View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 18:32

Official GW Ulthwe craftworld focus

I lol'd.

They got a 6+++ on everything, especially stating that tanks and constructs gets benefits too (but our beasts get no PfP) and with all the suggestions about morale, they feel like a better dark eldar armies as we are :'D.

Guess I'm gonna play my RZWJet as a wraithfighter and haemies as warlocks, and I'll get the feel of a real DE army ^^

Haha that's fun like even after all this years, hopes, disappointment, regrets, GW still manage to hurt mah hart, mah soul.

Well let's hope (lol) that our futur codex will be something like this, gameplay wise.

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 18:34

I think it gives a HUGE amount of hope that we'll see the same sort of mechanics we've been asking for, actually.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 18:36

For the (probably not) last time :

Stop getting hurt at Codices getting cool things. We WILL get a codex !

Just wait and see Twisted Evil

Also, the Ulthwe doctrine is pretty crappy. And the Biel-tan isn't amazing either (when compared to I. G. doctrines).

Last edited by Mppqlmd on Tue Oct 17 2017, 18:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 18:37

Especially given how much of a brand new world 8e is, I'd say patience is in order. Every cool new thing that comes out that we think we should have had isn't necessarily an indicator we WON'T get it; it's an indicator that it's more likely that we WILL get it (or something cooler).
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 18:44

Let's also notice that less than 15% of the armies are out, and they already started repeating themselves with the Doctrines... so there are GREAT chances that our doctrines are going to be 50% made of stuff already given to other factions.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 19:25

M. and Jimsolo are right. If the codex is bad compared to others, let's be disappointed then. Until then, if Chaos can get a good codex then so can we. Assuming it's going to be bad will just ruin your day with nothing in return, because we won't know 'til it's out.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 21:08

My other army is admech and that codex was boring, bland and has terrible internal balance (and showed little to no signs of play testing). I'd much rather wait for the dark eldar codex than get some cheap rush copy paste job like admech. The codex even had the same mistakes as the index...
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 21:29

@Mppqlmd wrote:
For the (probably not) last time :

Stop getting hurt at Codices getting cool things. We WILL get a codex !

Just wait and see  Twisted Evil

Also, the Ulthwe doctrine is pretty crappy. And the Biel-tan isn't amazing either (when compared to I. G. doctrines).

But but but I want to whine!!!

I really felt ulthwe drew the short straw on that one. (Not as badly as iron hands though).
Although how unkillable are their wave serpents Going to be now!

Perhaps the fluffiness and specific usefullness of the iyanden one made me like it. I admit it isn't shooting into combat..
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Tue Oct 17 2017, 21:35

They don't need to shoot into combat ... Given the right combos those Wraithguard are going to destroy whatever they are in combat with anyway ... Almost guaranteed if you add Doom on top of the stuff previewed in the Iyanden preview, however there is probably going to be many more combos and tactics once we get our hands on all of the rules and not just pieces of it ...
Back to top Go down
ricorongen
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Wed Oct 18 2017, 00:47

first of all : NICE NAME =p cronno trigger fan i assume?

second : while they may have nice things now, think about this one , the dark eldar are a codex famous for being dissapointing, the models are cool and hopefully soon all plastic. eldar were popular in 6-7 ed becaus they were OP as hell... now think about it, the nids are just like the dark eldar : cool army, crap rules for 2 editions strait, gdubs know that the player bases has shrunken on both factions, so most likely, the nids AND us when we get the codex, will not only be more powerfull, to attract new blood, BUT also more fluffy thanks to how the last what was it? 5 codexies have shown.

i know it been a long wait and we all wanna know how we are with a codex =P but hold hope my dear archons, succabusses and insane heamocelies, soon the dark kin shall rule the table, but first we need to see the nids for then we can truly predict our future!!!

never enough
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Wed Oct 18 2017, 00:57

As an Uthwe player I am going to chip in and say that 6+++ saves are very disappointing. CWE could already get that on vehicles with an upgrade, it makes Fortune literally unusable unless they change the wording, it isn't even remotely fluffy, and it should have been psyker related.

Seriously, all it does is make stuff redundant and arguably makes Uthwe the least effective psykers in the codex due to not being able to Fortune, or at best not being able to Fortune well.

I wonder which DE faction will get a 6+++ that doesn't stack with power from pain?

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Wed Oct 18 2017, 09:06

Quote :
I wonder which DE faction will get a 6+++ that doesn't stack with power from pain

Would still be more useful than Ulthwe, if you can play that faction in an Ynnari army.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Wed Oct 18 2017, 09:24

@Lord Johan wrote:
M. and Jimsolo are right. If the codex is bad compared to others, let's be disappointed then.

It's never too early to start being disappointed with the next Dark Eldar codex! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Wed Oct 18 2017, 09:55

Don't get me wrong here : Yeah I'm whining a bit (.. sarcastically) but it's not upon our upcoming codex, for the simple reason that we didn't even had a glimpse on it. About this and seeing the direction the 5 already available codexes (and the eldar glimpse) I'm pretty happy where this is going.

I'm just a little mean about what we should have had in the index to begin with ; especially when I saw the Ulthwe rules that would have felt just right or us ^^' ;  but no hard feelings.

In fact as you guys stated, I hope our codexes will get some of that stuff too.

@ricorongen wrote:
when we get the codex, will not only be more powerfull, to attract new blood, BUT also more fluffy thanks to how the last what was it?
TBH, fluffwise, all our codexes have been nothing but disapointement since after 3rd edition.
Lost many great unique characters, lore, behaviors, small stories, illustrations, etc. Not to mention that with 8th edition we no longer see in the dark, and Lelith doing drugs..

I'm pretty aware that this serves more of a gameplay/balance purpose than anything so I'm not angry at it, just.. kinda sad :')

Let's just wait for the final product (at least for the glimpses) before we get mad or pleasantly surprised Smile

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Wed Oct 18 2017, 10:23

*pops into the dark city after a long time*
*first two threads are whining*
*getting out again*

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Wed Oct 18 2017, 10:35

@CptMetal wrote:
*getting out again*

No come back, we need to feed on your disaproval of our whining.

But in all seriousness
We are complaining a lot. And to be honest we are not doing that bad for an index.
We are missing some flavour here and there, and the internal balance of our units right now is quite abysmal. We have some top tier units (mainly our vehicles) and some bad ones.

But that has been said over and over again, and with each new release we are again complaining we are missing stuff because we do not have a codex and maybe we should just leave the wine for when we eat our cheese?
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:13

@masamune wrote:
Don't get me wrong here : Yeah I'm whining a bit (.. sarcastically) but it's not upon our upcoming codex, for the simple reason that we didn't even had a glimpse on it. About this and seeing the direction the 5 already available codexes (and the eldar glimpse) I'm pretty happy where this is going.

I'm just a little mean about what we should have had in the index to begin with ; especially when I saw the Ulthwe rules that would have felt just right or us ^^' ;  but no hard feelings.

In fact as you guys stated, I hope our codexes will get some of that stuff too.

@ricorongen wrote:
when we get the codex, will not only be more powerfull, to attract new blood, BUT also more fluffy thanks to how the last what was it?
TBH, fluffwise, all our codexes have been nothing but disapointement since after 3rd edition.
Lost many great unique characters, lore, behaviors, small stories, illustrations, etc. Not to mention that with 8th edition we no longer see in the dark, and Lelith doing drugs..

I'm pretty aware that this serves more of a gameplay/balance purpose than anything so I'm not angry at it, just.. kinda sad :')

Let's just wait for the final product (at least for the glimpses) before we get mad or pleasantly surprised Smile
The Ulthwe trait isn't fluffy for Ulthwe, let alone Dark Eldar. All it is is a 6+FnP roll, which we get as standard from PfP. The new strategems seem good, but both only effect Guardians which is bad because at 8pts a model they are both more expensive than Kabalites whilst being worse.

In fact the tone deafness of the two traits currently shown is shocking, the Ulthwe trait doesn't really do much for Guardians and Psykers and the Iyanden trait does nothing for Wraithguard/blades (a 5/6 man squad of Ld9 Wraithguard couldn't care less about the new trait as it'll never effect them, same goes for the part of buffing damage tables). Unless there have been significant points reductions almost across the board, a possibility given the 20pt reduction the Spiritseer just got, I think Craftworld Eldar will remain firmly bottom tier.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Thu Oct 19 2017, 00:15

@CptMetal I'm honestly sorry about giving you this impression.
I'm mostly here to see what other are into, and trying to share my passion with other pationate guys.

Please just go give a look to other threads (maybe painting & modelling) and just have a nice day.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Sat Oct 21 2017, 13:05

@CptMetal wrote:
*getting out again*

For once I can't be held responsible. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Mon Oct 23 2017, 13:38

Has anyone got an idea of how many points the jetbikes went down by?
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Mon Oct 23 2017, 13:43

@Dark Elf Dave wrote:
Has anyone got an idea of how many points the jetbikes went down by?

According to Blood of Kittens, they went down by 2pts.

Scatter laser ones apparently went down by 5pts, though I don't know if that's including the 2pts or in addition to it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Mon Oct 23 2017, 14:01

Oh dear...so Reavers might not come down in price all that much then. If this is anything to go by.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Mon Oct 23 2017, 14:27

I think that twin Shuriken Catapults might get a price cut, though...

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Mon Oct 23 2017, 15:27

If Windriders with Twin Catapults are 18 points like the Blood of Kittens leak list suggests, that's a reduction of 12 points each.

That's pretty major.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Ulthwé are more terrifying than us   Mon Oct 23 2017, 20:42

StrikingScorpion82 went over almost all the points in the codex and windriders were 18 base, but he didn't mention the cost of the twin catapults. From a very blurry video, looks like 5.
Back to top Go down

Ulthwé are more terrifying than us
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: