HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

1,500 point list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Diurach
Slave

PostSubject: 1,500 point list   Mon Oct 16 2017, 15:42

So, first the disclaimer! This is my first attempt at putting together a competitive list which encompasses models I want to have rather than already have, so please go easy...

Having said that, I want it to be competitive so please feel free to rip it to shreds, much like an Incubi would a cowering Imperial Guardsman Twisted Evil Just please do it nicely lol!

Here goes:

Archon - Agoniser, Blast Pistol
Succubus

5 x Warriors - Blaster, riding in Venom

9 x Incubi - riding in Raider with Dark Lance and shock prow
9 x Wyches - Hekatrix with Agoniser, Hydragauntlets, riding in Raider with Dark Lance and shock prow

3 x Ravager - 3 Dark Lances

Voidraven

Total points used - 1,497

I will have the Archon accompany the Incubi and the Succubus accompany the Wyches. Their job will be to fly quickly round the battlefield mopping up small units and units that have been weakened by ranged weapons. The rest of the army is there to put out lots of firepower. The warriors will be able to capture objectives for me or screen if need be.

I'm sure there are a lot of things I have done that could be improved upon. I did have more special weapons in the army (for example blast pistols on the Succubus and Archon) but realised I couldn't fit that into the 1,500 points, so this could be an area of weakness. Please let me know your thoughts!

Thanks,

Diurach

NOTE: Do Dark Lances on Ravagers cost extra points? Or does the 95 points for a Ravager include the 3 Dark Lances? This could be my Waterloo...
Back to top Go down
Voidhawk
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point list   Tue Oct 17 2017, 13:23

Nothing except Special Characters come with their wargear/weapons. So yes you need to buy the Dark Lances on the Ravagers, putting them at 155pts each.

Your list looks mostly fine, though I think you may be over investing in melee at that points level. I've found Dark Eldar melee units want to be small, either because they don't need that many models to get the job done (Incubi) or their job is mostly just tying up units for a turn and then dying messilly (Wyches, Reavers).
Back to top Go down
Diurach
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point list   Tue Oct 17 2017, 17:12

Thanks for the reply. I read through the rules pdf online and the army book but couldn't see that rule - must try harder next time!

I see your point about the melee units. Where do you think the points are better invested? And at what level do you think this amount of melee is a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Darkin
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1,500 point list   Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:19

-so what I would do is don't play 4 Venoms, just put 2x5 man squads into raiders, will save you many points
-wyches and the succubus aren't good right now, if you want to play them than its fine, but they are not really that god especially without a transport
-let the archon hold obj's in the back and get 2x5 Incubi squads for a raider, you get free attack cuz you'll ge 2 klaivexes instead of 1 in one 10 man incubi squad

So cut the wyches buy raiders instead of Venoms and then if you have points left over, put in fillers like some mandrakes!
Back to top Go down

1,500 point list
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: