HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kihrezae Morvishk
Slave

PostSubject: How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?   Wed Feb 21 2018, 22:49

Hello.

Does anyone know how one might sculpt dripping liquid from green stuff? Stuff like blood, poison, nurglish slime or just plain water droplets?
I've only just gotten into the hobby, and converting minis using green stuff and other bits is one of my main interests.
If anyone could provide some insight into this, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?   Thu Feb 22 2018, 06:42

I am not a good sculpter (but do like to sculpt a bit) so take my advise with a bit of salt.

1) make a ball. Push slightly on one side so it gets slightly flatter so you get a slightly pear shaped form. Then when you want to attach it smear out the thinner side to help attach it and make it even more tear shaped.

2) attach a small piece to the model where you want the dripping liqued to be, then put a small drop of glue if your glue has the right consistency it will form a drop. Depending on the consistency and surface tension of the glue and the size of the small piece you added as the drop center you can have quite large or slightly smaller drops. (In all cases the drops are huge compared to what a drop would be when downsized to miniature scale, but when compaired to old models like skaven eshin poison weapons etc the drops will be similar in size.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?   Sun Feb 25 2018, 21:24

Pin a small piece of metal (clip bpard cut) and let 1-3mm out.
Pour green stuff on it as you desire.

Will be less fragile Wink

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?   

Back to top Go down

How does one sculpt things like dripping liquid from green stuff?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: