HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Superheavy Gunship?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Superheavy Gunship?   Fri Sep 15 2017, 00:16

So I have been toying with an idea. What if our lord of war was a flier, basically a DE version of a Specter AC 130 gunship, circling the battlefield and providing heavy air support.

Was thinking the loadout could be something like this:
Quad Void Lance (4 shot void lance)
Twin Extended Barrel Dark Scythes (2 36" range Dark Scythes)
Shardstorm Cannon (Basically an assault 20 splinter cannon)

What do you think?

EDIT: Yes it's a lot of firepower, but not excessive compared to some other lords of war.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Superheavy Gunship?   Fri Sep 15 2017, 00:39

Sounds pretty awesome. With the state of the universe in the fluff, I don't think it would be too unlikely for Dark Eldar to start fielding some heavy hitters
Back to top Go down
AshCrow
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Superheavy Gunship?   Fri Sep 15 2017, 06:51

I still daydream about a possible super heavy grotesque-ish model made by a haemy like urien. Maybe something similar to the skaven abomination. So a big grotesque made of grotesques, something imp knight size. Lol
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Superheavy Gunship?   Fri Sep 15 2017, 09:55

I guess what you're talking about would be our equivelant of a Marauder Bomber or Marauder Destroyer.
Ultimately I guess, our version of the Eldar Vampire Hunter or Vampire Raider.

As Eldar vehicles that would be a good place to start.

The thought would be, what would its purpose be? What would it need to do on a slave raid?
The most logical thing I see is either a heavy seige engine, something designed to knock down walls, or heavy suppressing fire. Something to knock down opposition for a raid.
I like your ideas, but I'm tempted to suggested dropping the Void Lances in favour of some kind of multiple-shot missile launcher, using Razorwing or Voidraven missiles. SOmething to either punch, or suppress.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Superheavy Gunship?   Fri Sep 15 2017, 10:32

I saw it as a platform for eliminating high priority targets. Enemy superheavies, for instance. The shardstorm cannon is indeed there for supression fire.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Superheavy Gunship?   Fri Sep 15 2017, 10:33

For its slave raid use, I would possibly say it would be for bringing down even the most fortified positions, as with the events of the gathering storm and chaos on the rise I can see imperial world's bunkering up fairly heavily
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Superheavy Gunship?   Fri Sep 15 2017, 10:48

With all the tumoilt going on, I don't think our arsenal needs to be entirely slave-raid based. There are countless superweapons possessed by various Kabals (Dark Heart, Dying Sun), why would a big mean bomber fall out of that picture?

URIEN
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Superheavy Gunship?   Tue Sep 19 2017, 12:48

The Dias is supposed to be monstrous in size, as described in one of the books I believe. Just the Dais with Vect'd make me very happy indeed!!!

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Superheavy Gunship?   Tue Sep 19 2017, 13:16

URIEN wrote:
The Dias is supposed to be monstrous in size, as described in one of the books I believe. Just the Dais with Vect'd make me very happy indeed!!!

Vect? That's crazy talk! There is no precedent for Vect or the Dais having actual models...

Oh wait...

Superheavy Gunship?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: