Share | 

Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr.Morbid
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Sat Feb 10 2018, 13:45

Correct, it's a hyphon. I just wanted to seperate the Daggers from the Mane, nothing more.
And thanx for approving!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Wed Feb 14 2018, 18:50

So, for clarification, the ruling is Serpentin is not useless on a Succubus, and in fact if she has it and is not suffering from any negative modifiers, will auto-hit?

I love 8th edition, and I love Dark Eldar in 8th, but I still can't wait for fluffy Kabal rules to drop in our dex.  I have written multiple Dark Eldar fan codexes (3 and a "mini-fandex" which was totally ridiculous), the latest of which (for 7th edition) can be found here.  I also created a Blood Angels 7th edition fan codex, and I have used the Age of Sigmar Kharadron Overlords battletome to create a 40k Squats codex complete with a bunch of Stratagems.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Wed Feb 14 2018, 19:04

Only time you auto-hit is when the weapons explicitly state that you do, like flamers. You allways miss on a roll of 1(Dice value), no matter whan kinds of modifiers you may have.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Thu Feb 15 2018, 00:16

Essentially a Succubus with Serpentin has a WS 1+.

So on a roll of 1 they miss, because rolls of 1 always miss. They can reroll 1s from their aura.

On a roll of 2, you compare the result with modifier against the WS to see if you have a hit. Against models without a hit modifer, the Glaive would reduce the result to 1, which means a hit against WS 1+.

If you ran into a unit with a further hit modifier, such a Mandrakes then a roll of 2 when attacking with the Archite Glaive, would get modified to 0 and would still miss, even with WS 1+.

Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Thu Feb 15 2018, 16:06

So Serpentin is beneficial to a Succubus then, as it counteracts neg. modifiers. What it doesn't do is guarantee auto-hits. Got it. Thank you. Very Happy

I love 8th edition, and I love Dark Eldar in 8th, but I still can't wait for fluffy Kabal rules to drop in our dex.  I have written multiple Dark Eldar fan codexes (3 and a "mini-fandex" which was totally ridiculous), the latest of which (for 7th edition) can be found here.  I also created a Blood Angels 7th edition fan codex, and I have used the Age of Sigmar Kharadron Overlords battletome to create a 40k Squats codex complete with a bunch of Stratagems.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Thu Feb 15 2018, 16:24

However, because of the -1 on the to-hit roll, Blood Dancer normally doesn't occur for turns 1 and 2. until you get the +1 to hit from PfP on turn 3, then you need a 6 to-hit roll.

Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: