Tyranid/Dark Eldar: Observation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
|Meavar
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid/Dark Eldar: Observation   Wed Nov 08 2017, 06:49

@ strange dark one.

I partly agree on the can't spam weapons.
We can nearly spam shredders (both kabalites and trueborn can have them).
Heat lances can both be fielded by reavers (maybe not in large numbers but still 1 in 3 is not that bad) and on scourges, so for some additional melta I think that is fine.
Hexrifles and liquifiers are a problem I completely agree, which is why I think an elite unit of wracks with lots of special weapon options is a good thing. I doubt this will happen, so I am more hopefull that GW makes the stats of the weapons good enough that you only need a few, and make the distinction again between a heamy ancient (HQ with powerfull buffs etc) and a heamy (elite nice weapon options but reasonably cheap) so we at least can field slightly more of them.
But right now codexes mainly lost units so I am really doubtfull if we get any extra's.

@ Lament
I think the codexes gained some fluf options and gained some power.

There were some necesary balance changes that were nice, although some important ones were overlooked (comissars!!). Don't get me wrong I think some of the point cost problems will be dealt with in our codex and this could greatly enhance some of the worse units in our army.
I think most of the rule/ army style options unfortunately will not change much, which means that some problems will stay, including the lack of synnergy between the 3 sub-factions, and that wracks as melee units are the only option of sniper champions. Our heavy dependency on vehicles which are because of open topped better for ranged options and slightly overpriced for melee units.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Tyranid/Dark Eldar: Observation   Wed Nov 08 2017, 06:49

@ strange dark one.

I partly agree on the can't spam weapons.
We can nearly spam shredders (both kabalites and trueborn can have them).
Heat lances can both be fielded by reavers (maybe not in large numbers but still 1 in 3 is not that bad) and on scourges, so for some additional melta I think that is fine.
Hexrifles and liquifiers are a problem I completely agree, which is why I think an elite unit of wracks with lots of special weapon options is a good thing. I doubt this will happen, so I am more hopefull that GW makes the stats of the weapons good enough that you only need a few, and make the distinction again between a heamy ancient (HQ with powerfull buffs etc) and a heamy (elite nice weapon options but reasonably cheap) so we at least can field slightly more of them.
But right now codexes mainly lost units so I am really doubtfull if we get any extra's.

@ Lament
I think the codexes gained some fluf options and gained some power.

There were some necesary balance changes that were nice, although some important ones were overlooked (comissars!!). Don't get me wrong I think some of the point cost problems will be dealt with in our codex and this could greatly enhance some of the worse units in our army.
I think most of the rule/ army style options unfortunately will not change much, which means that some problems will stay, including the lack of synnergy between the 3 sub-factions, and that wracks as melee units are the only option of sniper champions. Our heavy dependency on vehicles which are because of open topped better for ranged options and slightly overpriced for melee units.
Back to top Go down

Tyranid/Dark Eldar: Observation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: