HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Night fighting ideas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Night fighting ideas   Thu Mar 15 2018, 04:46

How should GW handle Night Fighting in the new codex?

Here is my idea:

Night raid (3 CP): use at the start of the game. All non Dark Eldar are at -1 to hit with shooting attacks against targets more than 12" away, and are at -1 leadership. At the end of each game turn, spend 1 CP to maintain this strategem. The effects end when the DE player fails to pay the upkeep.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Thu Mar 15 2018, 09:24

In the lore there is supposed to be some kind of Darkness Device. Would be baller if we got that as a fortification. Making it Night Fighting until it's destroyed. But dreams aside, sounds like a neat thing. If we don't get a -1 to hit outside 12" I feel like it could be cheaper. Like 2 first then 1 per turn. If we get that Kabal Rule it sounds nice!
Vemons at -3 to hir outside 12" might be a bit too much when I come to thinking of it. But I mean, I still want it.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Thu Mar 15 2018, 09:39

@Von Snabel wrote:
In the lore there is supposed to be some kind of Darkness Device. Would be baller if we got that as a fortification. Making it Night Fighting until it's destroyed.  But dreams aside, sounds like a neat thing. If we don't get a -1 to hit outside 12" I feel like it could be cheaper. Like 2 first then 1 per turn. If we get that Kabal Rule it sounds nice!
Vemons at -3 to hir outside 12" might be a bit too much when I come to thinking of it. But I mean, I still want it.

I kinda wanted this to be instead of a -1 to hit Kabal. After all, ANY kabal can raid at night. Or Coven. Or Cult.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Thu Mar 15 2018, 09:52

Yeah, now that you say it that way it that make alot more sence than a Kabal specific rule. I forfeit all my objections then.
EDIT: Still think that fortification would be swell
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Thu Mar 15 2018, 09:58

@Von Snabel wrote:
Yeah, now that you say it that way it that make alot more sence than a Kabal specific rule. I forfeit all my objections then.
EDIT: Still think that fortification would be swell

Either a fortification or a cabal specific strategem:

Steal Sun: 6 CP. can only be activated during the morale phase on a turn where Night Raid is not active, at least turn 3. All enemy units must immediately make a leadership check at -4. For the remainder of the game the Night raid rules are in effect with no upkeep and a leadership penalty of -2 instead of -1.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Thu Mar 15 2018, 10:15

Yeah, it's the Kabal of the Dying Sun that should have that BTW. Being too much into sunsets.

I do like it, but that feels much more like a Narrative Gimmicky Strategem. Could fit in a Campain Book if we're ever featured in one. Either that or Steal Sun and another more general strat. 6 Cp is probably >50% of what we have, and DS 2 units and you're most likely not gonna have any more.

Since they're splitting us up in 3 factions. How will that work with specific Kabal/coven/Cult strategems ? Will we allways get 3 specific Strats aslong as we have 1 Kabal, 1 Cult and and Coven unit ?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Thu Mar 15 2018, 13:51

Here would be how i'd do it :

Night fighting (3) : This stratagem may be activated in the deployment phase, or at the beginning of a Dark Eldar turn that follows a turn affected by Night Fighting. This effect lasts a full turn (2 player turns). Every non Dark Eldar unit on the board is affected. Every range is halved during a Night fighting turn. This affects Auras abilities, weapons ranges, psychic powers. It does not affect movements.

More expensive (you pay 3 per turn, so it would be hard to maintain it for long, and thus hard to abuse), but it could guarantee a safe first turn, and it would have an impact on synergy armies, because it would be harder to keep everyone within range of Auras.
Also, it would be a good counter to smite spam.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Thu Mar 15 2018, 18:25

I'm 105% sure that we get one Night vision Stratagem for 2cp for the one mission with night fighting just to screw with us
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Sat Mar 24 2018, 01:36

A "Perpetual Shroud" fortification would actually be such a cool addition to the army. Have it be a shackled webway portal that allows non deepstrike units to go in reserve but they can only come through that portal (like the Monolith/Night Scythe for Necrons) and it provides a field wide buff until it's destroyed.

But in reality it's going to be some stupid strat like "Night Raid: 3cp pick a <Kabal> unit, that unit is -1 to hit until the end of phase." just to add insult to injury.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   Sun Mar 25 2018, 20:46

I like the half range idea, but that seems a bit too powerful since half range across the board is huge. Maybe something like a 25% range reduction would be more balanced.

PostSubject: Re: Night fighting ideas   

Back to top Go down

Night fighting ideas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: