HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

First purchases

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Castellan Alaric
Slave

PostSubject: First purchases   Tue Oct 10 2017, 17:02

So this next week (hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday) I'm going to be offloading a large chunk of my marine army and delve into the DE. I am just curious what y'all think about purchases to start. My thinking is this:
2x start collecting
2x venom
1x scourge

I was planning on using some dark lances to convert up one of the raiders into a ravager (as they are out of stock in the US) and run 1x5 trueborn w/blasters and 3x5 kabalites with blasters. Do you think I need to skip the scourge and get another boat to have everyone riding in their own transport?

Thanks for the help y'all!
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Tue Oct 10 2017, 17:13

In regards to blasters. You'll only have 2 hand held ones from the start collecting boxes and 1 from the Scourges I believe. So you may end up one short. Feel free to convert a Raider but personally I wouldn't. As what seems to be a small starting force, have everyone riding in Raiders and let the two Archons rock it out in the Venom. Scourges are never a bad shout, but without proxying or having several box's/ spare guns. Your Scourges won't have a full matching set of guns such as lances, if that's what you want of course.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Tue Oct 10 2017, 17:35

Start collecting are always an excellent buy, and Scourges are very cheap and super cool to build/paint.

I'd recommend a Jetfighter. It's decently cheap, and it's in a better position than the Venoms right now.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Tue Oct 10 2017, 18:43

hi, venoms are important but as first buy i will take scouges and jetfighet. Scourges(in my opinion) are rly op gg and they didn't cost a lot. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Castellan Alaric
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Tue Oct 10 2017, 21:23

Thanks for the thoughts guys! I'll take it into consideration! I was really wanting a void raven, but I don't think I'll have enough for that right now :/ so maybe a jetfighter is a compromise Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Tue Oct 10 2017, 21:50

Yeah frankly the Voidraven is overpriced, but the Jetfighter is a great buy Smile

Slave

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Wed Oct 11 2017, 13:02

I myself have just started DE and bought two of the 'Start Collecting' boxes and I am very happy with them. While I can't speak for your other choices, I think these are a solid place to start your army.
Back to top Go down
Castellan Alaric
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Wed Oct 11 2017, 20:19

Thanks Diurach! Glad to know it's a solid starting spot.

Also, I know there are limited blasters in the DE kits, if you shaved off some of the spare spikes on the shredder, do you think you could make it at least passable as a blaster? Finding a bunch of blaster bits seems tedious lol I would imagine they wouldn't all be exactly the same like an astartes melta or plasma gun either, eh?

Thanks fellas!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Wed Oct 11 2017, 20:46

Quote :
if you shaved off some of the spare spikes on the shredder, do you think you could make it at least passable as a blaster?
The best and easiest way to do it is to glue a blast pistol head to a decapitated shredder.
Alternatively, shortening a Dark Lance is possible. But i prefer the previous option : it makes use of 2 useless weapons.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Wed Oct 11 2017, 23:29

Perfect. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: First purchases   Thu Oct 12 2017, 01:48

Blast pistol are great on wyches/bloodbrides, even melee archons now d:

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down

First purchases
View previous topic View next topic Back to top