Share | 

Today's rumour engine.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Today's rumour engine.   Thu Dec 21 2017, 07:27

I’m hopping on the Eldar origin, with it being a Vehicle/special model/terrain bandwagon. The inlaid spiritstone/gem is highly reminiscent of those found on the front of wave serpents and hornets. The only thing that confuses me is the actual structure and shape of it. It’s neither Aerodynamic to be the wing of a flyer, nor does it have any traits that truly stand out as fully Eldar.

Looking at other Eldar vehicles, it’s fairly obvious that this piece is one of the front bits of the hull of the vehicle where the flat end(left side in picture) is towards the center. While the outside, which is rounded is towards the outside. Other Eldar vehicles though, do not come to a point like this, their points are more semi-Circle instead of an actual point. The only Aeldari Vehicles with a point anything like that would be the Drukhari Venom or whatever form of the Vyper.

So, Eldar origins. Vehicle. A little more spikey than usual. Hovering, not pure flyer. Maybe Ynnari, maybe Harlequins. Seems similar to Venom/Vyper. Maybe a hybrid medium vehicle? Unable to tell beyond this

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Today's rumour engine.   Thu Dec 21 2017, 09:05

I think it's one of the vanes that you stick to the turrets of Eldar vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Today's rumour engine.   Thu Dec 21 2017, 11:07

I still think Ynnari are the most likely Eldar faction to get a model release in the enar future so it's probably for them.
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Today's rumour engine.   Thu Dec 21 2017, 16:48

It makes sense to be Harlequin or Ynnari (most likely the latter). Why would they bring out a new model for the Eldar codex after the book already released?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Today's rumour engine.   Thu Dec 21 2017, 20:25

@Sarkesian wrote:
It makes sense to be Harlequin or Ynnari (most likely the latter). Why would they bring out a new model for the Eldar codex after the book already released?

Because that's probably how they intend to bring out new models once all codices are released. New model + datasheet in the box and maybe a WD article about it... which is pretty much how releases were handled before codices were a thing.

For example, they're already planning to do that with Sly Marbo, even though the Astra Militarum codex is out.

Though, I would also guess that they might incorporate new datasheets into future reprints of the codex, sort of like what they did with the revised Shadow War manual.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Today's rumour engine.   Thu Dec 21 2017, 21:42

Well, as much as it is mostly wishful thoughts, it would be really swell if this was a teaser of the new Vect assault Train aka Dais of Destruction and this was a piece of a Castigator guard, watching over the Big Daddy who is chilling atop his personal craft. Given the fact that it was heavily implied that Vect is A BIT MIFFED by the sheer idea of Ynnead's existence, it would be something to look forward to. Alas, it is doubtful. One can dream...

dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Today's rumour engine.   Thu Dec 21 2017, 21:50

Vect is gone in his personnal subrealm, ruling over the Squats and duke Slyscus.
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Today's rumour engine.   Thu Dec 21 2017, 23:09

@dumpeal wrote:
Vect is gone in his personnal subrealm, ruling over the Squats and duke Slyscus.

I think some part of all of us knew his story would end like this.

Today's rumour engine.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: