HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

2k Coven for an upcoming Tourne!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reaper'sMirth
Slave

PostSubject: 2k Coven for an upcoming Tourne!   Sun Oct 08 2017, 15:07

As this is a tournament list, I"m thinking i need to be prepared for all comers.

this is clearly an assault army. but with some anti tank to back it up.
I want some critque. Suspect

I dont want to touch wariors or wyches. its a coven. my scourges for the sake of fluff are modeled with Wrack heads

Air wing +1 CP
3x Lance Razerwings.

Coven Battalion +3 CP
2x Haemoculi - carrying the bomb!
3x wracks (no upgrades)
3x venoms. (2x canons)

Coven Vanguard +1 CP
1x Haemoculus - Electro whip. (warlord)
3x Grotesques - no upgrades
3x Raider w/lances

1x Blaster Scourges (4x blaster 1x blaster pistol and lance)

this hits 1999 on the nose. and with the 3 raiders the Grots would obviously be in them, with a haemoculus in each as well.

i therefore have 13 dark light guns, 8 CP, everything's on a transport.
feels ok, but i haven't played it yet. this week hopefully.
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven for an upcoming Tourne!   Sun Oct 08 2017, 16:54

Grotesques are a waste of points, they lack any serious role now. I'd rather pick anyting else in their points. You'd do much better just taking more Wracks or, if you need more umph and bigger bodies, take a unit of Talos.

Chippen
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven for an upcoming Tourne!   Sun Oct 08 2017, 17:14

Agree with the above poster, Grots are kind of a waste. For roughly the cost of a unit of 3 grots and their Raider, you can get a unit of 2 Talos. Stick 'em with the haemies and you've got at the very least a good Distraction Carnifex. But honestly you're better off filling the Raiders with more Wracks to get ObSec, Ossefactors, and as much if not more melee punch with Acothyst upgrades.

Give the Wracks Ossefactors, and the Acothyst an Electrocorrosive Whip or Agonizer if you can afford it.

I don't think the dual cannon upgrade on the Venoms is worth it. They're transporting melee units, so you're paying 15 points for 2 poison shots a turn. That's .444 repeating guardsmen killed per turn. For 15 points.

I'd drop the Blast Pistol and Lance from the Scourge, and give them Dark Lances instead. For one, your blasters are completely wasted in close combat, and anything but a vehicle will kill your Scourge in close combat. And at a tournament, no opponent is going to give you an opportunity to charge an important vehicle with deep strikers to tie it up. Better off keeping them at over 30" away (6" move plus bolter range) with Lances.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven for an upcoming Tourne!   Sun Oct 08 2017, 19:53

i see your point(s)

though, I'm just not sold on the Talos in this edition. (despite having 6 of them)
i cant how they will ever get into combat. (Cronos, completely pointless)

I suppose, I"m hoping to make them work. damnit, i want my coven to work.

i have the wracks to take it up to 5 units.

to me, the venoms with canons are worth it. purely for those poison shots. getting range and just moving all over the pace. thats a personal choice.

Scourges..... yeah. i see your point.

i think......1) i should play the grotesques to see it.(i suppose i should do the same with multi talos 2) consider a shuffle. ì really want the coven to work.
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven for an upcoming Tourne!   Mon Oct 09 2017, 08:48

I don't think getting Talos into combat is too hard, they have decent movement for a foot slogger, and if you have enough Los terrain on your board you should be able to shelter them from turn 1 fire.

I find Talos lackluster once they are actually in combat, not enough attacks, and not able to take out vehicles means they aren't able to be anti horde or anti armour. So they basically need to be sent against elite infantry. Or just use them to keep pressure on shooty units.

Thought about switching.out a unit of grots for a large unit of incubi? Would give you some decent melee AP. Plus they are mercs, so covens would hire them too, making it fluffy Smile

Or you could go mandrakes to distract them while your wracks and grots get into combat.
Back to top Go down
Reaper'sMirth
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven for an upcoming Tourne!   Mon Oct 09 2017, 14:40

i do have 2 boats full of incubi to field. I"ve been using them in a Ynnari build and they scare the crap out of people. (while they forget about the swooping hemlock doom)

thats a good though, kinda cheaper too, so i can add more wracks to shield.

Back to top Go down

2k Coven for an upcoming Tourne!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: