Share | 

D.E 2-0 T.E

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: D.E 2-0 T.E   Fri Sep 29 2017, 16:06

Had two 1500pt games last week against my friends Tau. Both of us were just testing the waters with these armies and it helped us get a lot of insight into how our armies work and what we need to improve on.

This was my list for game 1;
Archon
Agoniser, Blaster, pgl

TROOPS:

5 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster,

5 Kabalite Warriors
Blaster,

9 Wyches
Blaster, Phantasm GL
1 Razorflail, 2 Hydra Gauntlets
8 Splinter Pistol, 1 Blast Pistol

ELITES:
10 Kabalite Trueborn PGL
3 Blasters

5 Incubi
Dual Blade Demiklaives

DEDICATED TRANSPORT

Raider
Dis Cannon, Shock Prow

Raider
Dis Cannon, Shock Prow

3x Venom
Twin Splinter Rifle, Splinter Cannon

FAST ATTACK
5 Scourge
4 Blasters

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager
Triple Dark Lance
Shock Prow

AIR SUPPORT
Voidraven Bomber

Grand Total:1499

His list was roughly;

Commander with all missile loadout
Stormsurge w/ destroyer rockets, S.M.A.R.T missiles, pulse driver and burst cannon
3 crisis with cyclic cannons
Fireblade
Ghostkeel
2 x 10 Pathfinder (2 rail rifles each) Teams with Cadre Fireblade
Fast attack 10x Drone Squad

He took first turn and during deployment he dropped Ghostkeel in my deployment. Pealed wounds off my Ravager but it survived, unfortunately because he castled at the back it meant his stormsurge didn't get to attack this turn except for one weapon which flunked its dice roll, commander and crisis were in reserve, pathfinders shot all markerlights so no damage from them.

My first turn I shot my voidraven into the Ghostkeel killing its drones and knocking it to five wounds, the Ravager and it's unit on board took it down to one wound. shot into the Pathfinders and only killed drones. Gunned my wyches up the board utilising cover to try and get to the stormsurge.

TURN 2:
He drops his crisis suits in cover in my deployment zone looking to finish off the ravager...which they do, the Ghostkeel went for a Venom and blew it up, leaving my incubi in the middle of the board. More markerlight spam to try and take down the Wych Raider with my Archon. Storm surge fires and kills another Venom and removes 4 wounds off of another raider.

My turn my Venom arrives on the Ghostkeel, they disembark, I drop my scourges next to Stormsurge to and none of their blasters get through his saves, the wyches pistol their way in and the Archon shoots to. Through overwatch they lose three but succeed the charge, by end of combat I've stripped it down to 12 wounds. A Raider finishes off the Ghostkeel, crew takes off two wounds from a crisis suit, second raider and crew takes another suit, incubi charge a unit of pathfinders, lose 1 model from cover save and wreck the entire unit (3 left and lost morale so the rest died).

TURN 3:
Fires with the Crisis, knocks 4 wounds off a raider, the pathfinders kill another Incubi, the Stormsurge walks out of combat and kills the Venom, Scourges and all but one Wych, the Archon lives to but with 4 wounds remaining.

Last Venom shoots at stormsurge, knocks out another 4 wounds (Cool Wyches and Archon shoot (5) I charge back in, the Wych dies, but the Archon makes it and has one wound left after overwatch, in combat he knocks the stormsurge to one wound, the stormsurge does nothing back, the Archon lives! Incubi move across the board for a charge next turn into the pathfinders. Raider kills the last crisis, second raider fires into pathfinders killing another three drones.

TURN 4:
He forgets about the Archon and shoots everything from his remaining commander and stormsurge into my Raiders and Venom bomber, knocking the bomber to 5 wounds and the raider explodes, killing 4 trueborn inside.

I charge with my Archon, he survives overwatch and kills the Stormsurge, he is then kicked to the face by the Commander and meets his end. Last raider and bomber fire into the Commander, do 3 wounds, Incubi mow through another Pathfinder squad leaving two alive...

At this point friend calls it, I win with 6VP - 2VP

Have to admit the Scourges were probably the worst thing in the list, everything else did something, they fired...did nothing and then died :/

Game two I dropped a Venom and the Wyches for a unit of Harlies and the skyweaver.

This time he did more of a castle with his pathfinders and ghost keel upfront, so I went for these first, Incubi at the first group, Harlies at the second (I went first) and by the end of turn 1 one group was completely gone, the other group only had two left.

Then I just played a game of cat and mouse around the board keeping objectives and scoring linebreaker with the scourges.

Didn't take down the stormsurge this game but still took out the crisis suit pack, ghostkeel and commader. He took out one of my raiders, the full Harlie squad (after they killed his commander) and both Venoms.
In the end it was a crushing defeat as I gained linebreaker, captured 5 of the objectives uncontested, scored first blood and kill the warlord.

He had 1 objective, linebreaker and that was it, so 8-2.

REFLECTION:
Really liking the way D.E play and really liking Blasters and Lances. Will probably swap out the dissies for lances and see how they go or run them on the Scourges to see if that helps them become more proficient. Flyer was ok but never really made its points back in both games (except for being a draw fire distraction). Really liking Incubi and Harlies are far better than Wyches.

Just bought two Tantalus, the Ynnari triumvirate, some Harlies and two razorwings, so gonna try that build in the next few weeks and then a Ynnari build shortly after.

lcfr

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Fri Sep 29 2017, 16:26

I'm surprised your Incubi weren't instantly deleted when they forcibly disembarked their transport, was that an oversight of your opponent's or was it just not a possibility at the time?

Any general advice for taking on Tau based on your experience from this game?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Fri Sep 29 2017, 16:51

Congratulations ! It's always nice to hear about victories and successful raids Smile

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Fri Sep 29 2017, 17:23

@lcfr wrote:
I'm surprised your Incubi weren't instantly deleted when they forcibly disembarked their transport, was that an oversight of your opponent's or was it just not a possibility at the time?

It was the last thing he had to fire. So he popped the transport but there was nothing else that could fire that turn to hit my incubi.

@lcfr wrote:
Any general advice for taking on tau based on your experience from this game?

Both times I have used terrain and range to ideally neuter him for a turn or so. For instance the second game he castled up behind a rock surrounding two objectives, so I used the impassable to completely hide what I wanted to advance and moved out what could fire to hit him when I could, this allowed me to lock down the table and hold most of the objectives (because if he spit up his defensive position he couldn't bring enough firepower against me.

The thing that really stuck out to me was that once drones are out of the way, infantry and crisis crumble. So my void mine second game aimed at his unit of ten drones and killed 6, with them out of the way not taking all the saves I was able to really start ripping through. My general shooting priorities went;

-Ghostkeel
- Crisis
-Pathfinders
-Commander
- Stormsurge

wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Fri Sep 29 2017, 23:32

ask your friend if you can use a spare part of the stormsurge sprue to add on to your archon! killing a stormsurge is quite a feat! great game, nice to get some new slaves...

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Sat Sep 30 2017, 01:38

@wormfromhell wrote:
ask your friend if you can use a spare part of the stormsurge sprue to add on to your archon! killing a stormsurge is quite a feat! great game, nice to get some new slaves...

That's a great idea...might ask him next week as he is still a bit salty from the double win Wink

CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Thu Oct 05 2017, 21:17

Congratulations fellow Archon!

I'm torn about the scourges too. Thought about using them with dark lances but a Ravager costs the same and is much more resilient. So only deep strike as a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Fri Oct 06 2017, 04:00

@CptMetal wrote:
Congratulations fellow Archon!

I'm torn about the scourges too. Thought about using them with dark lances but a Ravager costs the same and is much more resilient. So only deep strike as a bonus.

I really like the idea of Scourges and love the models so I really want to find a way to make them work. I know I have rolled bad for them each time and they have just been wiped off the board straight after, but maybe with some luck they may do their points worth in a game soon tongue

Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Fri Oct 06 2017, 09:57

Scourges work great if you also field some CC in your army.
In a shooting only list, they easily become target n1, and die fast.
If you have some beasts, some incubi or things like that running at the enemy, it's easier for the scourges to not get destroyed.

Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   Sun Oct 08 2017, 11:38

@Mppqlmd wrote:
Scourges work great if you also field some CC in your army.
In a shooting only list, they easily become target n1, and die fast.
If you have some beasts, some incubi or things like that running at the enemy, it's easier for the scourges to not get destroyed.

I had Incubi and a squad of wyches with my Archon, he chose to kill the Scourges because he had wiped out most of the wyches from moving out of combat and firing and the Incubi were still in their transport.

PostSubject: Re: D.E 2-0 T.E   

Back to top Go down

D.E 2-0 T.E
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: