Share | 

2000 Tournament List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: 2000 Tournament List   Thu Oct 12 2017, 20:41

Hey all,

Thinking about signing up for a local tournament coming up in a few weeks to get my feet wet in the competitive scene. I've got most of these models, but wanted to get a read from everyone here before I paid for the rest. List first, explanation below.

Expandable list:

Should be pretty straightforward. Archons provide accurate Blasters and a PGL, Kabs do their ObSec thing. Khymerae either tear into T3 hordes, provide area denial, or contest objectives. Ravagers and Voidravens go after the big guns.

I know Razorwing Jets are the popular choice, but I figured for 14 points more I get a Voidraven with a weapon that's nearly as effective against high toughness, an significantly better against mid and low toughness. Plus a couple more wounds and the mind for mortal wounds. Seemed like an obvious choice to me, but correct me if I'm wrong there.

I think I covered most of the bases with this list - I've got plenty of high S for vehicles, lots of poison for nidzilla and daemons with invulns, 3 Voidravens for mortal wounds, and a healthy amount of poison and Khymerae combined should let me be kind of okay ish agianst infantry.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Tournament List   Fri Oct 13 2017, 09:54

It looks a little light on ani tank for me, I'd say take away a venom and kab squad and get a beast master with 3 clawed fiends. I haven't had a lot of luck with my khymerae but I also only run 5 pairs of them, so maybe they'll perform better in bigger numbers.
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Tournament List   Fri Oct 13 2017, 14:18

What would said Clawed Fiends do? what targets do you send them against?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Tournament List   Fri Oct 13 2017, 15:51

I've had a lot of luck throwing the clawed fiends up against light vehicles and tough infantry. They have pretty good staying power and 4 s5 attacks that do 2d each is nothing to sneeze at especially if they're getting buffed by the beastmaster.
Back to top Go down

2000 Tournament List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: