HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Tue Jan 30 2018, 20:21

I dont remember where i read it, but at one point DE controlled Wraiths.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Tue Jan 30 2018, 20:26

@amishprn86 wrote:

Do you mean Eldar Wraithguard/blades or actual spirits? The former is Path of the Archon, Vect's Castigators, as for the latter I don't have a source for that but it sounds like it could be something from old fluff back when we had the whole soul drinking thing.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Tue Jan 30 2018, 21:10

@Vindicavi wrote:
@amishprn86 wrote:

Do you mean Eldar Wraithguard/blades or actual spirits? The former is Path of the Archon, Vect's Castigators, as for the latter I don't have a source for that but it sounds like it could be something from old fluff back when we had the whole soul drinking thing.

They somehow got the constructs and was using them. I remember it only b.c i almost made my Ynnari army based on me, but then i didnt b.c DE suck as Ynnari and didnt want my CWE looking like DE lol.

But i dont remember where i read it.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Tue Jan 30 2018, 21:24

Ah the constructs where in Path of the Archon for those looking for them, page 298. Also called Vect's Castigators.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Tue Jan 30 2018, 21:29

@Vindicavi wrote:
Ah the constructs where in Path of the Archon for those looking for them, page 298. Also called Vect's Castigators.

OOO, thanks! DO you remember what it said about them? Its been so long and i dont have the book (its audio read)

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Tue Jan 30 2018, 21:39

*Ahem* ...The ordinarily fine, clean lines of the craftwrolder's designs had been weighted down with masses of additional armour and weaponry. Many had had some of their long limbs amputated in order to keep them quick and agile despite their extra burdens of blades and energy projections, sacrficing their traditionally compact eldar-like forms for the greater perfomance. EVerything about the Commorrite copies seemed to add a vicious tension to the original designs..."
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Fri Feb 02 2018, 21:01

@Burnage wrote:
Our vehicles are a lot sleeker, obviously, but there's a lot of possible inspiration to be drawn from Fury Road.

I love the spikey cars in Fury Road. I'd love to see someone's army based on that aesthetic.

@Marrath wrote:
I can recommend The War Of The Spider Queen.

Funnily enough, this is the first thing that popped into my head as I was mulling over ths topic.

I read the first one when they came out and enjoyed it. A glimpse into a Dark City-esque realm through a PG-13 lens, imo. I remember really enjoying the subplot of the archmage trying to assassinate the high priestess by making it look as though manifestations of her own goddess's servants were exacting divine punishment.

@Gherma wrote:
I always thought that there is a lot of Dune in dark eldars (and in WH40K in general). Poisons, light reflexes, cruel tyrants... and Bene Tleilax is pretty much an Haemonculus Coven... resuscitation and body modifications included.

And anyway ANY person slightly interested in sci-if should read Dune!

As someone just starting to poke around at 40K lore, I totally agree that Dune is clearly a huge inspiration.

I'd strongly recommend the first two books, which I believe were originally intended to be a single volume. That's when the Tleilax and their face dancers and artificial eyes first show up. Although poison enjoys the spotlight in several prominent scenes in the first book too.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Fri Feb 02 2018, 21:56

@zelatar wrote:

Funnily enough, this is the first thing that popped into my head as I was mulling over ths topic.

I read the first one when they came out and enjoyed it.

Continue, then tongue
It only gets better in my opinion.

zelatar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Sat Feb 03 2018, 19:50

I remember wanting to see what happened with the inexperienced young drow matron, and the creepy sensual relationship she had with her draegloth son. Plus the whole Silence of Lolth thing was a great premise.

Now that I think of it, I can't recall seeing a drow / spidery / Lolth DE themed army before. How fun would that be? Drider fiends, yohlol cronos, draegloth grotesques, etc.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Sat Feb 03 2018, 20:38

MY vote is for the wild hunt. They are cruel, arrogant, strike using fear, steal away people for slaves and use portals to come out of nowhere.

If I wasn't doing my dark eldar in gold/red I'd do them in cold iron and ice. But instead I'm doing my eldar as the wild hunt.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Sat Feb 03 2018, 21:36

Well Dungeons and Dragons does Dark Elf miniatures too, but they look rather crappy, especially compared to GW products.

Gherma
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Sat Feb 03 2018, 21:47

@zelatar wrote:

As someone just starting to poke around at 40K lore, I totally agree that Dune is clearly a huge inspiration.

I'd strongly recommend the first two books, which I believe were originally intended to be a single volume. That's when the Tleilax and their face dancers and artificial eyes first show up. Although poison enjoys the spotlight in several prominent scenes in the first book too.

It’s not really relevant for the topic, but Dune was originally published in chapters on a sci-if magazine (don’t remember the name), so they were not strictly intended to be one.

Anyway I think the “haemonculesque” aspect of Tleilax is at his best on the 5th book, when you discover what axlotl tanks really are. Who knows if the tanks used in comorragh for “delivering fakeborns” actually have the same biological origin.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   Mon Feb 05 2018, 16:18

Check out Altered Carbon on Netflix. Give that society 500 more years and bam!!! Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?   

Back to top Go down

Movies, games, comics, other media for Drukhari inspiration?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: