HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Does this List Look Fun?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Does this List Look Fun?   Tue Aug 15 2017, 00:10

I'm set to play a game tomorrow against a couple of people (2 1000pt lists against my 2000pt lists). It's going to be a casual game and I don't think they've played many games of 8th, so I'm trying to avoid bringing one of my more typical lists (which tend to lack variety and might be a bit strong).

So, I've tried to come up with something that uses DE elements I don't normally bother with (Wracks, Incubi and such). With that in mind, how does this look:

Battalion
Scourge Lord (Swooping Hawk Autarch) w/ Power Sword, Reaper Launcher - 128
Archon w/ Huskblade, Blaster, PGL - 82
Haemonculus w/ Electrocorrosive Whip, Crucible of malediction - 83

5 Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster - 50
- Raider w/ Dark Lance, Shock prow - 116
- Venom w/ 2x Splinter Cannon - 95
5 Wracks w/ Ossefactor, Venom Blade - 72

5 Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster, Agoniser, PGL - 122
5 Incubi - 90
3 Grotesques + Grotesque w/ Electrocorrosive Whip, Monstrous Cleaver - 162
- Raider w/ Dark Lance, Shock prow - 116
5 Mandrakes - 95

5 Scourges w/ 4x Dark Lance, Agoniser - 154

Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lance - 155

2000pts (6CP)

The Autarch is because I wanted to use a Scourge-type HQ (modelled as such), and a winged Autarch seems about as close as I can get. He'll be sticking with the Scourges if only for flavour (both will be deep striking in).

The Archon will go with the Raider-Warrior squad, the Haemonculus will go with the Grotesques. I was considering dropping the Archon's Huskblade and something else to swap out one of my Dark Lances for a Disintegrator. Any thoughts?

In general though, what I want to know is if this list looks fun without being really bad?

Last edited by The Shredder on Tue Aug 15 2017, 09:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Does this List Look Fun?   Tue Aug 15 2017, 09:04

List looks fine for a casual game or two. Some of the units are decent rather than amazing, but nothing there is terrible.

Are you giving them a 500 point head start playing against 2 × 1000 points lists?

Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Does this List Look Fun?   Tue Aug 15 2017, 09:08

@Kantalla wrote:
List looks fine for a casual game or two. Some of the units are decent rather than amazing, but nothing there is terrible.

Are you giving them a 500 point head start playing against 2 × 1000 points lists?

Ah, no, I just wrote down the final points wrong - it should say 2000pts.

I'm so used to making 1500pt lists my brain must have switched to auto-pilot. Razz

Thanks for taking a look. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Does this List Look Fun?   Tue Aug 15 2017, 17:43

Seems like a versatile and fun list! Very Happy
A challenge without being overpowered,
Fun without sacrificing too much efficiency. I hope you have fun with it!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Does this List Look Fun?   Tue Aug 15 2017, 20:55

If only we could submit the idea of a "Scourge Lord" to GW as a possible HQ option :/ or at least an elite fast attack ... Just a character for the scourge ... And same with the Mandrake's a "Mandrake lord" would be awesome, but the list does look fun to play shouldn't be overwhelming for new players in that they actually do stand at least some chance of winning.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Does this List Look Fun?   Tue Aug 15 2017, 21:13

Quote :
If only we could submit the idea of a "Scourge Lord"

Or the option for Wings on our regular HQs..or Bikes..or Skyboards..

Regardless, this is a little tangential

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Does this List Look Fun?   Tue Aug 15 2017, 23:15

Well, long story short I underestimated the experience of my opponents (I thought at least one of them might have been relatively new. Nope. Razz ). By turn 3, I had 1 Raider, my 3 HQs (the Haemonculus was down to 1 wound and stuck in a doomed combat with a single surviving Grotesque) and 2 Scourges really wishing they were elsewhere.

Oh well, it was still fun and certainly a learning experience (this was my first game with DE).

Units I liked:
- Ravager (Solid mobile fire-base)
- Venoms (I underestimated how fragile these are. I'll have to be a lot more careful with them next time - this game I lost most of them as a result of getting into rapid-fire range early on.)
- Raiders (A lot more durable than Venoms. I'll have to make more use of them in future.)
- Warriors (Considering their cost, these guys were great.)
- Trueborn (Just a pretty solid unit.)
- Dark Lance Scourges (hitting on 4s the turn they arrive is a little irritating, but being able to avoid fire for a turn and then put them anywhere on the table - like the top floor of a ruin - is useful. Not sure if I'd take them over a Ravager, but I only own 1 Ravager so they'll do.)

Units that were okay:
- My Autarch/Scourge Lord (He put some wounds on a Battlewagon with his Reaper Launcher but I really don't think he was worth 128 points. It's a shame because I really like the model I made of him, even if it is rather simple. The only upside is that I at least don't need to set aside space for him in a transport.)
- Incubi (I'm giving these guys a pass purely because their transport was destroyed on turn 1, killing 2 and leaving the remainder stranded. I'm dubious that they'd be worth it even if they had got into combat, but I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.)
- Archon (He's the worst DE HQ, except for all the others. At least he's cheap and can take a Blaster.)
- Mandrakes (Did a bit of damage to a tactical squad and then got wiped out by said squad in the enemy turn. I'll give them another try but they certainly haven't impressed me so far.)

Units I probably won't use again:
- Wracks (Shooting did nothing, useless in melee.)
- Grotesques (Charged into an ork mob with a Haemonculus and a Raider to soak overwatch and managed to do did basically nothing before getting slaughtered in return.)
- Haemonculus (He wasn't awful, I just don't like any of the units I'd use with him.)

@Archon_91 wrote:
If only we could submit the idea of a "Scourge Lord" to GW as a possible HQ option :/ or at least an elite fast attack ... Just a character for the scourge ... And same with the Mandrake's a "Mandrake lord" would be awesome

Have you been reading my Christmas list? Wink

@TheBaconPope wrote:
Quote :
If only we could submit the idea of a "Scourge Lord"

Or the option for Wings on our regular HQs..or Bikes..or Skyboards..

Regardless, this is a little tangential

It's fine. I never object to a good tangent. Unless it's also a radius.

Regarding my 'Scourge Lord', I really don't know what to use him as. Am I right in thinking that the Swooping Hawk Autarch is the only Eldar HQ with wings?

I guess I could use him as Baharroth. Any idea what he's like?

Otherwise, do you guys know of any other Eldar HQs that might make a better Scourge Lord?
Back to top Go down

Does this List Look Fun?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: