Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
|Meavar
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 01 2018, 18:56

@Calyptra wrote:
I hope its solidity is non-Newtonian.

The harder the enemy list comes at you the more solid the eldar are. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Keast Kannegaard
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 01 2018, 19:00

Was it tested v Tourney, TAC or fluff lists? Think that's the real question. And possible something ESE can talk about, if not now then later in the podcast Smile
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 01 2018, 23:29

@|Meavar wrote:
@Calyptra wrote:
I hope its solidity is non-Newtonian.

The harder the enemy list comes at you the more solid the eldar are. I love it.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 00:02

@Skulnbonz wrote:
I have a feeling if it had jetbike archons, Fixed wyches, haywire, poison and reavers, he would have described it as more than "solid".

Solid, to me, is reduced point costs, a few strategems that are usable, and some that are not, and no ttoo many nerfs.
Think of it as "Chapter Approved x 3".

If it was what we were all hoping for, I think we would be hearing 'guys... seriously... do not worry!"

"Solid" is slightly better than the ad mech dex.
"Do not worry" is tyranids.

Just my .02
If the codex is only slightly better than the AdMechs I'd imagine the comments would be more along the lines of "Don't bother, it's trash." than "It's very solid." That suggests closer to Death Guard and Chaos Marines.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 06:20

Quote :
If the codex is only slightly better than the AdMechs I'd imagine the comments would be more along the lines of "Don't bother, it's trash."

AdMech codex is not trash by any margin. I've been enjoying it for last half a year. Still havent explore all the possibilities. Now there is a new knight walker joining the party. AM is very fine, just has some trap builds.

yellabelly
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 06:34

@Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :
If the codex is only slightly better than the AdMechs I'd imagine the comments would be more along the lines of "Don't bother, it's trash."

AdMech codex is not trash by any margin. I've been enjoying it for last half a year. Still havent explore all the possibilities. Now there is a new knight walker joining the party. AM is very fine, just has some trap builds.

I only started in 8th. I sat for hours painting up an Ad Mech army. My first army. I wanted to be happy with the codex. I wanted to be happy with the army. But here I am, playing Dark Eldar instead.

The Ad Mech codex was ok in comparison to index books, but the more codex releases that came along, the more apparent it was that Ad Mech were well behind the curve. The limited troop choices are to be expected for a new army, but then surely it shouldn't be *that* hard to make sure all of those limited choices are viable. They didn't manage to do that. When you see the Eldar and Tyranid books following close behind it's hard not to look at the Ad Mech codex with bitter disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 08:37

I hope our HQ choices are "Solid"
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 08:40

Quote :
The Ad Mech codex was ok in comparison to index books, but the more codex releases that came along, the more apparent it was that Ad Mech were well behind the curve. The limited troop choices are to be expected for a new army, but then surely it shouldn't be *that* hard to make sure all of those limited choices are viable. They didn't manage to do that. When you see the Eldar and Tyranid books following close behind it's hard not to look at the Ad Mech codex with bitter disappointment.

Well m those are my 2 main armies, and i like AM very very so far.
What troop choices you dont like? I tried rangers and vanguards, kataphrons destroyers wit 2 load outs. They all did fine. My go to list is 2x7 vanguards with specials, rangers with 2 transuranic and destroyers with plasma. Nice +3 CP. Cheap and enough place for more damaging stuff, like chickens. 3 Stygies chickens are nuts - 2 to hit, tesla explode on 4+.

Imateria
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 09:54

@Azdrubael wrote:
Quote :

Well m those are my 2 main armies, and i like AM very very so far.
What troop choices you dont like? I tried rangers and vanguards, kataphrons destroyers wit 2 load outs. They all did fine. My go to list is 2x7 vanguards with specials, rangers with 2 transuranic and destroyers with plasma. Nice +3 CP. Cheap and enough place for more damaging stuff, like chickens. 3 Stygies chickens are nuts - 2 to hit, tesla explode on 4+.
There is some good stuff in the AdMech codex but it's very limited. That said the gap between the best and worst codecies this edition seems to be a lot smaller than it was last edition but still most people would agree that the only codex definitevley worse than AdMech is Grey Knights.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 19:26

@Azdrubael
Troops was the wrong choice of word. I didn't mean troop slot choices, I meant units within the whole army. Things like ruststalkers and kataphrons (certainly pre-CA) weren't viable.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 23:01

Well ruststalkers are barely playabe with Stygies now. Infiltrators are better.

Kataprhons Breachers are in bad spot, but Destroyers are and were good. I have this setup around Cawl, 2 Shooty Castellans, 1 unit of 6 Destroyers half Plasma, Half Grav. Pull off that stratagem on +1 BS and enjoy, overcharging plasma making it safe. Splitting fire for maxiumum effect.

Those are 2 units that are bad now. Ruststalkers and Breachers. Everything else is very playable.

yellabelly
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Fri Feb 02 2018, 23:44

That's another issue. Cawl is almost auto include to make certain units work, but he forces you into a Mars force and a mono playstyle. But, in fairness, I haven't touched my ad mech since October so I haven't tried the CA changes. That's when I started DE and have been having a lot more fun playing them. I do intend to revisit my ad mech at some point though!
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Sat Feb 03 2018, 15:09

Was looking through all my "shelved" units... i really want Reavers to be good. I have something like 30 of them and a couple more boxes not even open yet.... I love Reavers, they were the 1 of 3 reasons i kept playing 7th.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Sat Feb 03 2018, 23:23

Same goes for Talos and Grotesques.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Sun Feb 04 2018, 01:59

I'd like a reason to actually assemble hellions (that aren't actually beastmaster conversions)
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Sun Feb 04 2018, 08:01

Just cult and coven and general tbh. Would be so refreshing to have an army with no kabalites in.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Tue Feb 06 2018, 07:55

Thanks for the info. Those pre-order dates can't roll up quick enough!

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Wed Feb 07 2018, 19:22

Spent some time trying to figure out the kind of things you could say that won't give anything away so my biggest desire is special rules that increase the flavor of the units. Will I camp happy?
Also, anyone can answer if they know, will the DE codex get a special edition? Do they all?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Wed Feb 07 2018, 23:46

@The Red King wrote:
Spent some time trying to figure out the kind of things you could say that won't give anything away so my biggest desire is special rules that increase the flavor of the units.  Will I camp happy?
Also, anyone can answer if they know, will the DE codex get a special edition? Do they all?

Flavor and making sure that units/wargear better fit their background was one of our primary jobs. You will camp happy.

I don't know with 100% certainty that there will be a special edition, but my plan is to buy one (first time ever buying the fancy one!) after having worked on it.

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 08 2018, 00:03

That's excellent news. I might but one regular and one collector.

Is it against the NDA to say if the pre-order is this Saturday??

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 08 2018, 00:16

Im gonna go on a limb and say probably not. The schedule for WhTv is out and it's more TS.
If it's next week tho it'll be released with the new Inquisitor. So perhaps bunch em together and have a 40k release week.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 08 2018, 02:12

@The Red King wrote:
That's excellent news.  I might but one regular and one collector.

Judging by the calendar, IF the plan is to release the codex within the month of February, when we're going to *have* to get our first faction focus article (assuming that they devote a week to it, like they have done with the other major factions) by this coming Sunday or Monday. That gives them a week of articles, with pre-orders going up on the 17th, and the actual codex release being on the 24th. Otherwise, we're looking at a March release.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 08 2018, 03:49

Fingers crossed that's the case, and I'm decently hopeful that it will be this Saturday since there's Tau, Necrons and that new knight model all already announced so they have to get back to 40k releases soon, and my guess would be that by the end of March all of those releases will be out.

Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 08 2018, 09:57

@The Red King wrote:
That's excellent news.  I might but one regular and one collector.

No BS, I have no idea.

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for the Podcast guys!   Thu Feb 08 2018, 10:29

Got my days all messed up and I'm realizing there's about a 0% chance it's this Saturday with no hype all week.

Thanks for the Podcast guys!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: