HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Does Anyone use a Brigade?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sat Aug 12 2017, 19:17

Basically the title. Just curious as to whether anyone uses a Brigade detachment for their army? If so, what do you take in it?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sat Aug 12 2017, 19:31

I do sometimes. I like running triple Ravagers, some Incubi in Raiders, a Doom Farseer, and usually a Warlock to pad out the HQ taxes.
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sat Aug 12 2017, 21:19

I used it in a 3000pt match. As for what I took, it was practically 1 of everything, it was my first 8th match so I was experimenting.
It can be taken in much smaller games if you really want those 9CP.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sat Aug 12 2017, 22:22

Oh, I was thinking the 6 CP one. Doh.

I've done a brigade once. 3 Hellions, 3 Ravagers, 4 units of Incubi in Raiders, 6 units of Warriors on Foot, a Farseer and some Warlocks. (This was right before the new errata dropped and Ynnari had to bring one of the triad.)

I got facewrecked.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sun Aug 13 2017, 04:40

For anything lower than 2500 points the restrictions are way, way too high to build a coherent force that is worth the extra command points.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
drynwyn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sun Aug 13 2017, 05:31

Not with Dark Eldar, but I had some success with a Daemons of Tzeentch brigade at 75 power levels.
I brought a Lord of Change and 2 Heralds as the mandatory HQ's, 60 pink horrors in 6 10-man squads, 2 Exalted Flamers, some Screamers, and some Flamers.

Worked out pretty well. Gets a lot of mortal wounds on the board, and the pink horrors clean up infantry and tie things up reasonably well.

For Dark Eldar, however, I'm of a mind with TeenageAngst. Our Troops and HQ aren't strong enough point-for-point to justify building a Brigade. Mostly, this is because Transports are a necessity for Dark Eldar units, but are (obviously) the same cost whether you put Trueborn or Warriors in them. So troops are discouraged. And, of course, our HQ's still just aren't very good (though borrowing from Craftworld can help there if you don't mind breaking flavor.)
Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sun Aug 13 2017, 08:17

I personally love spamming kabalites (2x 5 man squads in Raiders with blasters just feels like a good, inexpensive all round unit) and I've been doing good in 8e so far - no tournament player but vs friends who try to build good lists. I'm not going to say it's the best way to build DE.

Anyway, so if you have this mentality and were going to bring 6 squads of kabalites for your 2000pts game anyway, you could consider that brigade is 58pts (archon) + 84 pts (3medusae) + 60pts (3 khymerae) to get you 6 command points. Assuming you weren't going to bring elites or fast attack - if you do bring incubi then it's less.

Never tried it because rather than so many extra CP i would rather have an extra Ravager. More than 6 kabalite squads feels excessive too.
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sun Aug 13 2017, 11:31

i fit a brigade in 2k but i have yet to test it
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sun Aug 13 2017, 13:30

I have toyed around with some brigade lists. I think you can fit a fluffy and reasonably effective kabalite brigade together for 2000 points. Pure wych cult or pure haemonculus coven lists seem harder to make effective with a 2000 point limit.

Example 1999 point kabal brigade list below. From a fluff perspective it fits pretty well. Archon has brought his two lieutenants and his pet medusae. Lots of warriors, scourges and ravagers all fit well with the theme of the archon mobilising a large force against an enemy. Note I have given the three archons different wargear rather than just blaster & agoniser on all three just for fun. One venom each for the warrior squads. Two venoms for the three archons and medusae to use as they see fit.

Archon w/ Blaster & Huskblade (Warlord)
Archon w/ Blaster & Power Sword
Archon w/ Splinter Pistol & Agoniser

Medusae
Medusae
Medusae

5 man Warrior squad w/ Blaster

5 man Scourge squad w/ 2 Blasters

Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances
Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances
Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances

Venom w/ Splinter Cannon & Twin Splinter Rifle

14 dark light shots and loads of splinter weaponry mean you should be able to deal with armour and infantry.

If you wanted to take more effective elites choices like Incubi for example, then swap two venoms for
a raider and double two warrior squads in the raider to save points.

To do well with the list you would need to isolate enemy units as best you can, gang up on them with multiple of your units and focus fire them down.

Project log: Kabal of the Warded Blade
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Sun Aug 13 2017, 18:33

3xArchon: Agoniser, Blaster. 73(219)
Venom: 1xS.Cannon. 80

3: 5xMandrakes. 95(285)

6: 5xWarrior: Blaster. 50(300)
3: Raider: D.Lance, S.Prow. 115(348)

3: 3xReaver: Grav-talon, Agoniser. 99(297)

3: Ravager: 3xD.Lance, S.Prow. 155(468)

1997pts.

Is what i came up with. 12 D.Lances, 9 blasters, and a decent amount of anti infantry from the mandrakes, reavers and even the warriors.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Mon Aug 14 2017, 01:17

For 3k I do.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
drynwyn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Mon Aug 14 2017, 04:18

Lord Johan wrote:
I personally love spamming kabalites (2x 5 man squads in Raiders with blasters just feels like a good, inexpensive all round unit) and I've been doing good in 8e so far - no tournament player but vs friends who try to build good lists. I'm not going to say it's the best way to build DE.

Anyway, so if you have this mentality and were going to bring 6 squads of kabalites for your 2000pts game anyway, you could consider that brigade is 58pts (archon) + 84 pts (3medusae) + 60pts (3 khymerae) to get you 6 command points. Assuming you weren't going to bring elites or fast attack - if you do bring incubi then it's less.

Never tried it because rather than so many extra CP i would rather have an extra Ravager. More than 6 kabalite squads feels excessive too.

Trueborn with Blasters or Splinter Cannons in Venoms provide more firepower/point than warriors in Raiders. They lose a bit of durability, but I recommend trying squads of Blasterborn if you like doubling up on Blasters in a raider.

Also, you'd have to bring more than one Archon. Medusae are Elite slots, not HQ's.
Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Mon Aug 14 2017, 06:52

If you're bringing 6 kabalites then, unless you took aux. support detachments of kabalites, you are already bringing 2 hqs regardless of whether you brought them in 2 other detachments or 1 batt, so going from that to brigade means you bring 1 HQ more.

Troops vs elites is probably a topic for another thread, but if you don't want troops you probably don't want to build a brigade detachment either, I think.
Back to top Go down
Duke Daedric
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Mon Aug 14 2017, 14:15

Kabal BRIGADE (1999pts) list by Sslyth enthusiast:

Court of the Archon [9 PL, 132pts]
Sslyth [3 PL], Sslyth [3 PL], Sslyth [3 PL]

Court of the Archon [9 PL, 132pts]
Sslyth [3 PL], Sslyth [3 PL], Sslyth [3 PL]

HQ [12 PL, 219pts]

Archon [4 PL, 73pts]
Agoniser, Blaster

Archon [4 PL, 73pts]
Agoniser, Blaster

Archon [4 PL, 73pts
Agoniser, Blaster

Troops [18 PL, 300pts]

Kabalite Warriors [3 PL, 50pts]
3x Kabalite Warrior
Kabalite Warrior with special weapon
Blaster

3x Kabalite Warrior
Blaster

3x Kabalite Warrior
Blaster

3x Kabalite Warrior
Blaster

3x Kabalite Warrior
Blaster

3x Kabalite Warrior
Blaster

Elites [9 PL, 146pts]

Incubi [5 PL, 90pts]
4x Incubi
Klaivex

Medusae [2 PL]

Medusae [2 PL]

Fast Attack [3 PL, 60pts]

Khymerae [1 PL]
Pair of Khymerae

Khymerae [1 PL]
Pair of Khymerae

Khymerae [1 PL]
Pair of Khymerae

Heavy Support [34 PL, 662pts]

Ravager [8 PL, 156pts]
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Ravager [8 PL, 156pts]
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Tantalus [18 PL, 350pts]

Dedicated Transport [18 PL, 348pts]

Raider [6 PL, 116pts]
Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Raider [6 PL, 116pts]
Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Raider [6 PL, 116pts]
Dark Lance, Shock Prow

A brigade list that I came up with I think that it could work (only thing I'm missing is Tantalus).

Post Edited to remove points values - Count Adhemar
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Does Anyone use a Brigade?   Mon Aug 14 2017, 14:19

Thanks for the responses, guys. I find Brigades interesting because they basically force you to bring a bit of everything, so it's always fun to see what people take in the various slots.

drynwyn wrote:
Lord Johan wrote:

Trueborn with Blasters or Splinter Cannons in Venoms provide more firepower/point than warriors in Raiders. They lose a bit of durability, but I recommend trying squads of Blasterborn if you like doubling up on Blasters in a raider.

Out of interest, do you take a minimum Trueborn squad with 2 Blasters and 2 Splinter Cannons, or do you take 2 more Trueborn to max out on Blasters?
Back to top Go down

Does Anyone use a Brigade?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: