HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Munich/Bavaria

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:34

I, beeing just a casual player, look forward, seeing the new Codex. The last one was so disappointing,
killing 5 named Charakters, without a second thought, eliminating venom blades, our charakter weapons,
I stopped playing the complete 7th edition. I am now full of hope, we can be bad-ass again. At least fluff wise.
Maybe, just maybe, the Drukhari can be played fluffy again and even win some matches.

Personally, I want some mean tricks, a Kabal named Charakter, and the good old helmet of despise.

_________________
When I'm good, I'm very, very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1775
Join date : 2016-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:35

@Gherma wrote:
TeenageAngst, I don’t know how old are you and what is your job, but honestly all this hate towards “people not biting the hands who feed them” is very out of place. There is a difference between being a third part reviewing a product and a part of a working system. If you are working for a company and you produce something bad together, you shouldn’t go around saying “you know it’s bad because of the boss of the company” and the boss shouldn’t go around saying “you know, it’s bad because the workers in the factory (or the play testers from the internet)”. This is not how company works, this is how economies and systems fails. There is nothing morally wrong in not talking bad about your employer.

Splintermind guy exposed himself saying the codex is good, and if he did it, I’m sure it is because he genuinely believes so. If he believed the opposite, it would have been a lot simpler to just hide behind the NDA saying “you know... I cannot express comment before the codex is out”.

These play testers do not sell themselves as GW employees, in fact they balk at the insinuation. FLG claims to be an independent 3rd party yet write nothing critical of GW in their reviews of their products. It is deception to claim you are an independent entity while on the take from a company. If the Splintermind guys genuinely think it's good then it should be easy for them to find a current GW product they genuinely think is bad and talk about that too to set the record straight that they are, in fact, still independent. Otherwise they should state that they are in fact not independent so we can take everything they say with the appropriate grain of salt.

_________________
Really terrible videos about tiny plastic space elfs intended to help you get gud scrub:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZP8WGIhte5TmCWQXsZO4A

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Munich/Bavaria

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:38

The glass is always half-emptied for you, isn't it?

_________________
When I'm good, I'm very, very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
avatar

Posts : 3198
Join date : 2012-04-15
Location : Stuck in an air vent spying on plotters

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:40

@Zenotaph wrote:
The glass is always half-emptied for you, isn't it?

Welcome to TDC Very Happy

Seriously though, having a (currently) 5 model transport in a box that has an infantry box that makes 10 models is pretty weak. That is ny only criticism until I get more info

_________________

Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 196
Join date : 2012-12-10
Location : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 21:49

@TeenageAngst wrote:
@Gherma wrote:
TeenageAngst, I don’t know how old are you and what is your job, but honestly all this hate towards “people not biting the hands who feed them” is very out of place. There is a difference between being a third part reviewing a product and a part of a working system. If you are working for a company and you produce something bad together, you shouldn’t go around saying “you know it’s bad because of the boss of the company” and the boss shouldn’t go around saying “you know, it’s bad because the workers in the factory (or the play testers from the internet)”. This is not how company works, this is how economies and systems fails. There is nothing morally wrong in not talking bad about your employer.

Splintermind guy exposed himself saying the codex is good, and if he did it, I’m sure it is because he genuinely believes so. If he believed the opposite, it would have been a lot simpler to just hide behind the NDA saying “you know... I cannot express comment before the codex is out”.

These play testers do not sell themselves as GW employees, in fact they balk at the insinuation. FLG claims to be an independent 3rd party yet write nothing critical of GW in their reviews of their products. It is deception to claim you are an independent entity while on the take from a company. If the Splintermind guys genuinely think it's good then it should be easy for them to find a current GW product they genuinely think is bad and talk about that too to set the record straight that they are, in fact, still independent. Otherwise they should state that they are in fact not independent so we can take everything they say with the appropriate grain of salt.

If you are indipendent, and a company pays you for giving them a service, you are still independent legally and factually and it will be wrong, other than not legal, to say otherwise. Anyway, I don’t se why they should come and tell to us who pays them, who they work for or how they live and as well why they should prove us something. It’s literally not our business. And you know what? I don’t think they really care if you believe them or not, so I really don’t see why they should prove you something. When they are giving you a hint, they are actually doing you a favour.

I really hope you are a teenager, because otherwise you should really try to understand that this is a game and there is really no point in spending your life criticizing a company every single day of your life. Work more, play chess, play football, you will probably have better time. It seems to me that for you this hobby is more a pain than a pleasure. On top, it seems that you cannot understand that GW it’s not trying to steal your hobby, it’s you keeping buy a product you don’t actually like.

_________________
CHECK MY MODELS ON MY PROJECT LOG: KABAL OF THE SHADOW GYRINX
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Munich/Bavaria

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:15

@Cavash wrote:
@Zenotaph wrote:
The glass is always half-emptied for you, isn't it?

Welcome to TDC Very Happy

Seriously though, having a (currently) 5 model transport in a box that has an infantry box that makes 10 models is pretty weak. That is ny only criticism until I get more info
I see your point and I will not disagree. Actually, I can't disagree. The Drukhari always where the unloved step children of GW.
I just refuse to think, or hope, they nerv us into complete extinction.

_________________
When I'm good, I'm very, very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1844
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:16

There is a tradition of ranting and complaining in the Dark Eldar society, man. Don't question it, embrace it Wink

_________________
My Kabal
Back to top Go down
ricorongen
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 26
Join date : 2017-05-30
Location : rotterdam

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:23

Very Happy only thing so far i dislike i ( tradition sake ofcourse) is : venon woth a 10 man squad, and the whole 3 different armies in 1 book concept, all else, i hope ot's good, NOT OP OMFG 6-7 ED TAU/ELDAR STRONG but just strong enough to not need thosea OTHER ELDAR codex to be half okay...

_________________
Little kabalite in a big webway
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 196
Join date : 2012-12-10
Location : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:27

@Mppqlmd wrote:
There is a tradition of ranting and complaining in the Dark Eldar society, man. Don't question it, embrace it Wink

Even if I’m a “silent user”, as you can see from my profile, I’m actually one of the “most ancient” users, so I well know that ranting is tradition. It’s a tradition of forums in general really. Still, in the last year, the level of complaint reached a ridiculous level.

_________________
CHECK MY MODELS ON MY PROJECT LOG: KABAL OF THE SHADOW GYRINX
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 416
Join date : 2014-04-22
Location : Munich/Bavaria

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:28

@Mppqlmd wrote:
There is a tradition of ranting and complaining in the Dark Eldar society, man. Don't question it, embrace it Wink
Sorry! Who am I to not embrace tradition? Will do so in the future. Thanks, for enlightening me. Cool

_________________
When I'm good, I'm very, very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2936
Join date : 2015-03-03
Location : Ruhr Metropolian Area

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:37

@Gherma wrote:
@TeenageAngst wrote:
@Gherma wrote:
TeenageAngst, I don’t know how old are you and what is your job, but honestly all this hate towards “people not biting the hands who feed them” is very out of place. There is a difference between being a third part reviewing a product and a part of a working system. If you are working for a company and you produce something bad together, you shouldn’t go around saying “you know it’s bad because of the boss of the company” and the boss shouldn’t go around saying “you know, it’s bad because the workers in the factory (or the play testers from the internet)”. This is not how company works, this is how economies and systems fails. There is nothing morally wrong in not talking bad about your employer.

Splintermind guy exposed himself saying the codex is good, and if he did it, I’m sure it is because he genuinely believes so. If he believed the opposite, it would have been a lot simpler to just hide behind the NDA saying “you know... I cannot express comment before the codex is out”.

These play testers do not sell themselves as GW employees, in fact they balk at the insinuation. FLG claims to be an independent 3rd party yet write nothing critical of GW in their reviews of their products. It is deception to claim you are an independent entity while on the take from a company. If the Splintermind guys genuinely think it's good then it should be easy for them to find a current GW product they genuinely think is bad and talk about that too to set the record straight that they are, in fact, still independent. Otherwise they should state that they are in fact not independent so we can take everything they say with the appropriate grain of salt.

If you are indipendent, and a company pays you for giving them a service, you are still independent legally and factually and it will be wrong, other than not legal, to say otherwise. Anyway, I don’t se why they should come and tell to us who pays them, who they work for or how they live and as well why they should prove us something. It’s literally not our business. And you know what? I don’t think they really care if you believe them or not, so I really don’t see why they should prove you something. When they are giving you a hint, they are actually doing you a favour.

I really hope you are a teenager, because otherwise you should really try to understand that this is a game and there is really no point in spending your life criticizing a company every single day of your life. Work more, play chess, play football, you will probably have better time. It seems to me that for you this hobby is more a pain than a pleasure. On top, it seems that you cannot understand that GW it’s not trying to steal your hobby, it’s you keeping buy a product you don’t actually like.
+1
That´s capitalism for you TeenageAngst: Don´t like it? Don´t buy it.
Back to top Go down
Keast Kannegaard
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:39

@Gherma wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
There is a tradition of ranting and complaining in the Dark Eldar society, man. Don't question it, embrace it Wink

Even if I’m a “silent user”, as you can see from my profile, I’m actually one of the “most ancient” users, so I well know that ranting is tradition. It’s a tradition of forums in general really. Still, in the last year, the level of complaint reached a ridiculous level.

I can only second this. A lot of people stopped going here simply because the salt lvl reached unhealthy levels.

On the Codex topic...

bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce


Last edited by Keast Kannegaard on Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1775
Join date : 2016-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 22:42

The Venom with the 10-man squad is because the Venom hasn't been selling as well as the Raider recently, which considering its armaments isn't really surprising. So much about that kit is weird though, like they could have thrown in Hellions and made it Gangs of Commorragh but better. Instead it's a worse deal than both the previous Start Collecting box AND Gangs of Comorragh. Not that it isn't a deal, just that they already have two much better ones, why do this?

Quote :
I really hope you are a teenager, because otherwise you should really try to understand that this is a game and there is really no point in spending your life criticizing a company every single day of your life. Work more, play chess, play football, you will probably have better time. It seems to me that for you this hobby is more a pain than a pleasure. On top, it seems that you cannot understand that GW it’s not trying to steal your hobby, it’s you keeping buy a product you don’t actually like.

Games Workshop enraptures me like a train wreck. Their business practices are the antithesis of any proper company and people love them regardless. They abuse their consumer base like a AAA video game publisher and people still dump thousands of dollars on their model lines. As an economist it's enthralling.

_________________
Really terrible videos about tiny plastic space elfs intended to help you get gud scrub:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZP8WGIhte5TmCWQXsZO4A

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 95
Join date : 2017-02-12
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:01

I have been on this forum for over a year now. Teenage you are nothing but a wet blanket. The codex has only just been announced.

Why not concentrate on the fact they have said venoms wyches and Reavers have had a big boost? Why not concentrate that we now have a codex?

No instead you attempt to villify the dark cities own podcasters and attempt to hold them to ransom for something they haven't done. They have said the codex is solid and they like it. You have no other info other than your own paranoia, so stop pretending to know what will happen.

I for one am happy we are finally getting a book. I am happy we have had input from people who visited this forum, whether gw listened is another matter.

To the rest I apologise for adding another post that brings down the mood after the news we have all been waiting for!
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2016-12-13
Location : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:02

If GW is clever, they will release a little shaker with the new codex, so we can have something to contain our salt in.

_________________
A Sybarite is never sybawrong...
I have a project log. http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14639-kabal-coven-wych-cult-and-harlequinsyyy
Back to top Go down
Vathek
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 28
Join date : 2017-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:11

This time it'll be different. Theyve changed. It won't be like all the other times. They said Theyve fixed Reavers. Wyches are one if the most improved units in the game. We're blisteringly fas.......wait........this seems familiar.....
Crap.
(Partly joking. Partly not. Hope and doubt mixed evenly. It'll be an interesting week or two.)
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 196
Join date : 2012-12-10
Location : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:14

@TeenageAngst wrote:
The Venom with the 10-man squad is because the Venom hasn't been selling as well as the Raider recently, which considering its armaments isn't really surprising. So much about that kit is weird though, like they could have thrown in Hellions and made it Gangs of Commorragh but better. Instead it's a worse deal than both the previous Start Collecting box AND Gangs of Comorragh. Not that it isn't a deal, just that they already have two much better ones, why do this?

Quote :
I really hope you are a teenager, because otherwise you should really try to understand that this is a game and there is really no point in spending your life criticizing a company every single day of your life. Work more, play chess, play football, you will probably have better time. It seems to me that for you this hobby is more a pain than a pleasure. On top, it seems that you cannot understand that GW it’s not trying to steal your hobby, it’s you keeping buy a product you don’t actually like.

Games Workshop enraptures me like a train wreck. Their business practices are the antithesis of any proper company and people love them regardless. They abuse their consumer base like a AAA video game publisher and people still dump thousands of dollars on their model lines. As an economist it's enthralling.

Sorry teen, but if you really are an economist you should spend your time studying which is their secret to success and not just ranting, shouldn’t you?
I mean, we always depict GW (geedubs) as stupids, but they are one of the biggest and longer lasting model/game companies and their games are somehow the reason of the existence of many other model companies (if GW dies, then raging heroes, anvil miniatures, etc. Will die with them), so as an economist you should be really eager to learn from them.

_________________
CHECK MY MODELS ON MY PROJECT LOG: KABAL OF THE SHADOW GYRINX
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
avatar

Posts : 521
Join date : 2017-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:19

Doubtful they will release anything with the codex in terms of models but I get the feeling we (at least most of us) are going to take any spoilers from this next week and turn it into political weapons to fire at each other, such as this is good and here is why, or it's terrible and you are just kidding yourself. You know ... Just like the proper archon.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Wych
avatar

Posts : 693
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : Ferrara - Emiglia Romagna

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:24

Honestly, I LOVE the idea of three different armies! It's super-temathic, I can't wait for this Codex!
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 196
Join date : 2012-12-10
Location : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:25

@Archon_91 wrote:
Doubtful they will release anything with the codex in terms of models but I get the feeling we (at least most of us) are going to take any spoilers from this next week and turn it into political weapons to fire at each other, such as this is good and here is why, or it's terrible and you are just kidding yourself. You know ... Just like the proper archon.

After all having discussion is probably the major reason why many people (especially ones which are frustrated in real life) use forums.

It seems for some having a fight and looking smart is more interesting than receiving advice or looking at great conversions. XD

_________________
CHECK MY MODELS ON MY PROJECT LOG: KABAL OF THE SHADOW GYRINX
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:37

@TeenageAngst wrote:
The Venom with the 10-man squad is because the Venom hasn't been selling as well as the Raider recently, which considering its armaments isn't really surprising. So much about that kit is weird though, like they could have thrown in Hellions and made it Gangs of Commorragh but better. Instead it's a worse deal than both the previous Start Collecting box AND Gangs of Comorragh. Not that it isn't a deal, just that they already have two much better ones, why do this?

Quote :
I really hope you are a teenager, because otherwise you should really try to understand that this is a game and there is really no point in spending your life criticizing a company every single day of your life. Work more, play chess, play football, you will probably have better time. It seems to me that for you this hobby is more a pain than a pleasure. On top, it seems that you cannot understand that GW it’s not trying to steal your hobby, it’s you keeping buy a product you don’t actually like.

Games Workshop enraptures me like a train wreck. Their business practices are the antithesis of any proper company and people love them regardless. They abuse their consumer base like a AAA video game publisher and people still dump thousands of dollars on their model lines. As an economist it's enthralling.


I'm sorry to say, I agree with just about every sentiment TeenageAngst has demonstrated. I have yet to see a review I trust (when everything is "phenomenal!" something is going to be less 'phenomenal' than the rest.

GW's business model is infuriating. No timetable worth actually following, rules set down by GW that are then not followed as soon as it doesn't fit their end-goal; loosely defining their objectives and twisting the game so that with a snap of their fingers your army has the capability of going for decent to crap (I believe TeenageAngst made mention to GW's inability to do basic math...)

I would advise everyone to play devil's advocate when GW does something that looks like it places the interest of the players first (i.e. great deals on kits)...you can more likely than not trace it back to a surplus of models.

_________________
Kabal of the Killing Moon
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 281
Join date : 2017-06-14
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:38

I am super excited, and will be hitting refresh all day and all night just in case new info gets dropped. This doesn't happen often (I bought the 3rd ed codex on day dot and then Waited a loooooong time for the fifth ed one) so I'm going to enjoy it for all it's worth!

While splitting the army into 3does Give me a lot of trepidation, so far in 8th they've done a good job with the balancing and having multiple tyranid detachments has worked out easily, so I'm very happy to see this play out and pass judgement later

On the FLG thing, I have to agree with teenage. Reeceus' opinion is worthless. And in fact worse than worthless because he is auritor with power in the community and abuses it. For instance with chapter approved he attacked the dark eldar players for pointing out that the changes that were so hyped up were under thought through and clashed with one of our key weapons.
He attacked us. One of the other guys on the show started to say something about us having and point and he talked him down very quickly.

Now before you say "we'll just don't listen to it then". I don't any more, but because other people do I still get bombarded with his opinions, so it isn't like I have a choice.

Whether other reviewers of gw product are like this I cant say, and I don't feel our splinter mind guys will be, but FLG, I shake my head.
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 254
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:40

@Gherma wrote:
It seems for some having a fight and looking smart is more interesting than receiving advice or looking at great conversions. XD

I feel this comment is on par with "You should be happy that you're getting something at all!"

This is a for-profit organization. I am a customer, and quite frankly at this point I'm wondering if I'm a masochist too given the level of abuse GW as doled out over the years.

I have a right to expect better and push for such. As the consumer base, it would behoove GW to listen.

_________________
Kabal of the Killing Moon
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 142
Join date : 2017-06-28
Location : Lincolnshire

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:42

@Cerve wrote:
Honestly, I LOVE the idea of three different armies! It's super-thematic, I can't wait for this Codex!

Right? I love the idea of a trifecta of evil gangs coming together for a raid and somehow divvying up the spoils! I'm actually quite excited.

_________________
Traverse the Webway with us! https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 165
Join date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   Sun Mar 25 2018, 23:52

@PartZebra wrote:
@Cerve wrote:
Honestly, I LOVE the idea of three different armies! It's super-thematic, I can't wait for this Codex!

Right? I love the idea of a trifecta of evil gangs coming together for a raid and somehow divvying up the spoils! I'm actually quite excited.

I am too!! My reavers can't wait to start playing again Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!   

Back to top Go down
 
Preorders for our Codex and new Start Collecting box next week!
Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: