HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoserMcBogus
Slave

PostSubject: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Wed Feb 28 2018, 13:16

So after much nerdish hand-wringing, I finally gave in to the temptations of the Dark Eldar.
Here are the beginnings of my collection/army. It's going to be more pure Dark Eldar in the future, but I couldn't resist grabbing some of the made to order stuff too.
Might add some wraith constructs.
And some harlies too.

I'm aiming for a kind of nautical theme, inspired mainly by Moby Dick and Rime of the Ancient Mariner (though I was reading Frankenstein and Heart of Darkness when I had the idea... go figure) so for sure I'll get lots of raiders.
Other than that, mostly Kabalites, a few wytches and then an Archon. With a Harpoon and an Ivory leg. A razorwing around his neck might be a bit tricky, so I'm figuring it out. I think the punished-with-immortality thing works really well with Dark Eldar, as, to an extent, does the mutually-destructive quest for revenge.
I'm keeping the pallet a little limited for now - the brass you see on the Kabalite's knife is actually going to be abandoned, but I'm planning on adding more purple in future, and painting bare skin a kind of rich tan. Might add some variation in hair colour too, though nothing too extreme.

Thanks for looking! Thoughts and advice are always appreciated!

Back to top Go down
PoserMcBogus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Wed Feb 28 2018, 13:25

Just a note: what do you think of the mock-up of Illic Nightspear's base?
Back to top Go down
Lord Xelian
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Fri Mar 02 2018, 19:53

@PoserMcBogus wrote:
Just a note: what do you think of the mock-up of Illic Nightspear's base?
it's amazing, and i like all the miniatures. good job!
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Sat Mar 03 2018, 06:21

This is really cool Smile

As a suggestion, you could try to get this guy. He's a Dark Elf, but can easily pass for Drukhari, and it's probably not too difficult to put a gun on him:

Also, the rider in this chariot has a pirate-y look to him and carries a massive harpoon.

I probably have a spare one, if you'd like him Smile
Back to top Go down
PoserMcBogus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Sat Mar 03 2018, 10:33

Ooh, gotta say I'd be interested in that offer... only problem is that I'm in South Korea right now, and will be for another 6 months.

The dark elf was actually what made me think of the nautical theme. I might get him at some point, but probably to butcher him for parts.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I'll keep you all updated as I progress!
Back to top Go down
PoserMcBogus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Sun Mar 11 2018, 15:41

So I've finished my first test for a skin tone - C+C would be very appreciated!

I'm trying to channel a kind of '90s Record of Lodoss War Japanese anime 'very literal Dark' Dark Elves thing, which I think was a bit inspired by the 'Gyaru/ギャル' fashion trend of about the same time.
Whilst it really comes out of me being a massive nerd, and also not wanting to paint pale skin with pale armor I think it kind of fits the sailor thing. Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink and all that.

It's a bit of a damocles sword if I'm honest - a rich dark gold tan, but looking like it's on an originally pale-skinned person.
(https://imgur.com/a/zNIhb Here are some examples so you know what I'm rambling about. Slightly NSFW but no nudes mods pls no ban)

As ever, thanks for looking! C+C always appreciated, I hope you like my ramblings and my minis even more!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   

Back to top Go down

Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: