Share | 

Want cronos advice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedRegicide
Wych

PostSubject: Want cronos advice   Thu Feb 22 2018, 09:11

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19585202/29]

This is my cronos. As it stands, I’m going for a gluttony look from FMA, mixed with a mosquito/fly

Can you tell it’s supposed to be a cronos? Is it too busy?

Usually I’m happy with my conversions, this one I’m a little torn on. Was considering ordering another carapace to replace the vargheist back with

Thoughts?

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   Thu Feb 22 2018, 12:19

To me it looks quite busy and does not really scream cronos to me. I think a large part of that might be that I truly see the cronos as floating.
And I must admid I do not really like the cronos model so I am probably not the best one to comment on it. My advise would be the same to you as to GW try and make it more like it will disect you instead of a tentacled mass with weapons on his back.

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   Thu Feb 22 2018, 18:25

With that number of tentacles, I thought it had to be a pain engine. The lack of the weapons for a Talos means it should be fairly clear what it is.

Cronos is normally a much more mechanical creation, and this one look more like a beefed up Grotesque. The concept is fairly neat, but perhaps a little more plate or artificial material might tie it to a pain engine slightly more.

Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   Thu Feb 22 2018, 19:03

Okay, that’s good advice. Mechanical, no legs, and more dissection tools. I’ll have to rip this guy apart, but can probably make anclawed fiend or another grot from it.

Thanks guys!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   Thu Feb 22 2018, 22:44

It's not very bulky, is it? For me at least, bulk is one of the defining features of the pain engine. We can obviously recognize it as a cronos because of the bits used, but if I wasn't familiar with the kit I would assume that it's a chaos spawn. It looks like a very aggressive tentacled beast, which isn't really what a cronos is. I'd recommend more armour/mechanical bits and calmer/more passive posing.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   Thu Feb 22 2018, 23:29

To me, personally, the Kabalite arms and Kabalite size Talos side-arms look a bit tiny as main arms on such a large model.
Maybe replace the upper pair with, or just add, a larger set of arms?

RedRegicide
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   Fri Feb 23 2018, 11:44

I think I’m going to opt for full Bitz transplant. Tear it apart and make a grot/fiend and build an new cronos

I still want a converted cronos, probably not floating because to me if it doesn’t have fly keyword I want it to be on the ground.

Any suggestions? I’ve seen some cool snake cronos online.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   Fri Feb 23 2018, 12:14

I like kit-bashed stuff. If you brought that against me and called it a Chronos I'd be fine. Personally, I'd play that more as a Clawed Fiend. Chronos, to me, look more "empty mechanical husk automaton" and this looks more like "demonic soul eater".

I dig your model a lot. Wish I had one just like it. Wink
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   Sat Feb 24 2018, 13:52

Thanks nerd elemental! Hopefully I can salvage a pretty good looking fiend once I reclaim those cronos bits. But you guys are right, it just doesn’t feel right and I think that’s what was bugging me

PostSubject: Re: Want cronos advice   

Back to top Go down

Want cronos advice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: