HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Gimmick ideas for Archons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Sat Sep 23 2017, 12:37

Our leaders have been at the top of the heap for a while. Some of them may have developed... lets call them eccentricities. This thread is to compile ideas for the craziest and awesomeness ideas for the expressions of power-mad insanity that an archon may exhibit.

1) Mr Puppet is talking: The Archon uses the severed head of an enemy, be it an enemy commander or an uppity lieutenant, as a ventriloquist dummy in casual situations. Y'know, as you do.

2) You are unworthy to hear my voice: The Archon only speaks to his favored lieutenants. All others must hear his words through the mouth of a slave who has the Archon's thoughts agonizingly projected into his brain via arcane technology.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Sun Sep 24 2017, 01:16

Schemes within Schemes: Deploy as per usual, then before any turns are started (whether you won going first or not) Redeploy your entire force as you see fit.

Arrogance: When faced with an enemy character, if the final wound is made by that character, kill that character as well (cannot be the opponents Lord)

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Sun Sep 24 2017, 23:09

Argument in the chamber: the archon dons his clone field and then immediately begins arguing with him/her self in their own chambers. Each clone seems to take on its own personality as the archon argues about strategy, tactics, plots, schemes and anything else. The argument lasts until each clone is convinced that the original is correct.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Sun Sep 24 2017, 23:15

@Archon_91 wrote:
Argument in the chamber: the archon dons his clone field and then immediately begins arguing with him/her self in their own chambers. Each clone seems to take on its own personality as the archon argues about strategy, tactics, plots, schemes and anything else. The argument lasts until each clone is convinced that the original is correct.

I love it! Archon desperately in need of some intelligent conversation I see!

Humiliating dance of defeat: the Archon, upon taking an enemy commander alive after a raid, has them fleshsculpted into an attractive female of his specifications and forces them to dance and entertain at his court. Nothing like having a former World Eater lord giving your guests a strip tease to demonstrate just how thoroughly you break your enemies.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Sun Sep 24 2017, 23:15

I would love a situation with an Archon's clone field where, kinda similarly to the movie "The Prestige", you don't know who's the clone and who's the original anymore.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Sun Sep 24 2017, 23:22

I am everywhere: The Archon rules his court from a remote location via flesh puppet/hologram, or even several of them, allowing him to be in multiple places at once while also being virtually impossible to kill.

I am everyone: The entire Kabal has been fleshsculpted to be identical to the Archon, making assassinating him a real nightmare and demonstrating just how much he likes to look at his own face. He even has a choir of his own Kabalites who echo everything he says, just to add to the creepy factor.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Mon Sep 25 2017, 02:31

Flesh of a thousand souls: The archon has had a flesh suit sculpted of every commander they have faced on the battlefield and any they have seen or heard of throughout the galaxy, each suit is built with arcane technology to perfectly imitate the size/posture/mannerisms and voice of the copied individual to the extent the archon has forgotten, while wearing the suit, they are not infact the individual they are impersonating and as such has crafted next to impossible clues into each suit to remind them they are infact true kin ... The archon has used these suits to infiltrate lesser race bases and planets to sew confusion and distrust amongst the masses. The archon has even been known to lead raids wearing these suits to brew even more distrust in the lesser races. (Truly petty diabolics in terms of the true kin but still funny none the less)
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Mon Sep 25 2017, 06:45

Body double: Any self respecting Archon never leaves on a raid without some resoundingly similar decoys. When an Archon is your Warlord, do not award Victory Points for his death until every friendly Archon has been removed from play.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Mon Sep 25 2017, 09:54

oh boy this is hylarious!

Fraud Archon: the archon has been assassinated a long time ago. His favourite clone has been clever enough not to tell anyone. He is impersonating the archon since forever, but his ineptitude is costing the Kabal dearly. Now he is always on the edge of assassination and is surrounded by clones...clones of a clone, who are scheming to kill him and share the power by not reporting that the "original" is dead...
In game effect: the archon has no special abilities and replaces the Keyword Archon with Fraud. If killed he does not grant victory points.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Mon Sep 25 2017, 10:03

@FuelDrop wrote:
1) Mr Puppet is talking: The Archon uses the severed head of an enemy, be it an enemy commander or an uppity lieutenant, as a ventriloquist dummy in casual situations. Y'know, as you do.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Gimmick ideas for Archons   Mon Sep 25 2017, 11:03

Seems a little too Alpha Legion to me, but I do like the idea of the Kabal Choir and at least one or two body doubles ;P

Gimmick ideas for Archons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: