Share | 

Unexpected MVP's

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ikol
Wych

PostSubject: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 16:14

So I had a game today in which my Wyches were actually worthwhile.

Specifically, they tied up three Dreadnaughts in close combat for three turns whilst a nearby Shadowseer spammed Mirror of Minds and Smite into their undead-zombie-crypt-walking-tank-shells.

This is somewhat countered by the fact that the 53 point unit of 5 Wyches with +1 Attack, an Agoniser and Hydra Gauntlets managed to deal a whopping one wound after six rounds of combat.

In the same game, my Agoniser and Parasite's Kiss bearing Archon chewed through nearly thrice his points worth of Devastator Marines and Bikes.

Does anyone else have similarly tall tales?

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 16:34

I've had a very satisfying moment where my wytches showed up from a wwp, charged in and absolutely butchered some grey slayers. Of course they got murdered once they faced a wolf lord with some backup, but it was very nice to see wytches tear apart some marines even it was just tacticals with chainswords.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 17:06

7th edition, I was playing against Necrons, and I charged a unit of 10 bloodbrides into a unit of their snake looking models, not sure of the name. I had around 41 attacks and hit with 36 of them. Then rolled incredibly well, wounding with 25 of those. They whiffed their armor saves and the bloodbrides were victorious!

8th edition, I had an Archon with court of 2 sslyths, 1 medusae, 1 lhamean. After tanking a bunch of wounds, the archon made it into CC with the necron dude that if he rolls a certain number goes super powerful. The archon (with Husk Blade) hit with all of his attacks, and wounded on 3 of them. The necron rolled 3 1's for saves. I then rolled 3 5-6's and slaughtered him. Very satisfying!
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 17:47

7 Kabalite Warriors killed St Celestine in close combat for me on Sunday. Admitedly she only had 2 wounds left and had died once already, but still Kabalite Warriors.

5 Hellions with +1A have killed a Dreadnaught in combat for me before as well, the D2 comes in handy in that kind of situation.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 18:06

Yea, that is actually what I use my Wyches for if I cant send them against something chewy. They are amazing against dreadnoughts, monsters, tanks, Devastators, etc. I rarely leave without them.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 18:12

Quote :
5 Hellions with +1A have killed a Dreadnaught in combat for me before as well, the D2 comes in handy in that kind of situation.

Played a game with 2*5 Hellions against Necrons. I squad died immediatly, the other one made it to combat against the bikes (tomb blades ?) and butchered them. Pretty satisfying.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 18:54

Just after 8th was released I had a game against Dark Angels player where I had a hekatrix kill and assault bike, a land speeder and a storm Raven with her Phantasm grenade launcher be the last survivor of her squad and "dodge" (made an ungodly amount of fnp against plasma shots) two rounds of plasma shooting she finally "died" after charging the bikers and getting kicked in the shin ... She has since left the wych cult ... Become an Archon ... and walks into battle with a Phantasm grenade launcher and kills one model a game with the shooting profile of it.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 20:07

@Sarkesian wrote:
snake looking models,

Wraiths?

@Sarkesian wrote:
the necron dude that if he rolls a certain number goes super powerful.

Orikan the Diviner I believe.

I have two friends who recently joined 40k. one picked Necrons, the other Tyranids. I've been trying to learn the units names so I can actually talk to them about their armies. Razz

For me, Back in 7th. Using my first squad ever painted of Kabalites. The squad leader was painted all gold to differentiate him from the rest of the squad, and because I used the arm from the Raider for the wheel/handle that the arm holds onto, so that he's got a handle right above his crotch. Either way, Golden Boy was the only survivor of a rather horrific shooting phase from some Tzeentch daemons losing the other 9 men in his squad. He then proceeded to go to ground while holding onto an important objective, shrugging off 3 more flamers, denying the witch on a psychic scream and somehow surviving a charge of 10 pink horrors. Managed to do 1 wound back and catch all of them in the initiative step. He then took a pot shot at Be'lakor, 6 to hit, 6 to wound, 2 on the armor save and he failed his flying check, grounding him to stop him from flying. Was a good day. I still got tabled since it was only my 2nd game. All in good fun.

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 20:26

@Imateria wrote:
7 Kabalite Warriors killed St Celestine in close combat for me on Sunday. Admitedly she only had 2 wounds left and had died once already, but still Kabalite Warriors.

Did they not have Gemini?

Clawed Fiends always do wonders for me, killed a 5man Incep Primaris Squad and help off what my local calls Smash F{bbep}er (Captain with Thunder hammer, storm Shield and either Bike or Jetback) for a turn (he sent him to them to deal with instead of the rest of my army, he can kill a Flyer in 1 melee easily).

If he didnt send him MVP to deal with them i would have killed all him Primaris marines lol

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 21:12

@Barrywise wrote:
@Sarkesian wrote:
snake looking models,

Wraiths?

@Sarkesian wrote:
 the necron dude that if he rolls a certain number goes super powerful.

Orikan the Diviner I believe.

I have two friends who recently joined 40k. one picked Necrons, the other Tyranids. I've been trying to learn the units names so I can actually talk to them about their armies. Razz

Yes! Thanks! I try to learn them too, but rarely do I get to play against Necrons. Those were the only 2 times actually.

My GOAT MVP is my Solitaire though. He has killed more models and survived more games than anything else I have. Hellblasters on a top story building? Solitaire don't care. 2 units of primaris side by side? Charge with bikes to soak up overwatch, then dual charge the Solitaire in blitz mode and wreck face.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 22:13

If we are talking all Aeldari, well then yes my Solitaire is mine too lol. My local runs away from him hahaha.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 22:26

In the last tournament that i went, just 2 or 3 weeks ago, one of my venon was charged by a doped Mephiston. It was able to make him 2 wound on overwatch and 3 mortal wound when exploded xDDDD
Back to top Go down
Keast Kannegaard
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 22:41

Venoms only deal 1 MW on explosion?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Tue Feb 06 2018, 23:51

Played a game not to long ago with an archon, having to make 10 saves. Naturally, he fails his shadowfield on the first roll, but makes his FnP. Then he makes another..and another..and another look. He managed to walk out of that without taking a single wound.

Another favorite of mine was a game that was coming down to the wire. As in, both my opponent and I had a single unit left. Mine, a squad of Scourges that had somehow survived unscathed in an ignored corner, and him, a unit of eight Purestrain Genestealers about 20" away. My shooting vaporized two of them, and another in overwatch as they inevitably charged.
Then, they wiffed. Two attacks managed to hit, only one of which wounded, which was subsequently saved. Then, somehow, presumably by the grace of some diety or another, the Scourges hit back with a vengeance, managing to kill three of the remaining Purestrains. Next turn, I fell back zapped the remainung two, and won.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Wed Feb 07 2018, 00:39

during a game a few years ago (prolly 5th edition?) I had a single kabalite warrior kill mephiston. Mephiston had only one wound of course, but he charged a 5 man squad of warriors. killed 4 of them. I hit, wounded, he failed his save, failed his FNP, and went down. was great
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Wed Feb 07 2018, 06:00

7 Hellions, first or second game of 8th.
First finished of a hive tyrant with shooting only to finish of a unit genestealers and broodlord (with some help of wyches and reavers) and scored me the winning point in the last turn by claiming an objective.
After that they never survived another match...
Back to top Go down
Rodi Sikni
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Wed Feb 07 2018, 13:42

@Keast Kannegaard wrote:
Venoms only deal 1 MW on explosion?

OMG, you're right! I thought that all vehicles has the same rule to explosion >.< Poor Mephiston xD
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Sun Feb 11 2018, 23:19

One of my venoms tanked an ungodly amount of firepower from immolators, heavy bolters, a weird quad barrage gun and in another game charged 6 dakka bots and locked them in combat for two battle rounds.  I think that venom pilot is going to be promoted to a razorwing pilot (or a voidraven when i get one)

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Mon Feb 12 2018, 09:11

Had another game today, my immortal Dracon (who has literally never been slain) killed a squad of 20 Khorne Berserkers over the course of the game.  Repeated combats, charging and falling back on both sides, Overwatch and regular shooting for a sum of:

3 Berserker's Killed via Blast Pistol during the Shooting Phase.

2 Berserker's Killed via Blast Pistol during Overwatch.

8 Berserker's Killed via Agoniser during my Fight phases.

7 Berserker's Killed via Agoniser during my opponent's Fight phases.

The rest of the squad took down two Obliterators before being stomped in by the angry marines and didn't contribute much to the combat.

The Dracon then preceded to contest an objective previously held by Skarbrand (no combat there) and win me the game.

His other feats include staring down a Baneblade, Rhino and two Landraiders and convincing them to blow each other up (scattering Blast Markers).  Shooting up and soloing Kyros Fateweaver in a 9" charge out of Webway Assault.  Surviving a unit of Flayed One's for three turns and other ridiculous things that shouldn't happen.

I swear I'm going to paint him properly one of these days.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Mon Feb 12 2018, 09:16

I love my Dracons, i also give them PGL, Agoniser, Blast Pistol lol.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Mon Feb 12 2018, 09:38

@amishprn86 wrote:
I love my Dracons, i also give them PGL, Agoniser, Blast Pistol lol.

Honestly, I consider my Dracons a hindrance most of the time as they're two less blasters in my gunboats. Good to see them kicking ass like they should.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Mon Feb 12 2018, 09:56

I'm hyper aggressive, i move my army up and shoot + Melee, thats why i hate DE right now, they cant play that way very well and why i'm playing harlequins atm mostly.

I used to play like 30 Reavers, CTC formation, 4-5 Venoms oh Kabals and a few Ravagers, it was highly fun.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Mon Feb 12 2018, 10:06

@amishprn86 wrote:
I'm hyper aggressive, i move my army up and shoot + Melee, thats why i hate DE right now, they cant play that way very well and why i'm playing harlequins atm mostly.

I used to play like 30 Reavers, CTC formation, 4-5 Venoms oh Kabals and a few Ravagers, it was highly fun.

I feel you. I got into DE to fly 6 raiders full of wyches into my enemy's face while my air support took care of anything that might disrupt the fun.

Suffice to say, my wych cult hasn't been getting much exercise of late.
Back to top Go down
The Red Magician
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Mon Feb 12 2018, 10:20

Had a nice game versus necrons not too long ago. A raider filled with 10 bloodbrides who themselves were filled with bonus attack drugs... needless to say I brought down a lot of angry praetorians with little trouble. Love them wyches.

Also, Check out my podcast about the Tarot!
The S&M Podcast
Back to top Go down
http://www.sorcerermagician.wordpress.com
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   Mon Feb 12 2018, 20:35

I played a game last week of about 50 power of wych cult stuff (and a single cronos) vs craftworld eldar. We were playing the open war cards and my opponent let me use a ruse card (bonuses given to a player with less power than the other) to try to make up for codex vs non-codex. These are kept hidden from the opponent until used and I got one where if my warlord is slain the rest of my army gets +1 to wound for the rest of the game. I had made Lelith my warlord...

So I used the webway portal stratagem to drop Lelith in behind a squad of dark reapers (just 5, but still dangerous) with a warlock supporting them. My plan that game was literally to get Lelith killed. She charged just the warlock and made it without a reroll. Killed the warlock, walked into the dark reapers with her second pile in move. Dark reapers didn't do anything to her.

Next turn the dark reapers left combat (I forgot the no escape rule because I've never gotten it to work...) and used the strategem to let them shoot after having done so, while an autarch ran over to back them up. Lelith took no wounds. They all charged her. Lelith remained unharmed and took down the Autarch over 2 turns I think. Later the reapers back off from combat again (I remembered no escape, but just failed to get it to work...) just to prolong their deaths. Lelith went after them and finished them off.

She never took any wounds the whole game and by the end my opponent only had a single wave serpent left that was being chased down by a cronos (actually did 5 lucky unsaved wounds to it the last round!). I was very, very confused by the whole ordeal but it did help give me a little hope. Razz

Last edited by Ubernoob1 on Mon Feb 12 2018, 23:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected MVP's   

Back to top Go down

Unexpected MVP's
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-