HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Fri Feb 02 2018, 17:26

Ugh.

Why do I do this, there is clearly no pattern.

Because I have too much "rendering" time on my hands. Thats why.

So statisitcally, of course we are WAY behind.
Does this suggest things might improve? Probably not, but its fun to imagine.

The total number of units for example.
Our number of Special Characters AND Other Units is very far behind, and if the universe were even reomtely paying attention, this could easily be amended. Remember that we're well under the average, despire having many single model units such as Beasts of teh Court Of The Archon.
Sliscus, Sathonyx, Decapitator, Malys, Vect, these are names which could easily redress the total balance.

The number of Relics and Strategems is of course going to have a major boost, and I'd wager a slightly below average six sub-factions, two of each current type I'd say two kabals, and we pick between them as representative, two cults, two covens, etc).

Special rules, probably just stick with Power From Pain and Combat Drugs, plus special rules linked with Sub-Factions.

Anyway. Just rambling. Take from the numbers what you will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
RoadRageRob666
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Sat Feb 03 2018, 23:50

Whats the point of this? Every single one of the factions that youre comparing DE to has a codex, so not comparable

Compare how many stragems and w.e each of those imperium factions had in their *index* to DE, or what the other index armies currently have.

This is just b*tching for the sake of b*tching.

FAKE NEWS! SAD!

Also, we have more than three subfactions: we have 3 subfactions that all have multiple subfactions (again, this isnt a proper comparison, specific Hive Fleets = specific Kabals/Covens/Cults).

Jeezus you guys complain alot on this forum.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Sun Feb 04 2018, 00:38

While I didn't really get the point the OP was making for similar reasons to you road rage rob. It really must be said that there has never been a more fitting user name than yours.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Sun Feb 04 2018, 00:48

We do not know enough yet for informed bitching. As a result I will not be bitching about the codex until we at least have some leaks.

I will continue bitching about the index though Razz
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Sun Feb 04 2018, 05:43

Correct me if I'm wrong but the entire point was to establish a basis for what we should be able to expect for our codex and to hold GW a standard to right?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Sun Feb 04 2018, 06:28

Quote :
Correct me if I'm wrong but the entire point was to establish a basis for what we should be able to expect for our codex and to hold GW a standard to right?

That's what I read it as.
I find this really interesting regardless, there seems to be an inverse between special rules and faction rules. I wonder which one we'll fall into

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Sun Feb 04 2018, 15:47

I found it very interesting - saw no complaining really, just analysis of the data available.

It will be interesting to see a chart like this once everyone has their books
Back to top Go down
Keast Kannegaard
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Sun Feb 04 2018, 16:46

Would actually like to see how many of each unit choices each faction got. I find that a lot more interesting than special chars.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Sun Feb 04 2018, 19:04

Dang, looking at the data again, the Ad Mech really got shafted in the special rules and characters section.

"Other units" makes sense because they're a newer faction, but still. sub factions is a one trick pony for them, along with relics. Who cares about the number of relics you have if you don't have anyone to give them to.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Mon Feb 05 2018, 10:10

Indeed, the point was to establish what I hope to be a basis for hope. An idea of roundabout what we can expect, or at least hope to expect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   Mon Feb 05 2018, 11:09

The comparison is there to create tendancy, which then allows us to HOPE.

I know hope is often mistaken with bitching in this forum, but those are actually 2 different things. So no need to go full Rambo on OP.

PostSubject: Re: Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.   

Back to top Go down

Uselessly mathing the impending Codex. Again.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: