HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Balanced Wyches 2k

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GingerMinja
Slave
GingerMinja

Balanced Wyches 2k Empty
PostSubject: Balanced Wyches 2k   Balanced Wyches 2k I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 09 2018, 10:19

Hey all,

I'm wanting to start an all Wyches list with more of a fantasy Dark Elves feel to it as they were my very first Warhammer army. Love the old khaniite assassins and witch elves. And thinking of making my own Cult as well, ideas welcome Smile

The army I want to build is more "Rule of Cool" than strict rulings.

I've got a Shadowblade Assassin which i'm going to convert and use the data sheet from the Callidus Assassin.

The List so far: 1997pts

Khainite Assassin (Callidus Assassin) 80pts

Battalion - 2x Succubus with blast pistol 164pts

3 units x 5 wyches standard load  out 135pts

2 x Razorwings with Darklance 340pts

4 x Venoms with splinter cannon 380pts

Vangaurd - 1 x Succubus with blast pistol 82pts

3 x 10 Bloodbrides with three Hyrda Gauntlets, Syren has Agoniser and Blast Pistol 468pts

3 x Raiders with darklance and shockprow. 348pts

All critique welcome. I'm more about the rule of cool, but I do want a level of competitiveness to it.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

Balanced Wyches 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balanced Wyches 2k   Balanced Wyches 2k I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2018, 01:16

Once you get the Wyches out of the transports it's gonna be a pain in the ass to have to get them back in to move them around the table. If I were you I'd be tempted to take a few groups of Hellions/Scourges (Probably Hellions because they look WAAAY cooler) and use them to control the table. They won't kill anything important, but Hellions mince infantry and can kill even terminators in volume of attacks. They're also not afraid of FNP since they do 2 damage each with their CC attacks. Your Wyches are going to get stuck in combat and beat the hell out of something, but you'll probably want something faster to control the table.
Back to top Go down
GingerMinja
Slave
GingerMinja

Balanced Wyches 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balanced Wyches 2k   Balanced Wyches 2k I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2018, 09:02

Thanks for the input dude. I think I like the look of Scourges over Hellions, Harpy looking things haha.
And if I ran scourges I'd have more anti-tank flexibility, start them in reserve and bring them in when needed. Same movement and skill set as the helion, just one less attack
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Balanced Wyches 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balanced Wyches 2k   Balanced Wyches 2k I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2018, 11:12

GingerMinja wrote:
Thanks for the input dude. I think I like the look of Scourges over Hellions, Harpy looking things haha.
And if I ran scourges I'd have more anti-tank flexibility, start them in reserve and bring them in when needed. Same movement and skill set as the helion, just one less attack

I would say they are quite different.
Hellions are mainly melee with some shooting, scourges are the other way around.
Helions have much better melee (+1 attack and much better weapon +1 str and 2d) and combat drugs.
Scourges are cheaper have deep strike, better save one more shooting attack base and the option for most special guns.
Back to top Go down
GingerMinja
Slave
GingerMinja

Balanced Wyches 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balanced Wyches 2k   Balanced Wyches 2k I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2018, 11:26

Updated List: 1997 pts

Outrider:
Succubus - blast pistol
1x 9 hellion
2x 5 scourges - 2 dark lance , Solarite: venom blade/blaster
3x raiders
1x venom - splinter cannon

2 x Vanguard:
2 x Succubus - blast pistol
6 x 5 Bloodbrides -hydra gauntlet, Syren: agoniser/blast pistol
2 x Razorwing Jet fighters - darklance/splinter cannon

Raiders for the Bloodbrides, Venom for the Succubus' , Hellions to harass and scourges for deep strike anti-tank
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

Balanced Wyches 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balanced Wyches 2k   Balanced Wyches 2k I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 10 2018, 11:56

Scourges are definitely better than Hellions. Just I really REALLY like hellions so when someone isn't 100% looking for competitive I like to suggest them. As for how to use the scourges, I suggest leaving the Dark Lances at home. Some people swear by them, but I just feel like there are better ways to get those Dark Lances on the table (like Ravagers) that wouldn't take the -1 to hit for moving, and if you're using the scourges to contest objectives (which I thought was the point) you want to keep them mobile.

Shard carbines are awesome for the points to the extent that it's generally better to just bring another scourge than to bring special weapons. If you don't want to use them for that maybe drop some or the hellions and bring some bare bones wyches to run around the table and sit on things? Could bring you up to a batallion, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Balanced Wyches 2k Empty
PostSubject: Re: Balanced Wyches 2k   Balanced Wyches 2k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Balanced Wyches 2k
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-