HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainCarrots
Slave
CaptainCarrots

Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event Empty
PostSubject: Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event   Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 23:39

Hi folks! I'm thinking about putting together a list for a local event. It's narrative, so I'm bringing my pre-codex Dark Eldar--but it's also a tournament, so I want to bring something optimized given the event restrictions.

Those restrictions are:
- 1250 points, battleforged
- army must consist of either a single patrol or battalion detachment
- warlord must be an unnamed HQ
- army can contain only one of each unit EXCLUDING troops and transports
- no units with the "titantic" keyword

My first impulse is to start off with:

HQ
Haemonculus, electrocorrosive whip, Parasite's kiss, Hatred Eternal (warlord)

TROOPS
3x 5 Kabalite warriors (1 w/ blaster), in a basic venom

What do you all think?

And what else might you include?
(1) Dark Lance spam? (e.g., 1 ravager, 1 razorwing, 1 unit of 5 scourges w/ 4 dark lance, 1 unit of blasterborn)
(2) Webway shenanigans? (e.g., 5-10 mandrakes; 10 deep-striking Incubi, 20 Wyches)
(3) Coven units for T5+ spam? (e.g., wracks, grots)
(4) Other strong units? (e.g., voidraven, big unit of sslyth?)

Give me your creativity! Theorycrafting welcome!
Back to top Go down
Kelevra711
Slave
Kelevra711

PostSubject: Re: Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event   Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2018, 17:43

I would be tempted to add an archon in to make it a Battalion for the extra CP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't hatred eternal only available to Archons? Definitely take a razorwing jetfighter, some dark lance scourges and a ravager, and I like the idea of 10 Incubi webwaying in on turn 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event   Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2018, 05:46

@Kelevra711 I believe it is available to all Drukhari warlords, however, Blood Dancer is specific to Wych Cults and Master Regenesist is specific to covens.

@CaptainCarrots take an Archon with a Power sword or Agoniser. They're less than 60 points with that kit and the extra 3 command points you get from making it into a battalion are worth the cost alone. Have him back up your Haemonculus.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event   Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice for 1250pt highlander list for local event
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: