HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Clothar
Slave

PostSubject: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Tue Oct 10 2017, 01:00

After waiting almost half a year for Razorwing Jetfighters to restock, I broke down and bought 3 used and poorly painted ones. They arrived yesterday and I am concerned about stripping these down. My stripping experience is mostly limited to old metal infantry models and the size of these Jetfighters is what is worrying me. Am I concerned about nothing? For stripping materials on hand I have LA Totally Awesome and a few streets over a friend of mine has both Super Clean and Simple Green if needed.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Tue Oct 10 2017, 03:37

I already stripped mine (bad white undercoat because of dry air, got all textured) and it went somewhat okay.

I mean the paint did go off well, but I had some problems with assembly and at some point the superglue got weakened and it openened a little bit.

Nothing to worry about though, I cleaned it, dried it and reglued it, went all fine.

I used glanzer (the green one) and it worked great.

Regarding the size, I used a bucket, put all the glanzer in, added RWJF and a weight si it stays fully under the liquid. At the end I used so coffee filters (2 at a time, change when paint clogs too much) and a funnel to refill the bottle ^^

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Tue Oct 10 2017, 15:23

I've used Dettol to good effect on plastic models without and loss of detail or destruction of glue Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters   Tue Oct 10 2017, 16:41

I'll test that, thanks you

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down

Stripping Razorwing Jetfighters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY ::