3-Dex DE?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Sun Aug 20 2017, 23:12

No...... DE only needs 1 book.

If DE needs 3-4 then CWE needs 3-4 also and CSM needs 5-7 and SM needs 12 etc...

Aeldari will already have 3-4 books we dont need 9-13

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 00:44

@DevilDoll wrote:
@Barrywise wrote:
I predict Dark Eldar Codex will be paired with Harlies. But we shall see...

This... I would bet on this

Codex: Harlequins (with some other dudes that tagged along)

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 07:45

I agree, I would rather have 1 good book, then 3-4 with each of them not enough in them to make an army.
One of the reasons what I hated about 7 is that for a single army i could need 3+ books. And that would increase if I wanted to have allies.
I would love it if the dark eldar and harlequins get 1 book and become more or less one army again. Webway dwellers or something.

I doubt we are going to get new units, I even doubt we are going to get specific kabals/covens rules etc.
Ask your average 40k player and he can name multiple marine chapters, but unless they play dark eldar or are very lore happy most will not be able to name one coven/cult or kabal. Even orks etc are better known I think. So I doubt we will get kabal specific boosts. Although I hope I am wrong, expecially considering how good the chapter tactics are.

I am more hoping that they make all our current options usable, since I doubt they will ad a lot, although a few usefull HQ options would be nice.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 08:24

@FuelDrop wrote:
@DevilDoll wrote:
@Barrywise wrote:
I predict Dark Eldar Codex will be paired with Harlies. But we shall see...

This... I would bet on this

Codex: Harlequins (with some other dudes that tagged along)

Harlequins are not their own army they will get their own book. GW has stated many times current armies will stay as armies with their own codex's

The question is, are the 2 odd books from 7th Ynnari book and IA book) are they considered their own armies?

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 08:57

GW want's to push Ynnari.
Thus I think it will get it's own book. The question will be will it be a suppliment needing the other books, or will it be the one book I can use to have an craftworld, dark and harlequin army even if I miss the special rules and gain pfd instead?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 09:35

I think 3 codexes for DW would be rubbish. Aside from the financial cost, there are not enough units for each sub-faction to warrant a full codex.

I didn't start collecting DE so I could use one third of my collection. I want a unified DE raiding force with some neat synergy between the units.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:41

why are people saying that we wont get any new units? im convinced we will get Vect again this edition since all the new codices seem to have some kind of super character for each army that buffs it (girly man/chapter master, Abbadon, Mortarion...).
Ok its more of a hope than conviction but yeah...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:46

There have been rumours of a new Vect model for a long time now but nothing ever appears.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:46

@Count Adhemar wrote:
There have been rumours of a new Vect model for a long time now but nothing ever appears.

Maybe they will show it before releasing the codex like they did for mortarion...
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:49

Frankly, we have one of the smallest unit lists of a full army (as opposed to a supplement army like the Harliquins or the Genestealer Cults). We would be a great candidate for expansion.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:52

@DevilDoll wrote:
why are people saying that we wont get any new units?

Because there is no appreciable evidence that we will get new units.

GW is too busy scaling up Marines to bother giving us any toys.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:54

@FuelDrop wrote:
Frankly, we have one of the smallest unit lists of a full army (as opposed to a supplement army like the Harliquins or the Genestealer Cults). We would be a great candidate for expansion.

Unfortunately I think we're stuck in a vicious circle. We don't get new models because the existing models don't sell. The models don't sell because the rules are garbage. Because the models don't sell they don't revisit the rules often and when they do they don't give them much thought.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: 3-Dex DE?   Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:13

@FuelDrop wrote:

We have a large army for model wise for being a new army in late 3rd (1998) and only getting 1 major update. (2010) We went 10yrs without any updates

Tau saw an update in 6th (or was it early 7th?) and also a supplement book and WD mini updates. For being a newer army than DE they have received more updates. They also saw more units/updates in FW than DE as well.

Tau came out in 2001 only 3yrs after DE so they fit closely together time wise and they both where "Niche" armies at the time (IMO), thats why i went more into detail with them.

So IMO it wasnt about model sell count, and GW has statement MANY times between 1996-2015 that they work on armies and models when they feel motivated to and not based on sales.

It was only in 7th that changed.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down

3-Dex DE?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY ::