HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which armies have been giving you trouble?
Space Marines
11%
 11% [ 4 ]
Imperial Guard
45%
 45% [ 17 ]
Adeptus Mechanicus
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Chaos
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Orks
8%
 8% [ 3 ]
Aeldari
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
T'au
3%
 3% [ 1 ]
Tyranids
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Genestealer Cults
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Other
4%
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Burnage
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Fri Sep 15 2017, 22:25

Just curious about people's experiences so far in 8th edition. Imperial Guard seems a hot topic, but are any other armies causing problems in particular for the Dark Eldar? I must admit I've been having trouble handling Orks - the sheer number of bodies that they can put down, combined with their strength in hand-to-hand, makes them feel very difficult to deal with.

Apologies for the limited poll, had to choose a maximum of 10 options!
Back to top Go down
Deris87
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 03:22

So the only votes so far are for horde armies. Color me surprised.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 03:49

Eh, I've been having trouble with Marines based around Preds and Girly man. Otherwise, hordes are the bane of my existence.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 10:33

I would say IG (of course) and AdMek (because they laugh at splinter weapons).
Those are my difficult match-ups.

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 15:54

The biggest trouble I've had in 8e has been from Slaanesh Chaos Marines, but with the new codex I don't know how rough they are anymore.
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:04

I've got a friend who plays a mechanised emperors children army that I just can't beat. Tried everything except covens.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:32

Index EC or just-released-Codex EC?
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:47

Codex Emperor's Children. I was doing fine against the index, maybe 50/50 but codex is like 10/90 at best.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 20:49

Huh. I was winning most of my games against Index EC, but only by the skin of my teeth. I thought Codex EC lost the retaliatory strike; what did they gain that's so much better?
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sat Sep 16 2017, 21:15

Always striking first in combat is pretty big, even with how little melee dark eldar has. If you charge with two units of incubi, one is dying before they get attacks off. Chaos psykers got great powers, and slaanesh's extra power is a 5+FnP. Obliterators are now really good, expecially against raiders. And daemon engines with invulns are the bane of darklight.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?   Sun Sep 17 2017, 00:02

@Gorgon wrote:
Always striking first in combat is pretty big, even with how little melee dark eldar has. If you charge with two units of incubi, one is dying before they get attacks off. Chaos psykers got great powers, and slaanesh's extra power is a 5+FnP. Obliterators are now really good, expecially against raiders. And daemon engines with invulns are the bane of darklight.

Yeah. Oblits went from 2 shots per model to 4, while I think they also got a price cut. So that doubled their damage output from that. Add to that the Slaaneshi stratagem that allows them to fire twice in a single phase and that three man squad can deep strike and output 24 shots that you cannot really counter, and with the right HQs those shots are hitting on 2's (Psychic power) and rerolling 1's (Chaos Lord).

Splitting fire (to put out 3 sets of 8 shots, say. or 2 groups of 12 if you want to be absolutely certain), you're practically guaranteed to shred multiple DE vehicles first turn with that deep strike, and the DE have no real counters to that beyond hoping to get lucky with our 5++ saves.

Which armies are causing the most difficulties for us?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: