avatar

Posts : 510
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 16:59

@DevilDoll wrote:
maybe silly question but do you have to have an archon in the detachment to receive a kabal bonus? For example if i have an air wing detachment can i choose a kabal bonus for my flyers?
Of course, these abilities are tied to the keywords, not any specific units.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
avatar

Posts : 510
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 17:00

@Mppqlmd wrote:
@Dark-Lord-101 wrote:


And the members of the archon's court that don't have PfP Twisted Evil

That's true, we often forget about the court. Those are Kabals, and are very much CC-oriented.
Except those units don't have PfP, so can never benefit from any boost to that special rule. No reroll charges, no +1 to WS. They will at least gain a 6+++, which is something at least. Unless this has been changed it's doubly annoying as the Court is the only real source of CC for Kabals.
Back to top Go down
Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 225
Join date : 2017-06-01
Location : Montreal

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 17:01

@PartZebra wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
That's true, we often forget about the court. Those are Kabals, and are very much CC-oriented.

Only downside there being that if you want the Court in a Patrol, you can only take two of them. Two Sslyth may not have quite the punch we want in this instance. Of course, if you're NOT doing a Patrol detachment...

If you have an Archon, you can take up to 4 court members without it having to fit into your force org.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3253
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 17:02

@Bad-baden-baden wrote:
@PartZebra wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
That's true, we often forget about the court. Those are Kabals, and are very much CC-oriented.

Only downside there being that if you want the Court in a Patrol, you can only take two of them. Two Sslyth may not have quite the punch we want in this instance. Of course, if you're NOT doing a Patrol detachment...

If you have an Archon, you can take up to 4 court members without it having to fit into your force org.

Well... that might change.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 142
Join date : 2017-06-28
Location : Lincolnshire

PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   Tue Mar 27 2018, 17:04

@Bad-baden-baden wrote:
@PartZebra wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
That's true, we often forget about the court. Those are Kabals, and are very much CC-oriented.

Only downside there being that if you want the Court in a Patrol, you can only take two of them. Two Sslyth may not have quite the punch we want in this instance. Of course, if you're NOT doing a Patrol detachment...

If you have an Archon, you can take up to 4 court members without it having to fit into your force org.

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about that!!! I've been running the court wrong all this dang time!

_________________
Traverse the Webway with us! https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals   

Back to top Go down
 
Codex Drukhari Preview: The Kabals
Back to top 
Page 4 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: