HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 288
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 14:14

@FuelDrop wrote:
It does force us to take an Archon though...

Not the worst thing in the world considering that you're going to be able to take a full Court (including an Archon) for a total of 148 points.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 14:26

Medusa spam indeed looks very appealing.

_________________
My Kabal
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 449
Join date : 2017-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 14:38

This is...entirely disappointing. Six units of ours got a change? Really?

Well at least I can still use the awesome options avaliable. Like the Archon, our Characters, Wyches, Grotesques, Bloodbrides, Trueborn, Hellions, Reavers, Pain Engines, Venoms, Shredders, Blasters, Heat Lances, Haywire Blasters, and the Huskblade, right?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 15:35

@Mppqlmd wrote:
Medusa spam indeed looks very appealing.

dont forget that they have to be outside of a transport in order to get the rerolls from the Archon... And we all know what happens to footsloging T3 units...
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-04
Location : Beyond the Veil

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 15:38

So is this how GW are going to operate now, forcing all players to buy literally everything their faction has ( multiple times mind you) so we can adapt to the constant itune style updates and "fixes" they will continue to make to sell more models???
How are we suppossed to ever get good at the game when they keep changing everything, meta completely ignored and replaced with sales figures?


_________________
For the night is dark and full of Lances
Back to top Go down
http://adamjmould@cgsociety.org
Mppqlmd
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1408
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 15:41

@DevilDoll wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
Medusa spam indeed looks very appealing.

dont forget that they have to be outside of a transport in order to get the rerolls from the Archon... And we all know what happens to footsloging T3 units...

If they are escorted by an Archon going first, the enemy can't even target them. Being a character is a boon sometimes.

Yes, you understood me here : the Archon is serving as a meatshield for his court...

_________________
My Kabal
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-04
Location : Beyond the Veil

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 15:42

@Mppqlmd wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
Well I mean Splinter Cannons and Shredders are perfectly priced right now, so what were they going to change?

I mean, they are not perfect, but having access to the brilliant and awesome Heatlance is sure a compensation !


If the heat lance was availible on more units i would say yes, put it on ravagers and now we are talking. But as it stands it can only be carried by T3 infantry....which is a tricky one.

Or maybe having it on vehicles is OP? Im only a year into this faction so i dont really know how that would play out........

_________________
For the night is dark and full of Lances
Back to top Go down
http://adamjmould@cgsociety.org
Burnage
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 288
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 15:42

@Old_Soul wrote:
So is this how GW are going to operate now, forcing all players to buy literally everything their faction has ( multiple times mind you) so we can adapt to the constant itune style updates and "fixes" they will continue to make to sell more models???
How are we suppossed to ever get good at the game when they keep changing everything, meta completely ignored and replaced with sales figures?


Updating the game, in and of itself, isn't bad. Half yearly updates to respond to units that are clearly too powerful or weak could be great and lead to more diverse competitive play.

GW is dropping the ball hard here though, with weak units (or entire factions!) being ignored and armies that have already recently had to purchase a Codex being asked to pay another £20 for tweaks.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 288
Join date : 2017-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 15:45

@Old_Soul wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
Well I mean Splinter Cannons and Shredders are perfectly priced right now, so what were they going to change?

I mean, they are not perfect, but having access to the brilliant and awesome Heatlance is sure a compensation !


If the heat lance was availible on more units i would say yes, put it on ravagers and now we are talking. But as it stands it can only be carried by T3 infantry....which is a tricky one.

Or maybe having it on vehicles is OP? Im only a year into this faction so i dont really know how that would play out........

Reavers and Talos can take Heat Lances.

The problem, of course, being that in both of those cases you're slapping overly expensive weapons onto already too-expensive units.
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-04
Location : Beyond the Veil

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 15:52

@Burnage wrote:
@Old_Soul wrote:
So is this how GW are going to operate now, forcing all players to buy literally everything their faction has ( multiple times mind you) so we can adapt to the constant itune style updates and "fixes" they will continue to make to sell more models???
How are we suppossed to ever get good at the game when they keep changing everything, meta completely ignored and replaced with sales figures?


Updating the game, in and of itself, isn't bad. Half yearly updates to respond to units that are clearly too powerful or weak could be great and lead to more diverse competitive play.

GW is dropping the ball hard here though, with weak units (or entire factions!) being ignored and  armies that have already recently had to purchase a Codex being asked to pay another £20 for tweaks.


Updating shouldnt mean changing the meta entirely though?

And i totally agree that charging for the updates, whether you have a codex or not, is just pure greed. If they cant produce a decent rule set first time out i understand, but dont charge your community for your mistakes GW

_________________
For the night is dark and full of Lances
Back to top Go down
http://adamjmould@cgsociety.org
Old_Soul
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-04
Location : Beyond the Veil

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 15:54

@Burnage wrote:
@Old_Soul wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
Well I mean Splinter Cannons and Shredders are perfectly priced right now, so what were they going to change?

I mean, they are not perfect, but having access to the brilliant and awesome Heatlance is sure a compensation !


If the heat lance was availible on more units i would say yes, put it on ravagers and now we are talking. But as it stands it can only be carried by T3 infantry....which is a tricky one.

Or maybe having it on vehicles is OP? Im only a year into this faction so i dont really know how that would play out........

Reavers and Talos can take Heat Lances.

The problem, of course, being that in both of those cases you're slapping overly expensive weapons onto already too-expensive units.[/quote]


Ah yes i forgot reavers could take them i apologise. But they arent "vehicles" if you know what i mean, they lack that durability or at least in my games they drop pretty quickly.


And yes the Talos is a bit expensive for what it bring to the table, hope that changes because the models are dope!!!

_________________
For the night is dark and full of Lances
Back to top Go down
http://adamjmould@cgsociety.org
Sess
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 34
Join date : 2016-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 16:54

Sslyth are looking really good at least, could just use them in place of grotesques until we see what happens to grotesques in our codex. Can take 4 sslyth per archon so in a battalion with 2 archons can get 8 sslyths that don't take up force organization slots.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 422
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 17:07

@Old_Soul wrote:
@Burnage wrote:
@Old_Soul wrote:
@Mppqlmd wrote:
@FuelDrop wrote:
Well I mean Splinter Cannons and Shredders are perfectly priced right now, so what were they going to change?

I mean, they are not perfect, but having access to the brilliant and awesome Heatlance is sure a compensation !


If the heat lance was availible on more units i would say yes, put it on ravagers and now we are talking. But as it stands it can only be carried by T3 infantry....which is a tricky one.

Or maybe having it on vehicles is OP? Im only a year into this faction so i dont really know how that would play out........

Reavers and Talos can take Heat Lances.

The problem, of course, being that in both of those cases you're slapping overly expensive weapons onto already too-expensive units.


Ah yes i forgot reavers could take them i apologise. But they arent "vehicles" if you know what i mean, they lack that durability or at least in my games they drop pretty quickly.


And yes the Talos is a bit expensive for what it bring to the table, hope that changes because the models are dope!!![/quote]
I think you missed that the first two posts in this pyramid are sarcastic, because the Heat Lance is terrible at any points cost.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
avatar

Posts : 526
Join date : 2016-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 17:37

@Sess wrote:
Sslyth are looking really good at least, could just use them in place of grotesques until we see what happens to grotesques in our codex. Can take 4 sslyth per archon so in a battalion with 2 archons can get 8 sslyths that don't take up force organization slots.

I think grots are better on the charge because they get 2 more attacks each. Sslyth with archon re rolls are better on combat but you need to make sure you keep that 3” to get it

They also don’t get PFP

_________________
“No. Stop. Don’t go in there. You’ll all be killed,’ Motley murmured sardonically”
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-04
Location : Beyond the Veil

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 18:11

[/quote]I think you missed that the first two posts in this pyramid are sarcastic, because the Heat Lance is terrible at any points cost.[/quote]

Thankyou for illuminating me bro;)

Its the lowest form of wit  Twisted Evil guess thats why i didnt notice it. New to the tabletop, been a painter and converter for years instead so i dont know these things yet.

Stat line looks good to me, but i have noob goggles on

_________________
For the night is dark and full of Lances
Back to top Go down
http://adamjmould@cgsociety.org
TheBaconPope
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 449
Join date : 2017-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 18:16

Quote :
Stat line looks good to me, but i have noob goggles on
S6 and it's cost are what really kills it. AP-5 and melta mean it's intended to take out big vehicles, but t6 vehicles usually have a 3+/4+ save, meaning it's wasted, and 2+ save vehicles are at least T8. So it has a really difficult time wounding.
Further, it's melta range is 9," making it just outside the alpha range of its most viable platform, Scourges. Essentially, 9/10 times, it's just a better choice to take a Dark Lance

_________________
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem."
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 33
Join date : 2017-06-04
Location : Beyond the Veil

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 18:19

@TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :
Stat line looks good to me, but i have noob goggles on
S6 and it's cost are what really kills it. AP-5 and melta mean it's intended to take out big vehicles, but t6 vehicles usually have a 3+/4+ save, meaning it's wasted, and 2+ save vehicles are at least T8. So it has a really difficult time wounding.
Further, it's melta range is 9," making it just outside the alpha range of its most viable platform, Scourges. Essentially, 9/10 times, it's just a better choice to take a Dark Lance


If thats not a viable option i will stick to the lances then like you advise. Very Happy

_________________
For the night is dark and full of Lances
Back to top Go down
http://adamjmould@cgsociety.org
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1268
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 20:03

I think this means we’re probably early Q1 for a codex more than anything else. Who better to splash to start the year of Slaanesh?
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 20:16

Chapter approved is shaping up to be crap. Certainly is for Dark Eldar.

Here is my issue around the razorwing flock point increase: according to GW, Chapter Approved is suppose to providing some balance (per their daily posts), so how is taking a one-trick pony unit like razorwing flocks and increasing their point value providing balance? Presumably, they would improve the unit, but by the looks of this, if that is a correct assumption, we're going to have to wait for the codex release to find out what that is! In the meantime, enjoy the point bump!

Seriously, this is utter crap. I get the love affair with SMs/Imperium and Chaos Space Marines, but if you want the game to solely be that, just flip'n axe our army and be done with it.

Waste of (expensive) paper.

_________________
Kabal of the Killing Moon
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2017-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 20:17

@amorrowlyday wrote:
I think this means we’re probably early Q1 for a codex more than anything else. Who better to splash to start the year of Slaanesh?

I really hope that is the appropriate way to read into the lack of Dark Eldar information in this Chapter Approved. Additionally, they are putting out Dark Eldar-specific objective markers in December.

_________________
Kabal of the Killing Moon
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1268
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 20:21

I don’t know about THAT soon but at this point I’m just going to assume this game to be unfinished until all the codexes are out, and avoid commitments until then.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Klaivex
avatar

Posts : 2421
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 22:25

Well the Tantalus was already a meh unit, i only played it in fun games b.c i knew it would at least last 2-3 turns, i'm now not even going to play them anymore.

Tho i might try Medusaea units now.

I'm going to adepticon with SoB for sure then (have a friend wants to team up he only plays guard, but was thinking of CWE/Quins with my models).

I didnt expect much from CA honestly, but i was hoping for Coven units, along with Reavers and Hellions to drop in points, Reavers really needed to be addressed and not a Tantalus to go up.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 449
Join date : 2017-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 22:29

Was anyone really complaining about the Tantalus? I found it pretty powerful, sure, but hardly comparable to Razorbacks, Baneblades, or really any other tank of compramble cost

_________________
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem."
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Klaivex
avatar

Posts : 2421
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 22:39

No one was that i know of, my local (all the players) thinks it was a fair price.

I already didnt like taking it b.c we are semi-comp and play hard, it dies easier than you would think.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 113
Join date : 2017-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight   Sat Nov 25 2017, 22:54

I thought it was good, fair costed it died sure but it didn't die to anything of its point cost in 1 turn and as many times as I've lost it turn 1 (usually cause I used it as a screen to absorb turn 1 tyranids) it also provided some usefulness just in its transport capacity. I liked it, and thought 350 was the sweet spot. Its not worth almost as much as a knight. It certainly isn't worth more than two dissie ravagers.
Back to top Go down
 
Chapter Approved Points in.. Vect is crying himself to sleep tonight
Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: