HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...   Sun Sep 03 2017, 07:16

@Lord Johan wrote:
@amishprn86 wrote:
Here is a test for the Tantalus version

https://i.imgur.com/Sh6upiD.gifv

Cool ship! What scale are you thinking, bigger than Tantalus if it's LoW and Tantalus is just Heavy Support?

I wanted it to be big, but not Super Heaver stats, i wanted it to be a survivable monster that is scare if it gets close to infantry, tho MC/Vehicle blocking would be a good strategy against it.

I also didnt want it to have large fire power, just 4 Splinter rifles, however it would have a nice melee profile. It would also have No-escape rule.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...   Sun Sep 03 2017, 10:15

"When you move over an infantry unit it does D3 mortal Wounds, on a roll of a 4+ you gain a Slave token, if then unit contains 5 models or more on a 3+ gain a Slave token, if the unit contains 10 or more models on a 2+ you gain a Slave token. Each time this model gains a Slave Token that unit takes an additional D3 Mortal Wounds"

So this model can only do up to 6 wounds a turn, but its going to be a large army buff model and AI model.

Slave Token chart; All Drukhari units with 12" gain these buffs based on Slave Tokens

1) Gain +1 LD, all enemy units within 12" are -1 LD
2) Add 1 turn to the PFP Chart
3) Gain +1 to Inured to Suffering and Coven get +2 instead
4) All units gain +1 Attack
5) All units gain +1 Strength
6) All units gain, on a wound roll of 6, Deal 1 additional Mortal Wound

The Idea is that number 6 is the most important one, but Number 1 is a Great way to keep larger units alive more and to give DE another LD modifier, it acts like a "Moral" buff/Debuff

Number 2 and 3, i feel we need some modifiers to the PFP chart, if our Codex gets them then this can change.

4-5 are just Melee buffs, more design to help Wcyhes and Coven melee for late game hard hitters.

Go here to discuss it so we can stay on topic about LoW's
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t16348-new-unit-slave-harvester#197862

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
angelrei
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...   Thu Sep 07 2017, 04:08

Why not steal a wraith knight and have a haem play around with it so it wont require a soul stone pilot, maybe graft some poor wrack or warrior into that part then just add some spikey bits,trophies, paint it black, give it a new weapon, like say a Dark Lance Cannon Heavy D3 S12 AP-5 D2D6 and maybe give its melee weapon option be a whip maybe something like Void Whip 6" Assault 6 S6 AP -3 D3, Melee S8 AP-4 DD6. For shoulder options maybe some new anti horde missile Launcher like Misery Launcher Heavy 20 S* AP- D1 with typical poison wounding. then for normal shoulder options say twin linked dissingrators or dark lances.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...   Thu Sep 07 2017, 04:25

Isnt there a Super Heavy style Coven guy in the fluff? Who is that?

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
angelrei
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...   Thu Sep 07 2017, 04:29

a super heavy coven guy makes me think of this guy
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...   Thu Sep 07 2017, 04:56

I'd kinda like to see a Haemonculs creation similar to a Maulerfiend (though obviously in the DE/Coven style), and with a platform on top for a single Haemonculus.

He gets a great view of the carnage his creation causes.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...   Thu Sep 07 2017, 06:17

I mean this is SERIOUSLY unrealistic, but one LoW per "branch" would be nice.

Vect + DoD (Toughness 8 16 wound 2+/5++ Ravager with 6 man transport capacity and open topped, 3 Void Lances, and BS 2+) could be the Kabal Lord of War.

Slave Harvester (suggested in another thread) would make a cool Wych LoW.

And of course there have been plenty of awesome suggestions for Coven LoWs.

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...   Thu Sep 07 2017, 06:57

I've long been tempted to get a Glotkin and add some Haemonculi puppet masters, using it as a 'counts as' Wraithknight.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down

The Tantalus was the brainchild of a mad Archon with a penchant for engineering...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: