HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
yellabelly
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 14:43

Reading the article it talks about them having their own warlord traits, relics and I think bonuses. So they will probably gain a subfaction trait for pure detachments, but they aren't going to lose PfP or Drukahri special rules. There's also no suggestion of stratagems being limited. The Ad Mech stratagems have a few which only affect skitarii or only affect cult mech, but they are still "Ad Mech" stratagems and nothing is lost from the strays by mixing the two in a detachment.

Last edited by yellabelly on Tue Mar 27 2018, 14:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 14:43

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Not gaining benefits from being in the same detachment when they are the same army is the biggest nerf we could possibly get. We are taxed to combine 3 tiny armies.

That wasnt my point at all, my point was they will still have a way to play all of them together, with or without buffs is another story, we will see soon if you lose benefits or not.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 14:44

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Not gaining benefits from being in the same detachment when they are the same army is the biggest nerf we could possibly get. We are taxed to combine 3 tiny armies.

Plenty of armies have faction traits which only benefit a very small subset of their whole list. It's not a nerf for us to have that and also get a way around it.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 14:44

@yellabelly wrote:
Reading the article it talks about them having their own warlord traits, relics and I think bonuses. So they will probably gain a subfaction trait for pure detachments, but they aren't going to lose PfP or Drukahri special rules. There's also no suggestion of stratagems being limited. The Ad Mech stratagems have a few which only affect skitarii or only affect cult mech, but no issues in mixing the two in a detachment.

Currently all codex with different traits do this already. Tyranids Fleets for an example has, WL traits, Relics, stratagems, trait rules for each trait.

DE isnt any different from what i have seen so far, we are just more generally in traits already.
Edit: Im not saying we wont have bonus's for spliting up more so, just saying traits already act the way subfactions act.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 14:46

Being able to combine them while losing all benefits is more or less saying you can't run them that way, at least, if you intend to try to win.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 14:49

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Being able to combine them while losing all benefits is more or less saying you can't run them that way, at least, if you intend to try to win.

uhhgg,,,, again... that doesnt matter if the player doesnt care, the point was the rules as we know it currently support playing all DE units in the same detachment.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 14:49

You aren't losing all benefits. You're acting like this will be mixing DE, CWE and Harlequins in a detachment where you would lose all special rules. Dark Eldar will still be one army, and a mixed detachment would still gain Drukahri special rules, and presumably the full range of stratagems.

Honestly TeenageAngst, the way you talk is raging about anything not completely WAAC. From your posts, I'd imagine you'd be happier picking the top tier army, not hoping the army you picked gets made top tier.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:14

The statements being made by TeenageAngst and a few others are not wrong. As far as they're (Gw) making it sound, by fielding both a kabalite warrior and a wych unit in the same detachment you forfeit the obsession traits. The raiding force rule helps alleviate the trouble of fielding multiple smaller detachments, and there is nothing preventing people from using any of the others normally, but this fact does not seem to have changed. What we're now hoping for is they make the traits worth it, or there are more extra rules outside the norm we've yet to see (and some already being hinted at) that make this handicap worth it in the end.

Last edited by Ubernoob1 on Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:16

I like the new blaster profile.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
eae
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:17

@TeenageAngst wrote:
We are taxed to combine 3 tiny armies.
By "taxed" do you mean "forced to take 1 HQ per subfaction"? Because that's what's going to happen. You don't need to field a Raiding Force if you don't want to, detachments like Vanguard or Outrider are still a thing, all you have to do to keep a subfaction bonus is to take a HQ that does actually provide a useful aura to whatever unit you want to play with. You can always field a Battalion + Outrider, or, if taking a HQ seems such an awful idea, even an Auxiliary Support detachment - I've seen tournaments won with the latter.

And for the rest of us, taking Patrols AND having CPs for it is a huge advantage, since there is a place in DE army for every troop we have, especially if the Wyches get the buff. It's a nice option to have, and it's requirement of 1 HQ + 1 Troops is not a "tax", it's a blessing compared to what we had to deal with!

Now if only they straighten this out for the tournament limits...
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:24

I am hoping that based of a Wych Cult start collecting they've actually fixed the warrior women. Also what new blaster profile are you referring to angst?
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:26

They're now D6 damage, todays preview is up.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:31

I like the poison tongue + racks synergy. Gimme some reroll to hit stratagem and I'm done.

Sent from Topic'it App

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:32

Looks fairly fun so far
Back to top Go down
WS0007
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:38

@eae wrote:

Now if only they straighten this out for the tournament limits...
Well being that FLG helped with the play testing I am thinking this is not going to be an issue!
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:41

@Mppqlmd wrote:
I like the poison tongue + racks synergy. Gimme some reroll to hit stratagem and I'm done.

Sent from Topic'it App

I thibk most will play the flayed skull. 3 Move for Fly, no cover against shooting and reroll for rapid fire. Combine that with splinterracks. Who are the Black Heart again? #Vectstimeisover

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:42

Wow...it all feels so DE it is so cool.

Kabal of the poison tongue will now surely see the return of massed splinter fire.

I am gutted my fav Kabal of the last hatred didn't make the cut but seriously I think these are all so cool. None of these are super powerful, but they are decent and fluffy.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:42

Move to http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17192p25-next-article-is-up about new info, i dont want to keep 2 convo's in 2 places about the same thing if we dont mind.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 15:46

@amishprn86 wrote:
Move to http://www.thedarkcity.net/t17192p25-next-article-is-up about new info, i dont want to keep 2 convo's in 2 places about the same thing if we dont mind.

Good point. Can we keep this thread for the preview dated 26th March please. I'll change the thread title for this and the other thread - Count Adhemar

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyYumYums
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 18:54

@mynamelegend wrote:
@Voidhawk wrote:
Not at all. You can take a Raiding force of 3 Kabal Patrols. Either all different Kabals, or just the same Kabal three times if all you want is the extra CP. Or 2 Kabal Patrols with Warriors and Ravagers, and one Cult Patrol with a single unit of webway-wyches and some Reavers. If Coven suddenly gets buffed into the stratosphere, but you still want some warriors for Lances you can go Coven/Coven/Kabal.

If you're thinking about Battalion+Outrider, spend a moment considering Raiding Force+Outrider.

To borrow a term from Magic the Gathering: the purpose of the Raiding Force is splashing. You get to bring a few units from whatever sub-faction you like, without giving up CPs or special rules.

Every other army in the game gets to do all the splashing they want too, and they don't have to pick between cherry-picking and getting access to their Tactics.

There's absolutely nothing stopping a Chaos Marines army from fielding a Word Bearers patrol, an Alpha Legion patrol, and an Iron Warriors patrol. Each one of those patrols gives up basically nothing except for the named characters. You can take more or less the full breadth of CSM units in every single one of those patrols with no problem.

By comparison, a Coven detachment can field less than half of the units in our index without losing their Obsession.

Our system for Obsessions is basically just the Chapter Tactics everyone else gets, only... Much worse, because instead of cutting out "named characters and maybe the librarian or sorcerer", we're cutting out a third to half the codex.

It doesn't seem very likely that forcing us to take more of our worst and weakest slot (HQs) will make up for the fact that we may well be taxed into the dirt if we want to field a mixed army like *every other codex gets to do without having to deal with this crap*.
(And as a sidenote, even fielding pure Kabal patrols is basically just a way to force ourselves to get even more goddamn Archons. You're probably better off with a Brigade if you're fine with running 3 Kabal Patrols)

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't they not get CP for doing it though?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   Tue Mar 27 2018, 19:58

@Mppqlmd wrote:
@The Shredder wrote:
Oh joy. Because I really want to have to take even more of our godawful HQ choices.

There might be some profile changes in the codex, you know ^^

Or aura changes, or wargear changes etc. Pr all of the above. Excited.

I love how some people bitch on here about basically everything, and really don't have any information. I won't botch or judge until I see the book in it's full context. Even then I just try to make the best of it. The codex is not going to suck.

PostSubject: Re: Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party   

Back to top Go down

Codex: Drukhai Preview – Assembling Your Raiding Party
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: