HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dwarfepic
Slave
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-01-14

PostSubject: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Fri Feb 23 2018, 19:35

Basically change the damage on dark Lance's from d6 to 2d3. This stops only getting one damage and not one shotting a terminator or some other two wound model. Also may help take a vechicle down a wounds teir. Just my thoughts on something that would not be game breaking but a nice way to differentiate us from other Lance's and generic weapons.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Fri Feb 23 2018, 23:57

I personally think that Darklight weapons, which are infamous for burning retinas out of those who look at the blast unprotected, should have a debuff effect on the target unit. -1 to hit for one turn, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1844
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Sat Feb 24 2018, 12:18

Back in the end of 7th, there was a rumour that every darklight weapon would gain "Blind", and that Dark Eldar units would have a special rule that would give Shred against blinded units.

_________________
My Kabal
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 182
Join date : 2017-01-12
Location : Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Sat Feb 24 2018, 12:31

ohh, I like that one. Like some sort of offensive markerlight almost ? I'd like that, alot.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Sat Feb 24 2018, 12:51

@Mppqlmd wrote:
Back in the end of 7th, there was a rumour that every darklight weapon would gain "Blind", and that Dark Eldar units would have a special rule that would give Shred against blinded units.
I remember a lot of wishlisting for Blind but no rumours. Never did understand why, Blind dropped your opponent to I1 and on an army that was almost universally I5/6 we were faster than most of our opponents to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 182
Join date : 2017-01-12
Location : Stockholm

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Sat Feb 24 2018, 13:11

Would have been nice for Incubi from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 366
Join date : 2012-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Sun Feb 25 2018, 17:05

Dark lances don't need to change. They are a fantastic weapon already.

Soooo many more things in our army needs a buff!! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Dwarfepic
Slave
avatar

Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Sun Feb 25 2018, 19:38

@Silverglade true that. Just some fun ideas for dark Lance's though...
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
avatar

Posts : 610
Join date : 2014-08-22
Location : Private subrealm of the Eldritch Skies Kabal.

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Sun Feb 25 2018, 20:47

I think the randomness is just something that has to be accepted and/or embraced about this game. It's part of Warhammer's identity and Dark Lances really have no excuse for having 2D3 damage (which I see as a clear buff due to consistency and statistics).

Most of all, if our codex writers would give our Lances 2D3 damage, you can bet that all other codices will change their profile of their main AT to 2D3 as well.

Much more, I'm hoping for useful Heat Lances and Haywire Blasters.

_________________
Discontinued: Dark Eldar 7th Codex Redux
A pragmatic custom codex for pragmatic realspace raiders.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
avatar

Posts : 613
Join date : 2012-11-14
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Feb 26 2018, 00:19

What exactly is Darklight again? Is it compressed energy stolen from a sun or am I thinking of a different weapon/story?

_________________
Want to chat in real time with your fellow archons? Join our Discord channel -> https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Feb 26 2018, 00:24

@Barrywise wrote:
What exactly is Darklight again? Is it compressed energy stolen from a sun or am I thinking of a different weapon/story?

That's Disintegrators.
Darklight is beams of Dark Matter.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
avatar

Posts : 613
Join date : 2012-11-14
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Feb 26 2018, 00:24

Ah, that's right. Thank you.

_________________
Want to chat in real time with your fellow archons? Join our Discord channel -> https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Feb 26 2018, 00:39

One would think that Disintegrators would be stronger. Maybe as strong as low tier plasma weapons. But no.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1844
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Feb 26 2018, 09:45

@Imateria wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
Back in the end of 7th, there was a rumour that every darklight weapon would gain "Blind", and that Dark Eldar units would have a special rule that would give Shred against blinded units.
I remember a lot of wishlisting for Blind but no rumours. Never did understand why, Blind dropped your opponent to I1 and on an army that was almost universally I5/6 we were faster than most of our opponents to begin with.  

Wasn't that "Concussive" ? Blind was debuffing BS, i think.

+, that modification was meant to work with the special rule "Shred against blinded enemies". You know, to create synergy within the army.

_________________
My Kabal
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1392
Join date : 2015-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Feb 26 2018, 12:23

@Mppqlmd wrote:
@Imateria wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
Back in the end of 7th, there was a rumour that every darklight weapon would gain "Blind", and that Dark Eldar units would have a special rule that would give Shred against blinded units.
I remember a lot of wishlisting for Blind but no rumours. Never did understand why, Blind dropped your opponent to I1 and on an army that was almost universally I5/6 we were faster than most of our opponents to begin with.  

Wasn't that "Concussive" ? Blind was debuffing BS, i think.

+, that modification was meant to work with the special rule "Shred against blinded enemies". You know, to create synergy within the army.

Blind was WS 1 BS 1.

Synergy in a Dark Eldar Army? We're edgy, so we had Anti-Synergy! Someone wrote a compelling argument about it!
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2016-01-12
Location : Utah

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Feb 26 2018, 16:44

I thought that there was a rumor about the blind effect form DL weaponry and not just wishlisting. I mean the rumor also said Hellions could H&R at initiative, and they can do that now, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Mar 12 2018, 03:15

Check this out from the IA - Xenos in 8th, off the CW Phoenix bomber:

Nightfiremissile array 48" Heavy 2D6 4 -1 1
If a unit suffers any unsaved wounds from this weapon,
your opponent must subtract 1 from their hit rolls until
the end of the turn.

Sounds like perfect Darklight material to me Wink
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Mppqlmd
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1844
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Mar 12 2018, 09:59

Sounds like a perfect Haywire blaster material for me Smile

_________________
My Kabal
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
avatar

Posts : 508
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Mar 12 2018, 12:06

Sounds like neither of you have tried playing with it, it's crap.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1844
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Mar 12 2018, 14:16

@Imateria wrote:
Sounds like neither of you have tried playing with it, it's crap.

Noone said it was good.

"Material" means that this type of rule could be used to forge a new Darklance/HWB profile.

_________________
My Kabal
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2914
Join date : 2015-03-03
Location : Ruhr Metropolian Area

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Mon Mar 12 2018, 17:50

That rule on all dark light weapons would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Wych
avatar

Posts : 780
Join date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   Tue Mar 13 2018, 03:01

@Imateria wrote:
Sounds like neither of you have tried playing with it, it's crap.

Why is it crap? It's definitely within character.
Back to top Go down
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances   

Back to top Go down
 
Small (but great) buff idea for dark lances
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: