HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Tue Mar 13 2018, 18:53

My local store offered -15 bucks on every (big) box in an event.

Bought 2 start collecting at 50 bucks, and 2 Gangs of Commoragh at 30ish. Worth.

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Tue Mar 13 2018, 19:45

Yeah, my local has club fee's for a 24/7 code and a "large" discount.

So it was basically free Hellions, was nice. Sadly IDk what i'm going to do with 27 Reavers if they stay 30pts+............

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Ming the Merciless
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Tue Mar 13 2018, 19:56

You could always use them to play Gangs of Commoragh lol!
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Tue Mar 13 2018, 20:23

@amishprn86 wrote:

So it was basically free Hellions, was nice. Sadly IDk what i'm going to do with 27 Reavers if they stay 30pts+............

I've seen someone who used them and helion parts to mod dark eldar ship for battlefleet gothic
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Tue Mar 13 2018, 22:20

@dumpeal wrote:
@amishprn86 wrote:

I've seen someone who used them and helion parts to mod dark eldar ship for battlefleet gothic

Not a bad idea.

Edit: But i have 10 ish of the old 3rd ed ones, i am converting 9 of them into a new cooler reaver Smile

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
lbuizen
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Mon Mar 26 2018, 01:21

Hi everyone. I'm just finalising this thread as the new start collecting box has just been released (see the link at the bottom of the post). It includes:
12 wyches
1 Succubus
3 reaver jetbikes
1 Venom

There is also a sentence that says this box includes the models that have been greatly improved in the 8e codex.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/03/25/from-the-dark-city-they-come/
Back to top Go down
Keast Kannegaard
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Mon Mar 26 2018, 01:27

Its only 10 wyches Smile
But i do like the new SC and might get 1 box at some point, tho i had hoped for something else than Reavers. Think everyone atm got 20+ reavers Razz
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Mon Mar 26 2018, 01:30

@Keast Kannegaard wrote:
Its only 10 wyches Smile
But i do like the new SC and might get 1 box at some point, tho i had hoped for something else than Reavers. Think everyone atm got 20+ reavers Razz

I would have loved Hellions since I already have like 21 Reavers but only 15 Hellions.
Back to top Go down
Malifik
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Mon Mar 26 2018, 01:33

Back to top Go down
feti guap
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 02:43

@lbuizen wrote:

There is also a sentence that says this box includes the models that have been greatly improved in the 8e codex.

Do I see a blaster on that jetbike??? cheers ANNNDD is that a TL splinter-rifle???

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 03:43

Are those new skimmer bases too? Or is that just for the camera?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 04:40

@feti guap wrote:
@lbuizen wrote:

Do I see a blaster on that jetbike??? cheers ANNNDD is that a TL splinter-rifle???

Reavers can already take a blaster, 1 per 3 bikes. And Venoms come with the underslung twin splinter rifle standard, but they are typically upgraded to the second splinter cannon. Been that way since they were introduced in 5e. Sorry to burst your bubble, but unfortunately nothing new there.
Back to top Go down
DOGGED
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 17:00

It's excellent news for me because now I can expand my Cult units (beyond those from GoC) with the new Start Collecting box.

Now if only they made another Start Collecting for Covens with a Haemonculus,10 Wracks and 2 Talos kits it would be awesome...

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 17:06

That would really be sweet, perfect way to set up a nice little coven patrol detachment for those of us who don't have any coven units. Unfortunate that we'll likely only get the one box though.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 17:33

@Lord Asvaldir wrote:
That would really be sweet, perfect way to set up a nice little coven patrol detachment for those of us who don't have any coven units. Unfortunate that we'll likely only get the one box though.

Yes. Coven is very expensive to buy, i'd like to see simply a Haemy+10 wracks (or 10 wracks + 3 grots, or anything really).

Wych

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 17:41

I don't see why wracks are twice the price of kabalite warriors/wyches. Warriors/wyches are actually quite reasonably priced given what prices are for the newer models these days, but wracks are a tad much considering they are just troops. O well, suppose we'll just have to fork out the ash for 10 wracks, a heamonculus and maybe a talos to get a nice little coven patrol into our post-codex lists.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 17:49

I have high hopes for tomorrow. I have tons of wyches, reavers and hellions (not to mention birdies) waiting to be played !

So I might pass for Coven at first.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Wed Mar 28 2018, 22:13

edit: ignore me Smile

Slave

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   Thu Mar 29 2018, 02:49

@Ubernoob1 wrote:
@feti guap wrote:
@lbuizen wrote:

Reavers can already take a blaster, 1 per 3 bikes. And Venoms come with the underslung twin splinter rifle standard, but they are typically upgraded to the second splinter cannon. Been that way since they were introduced in 5e. Sorry to burst your bubble, but unfortunately nothing new there.

"Greatly Improved" I was quoting this in the hope that they are hinting at the fact that Splinter Rifles and Blasters have been "Greatly Improved."

PostSubject: Re: New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?   

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar start collecting box on the horizon?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: