HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Decisions, decisions....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HedonisiusVex
Hellion

PostSubject: Decisions, decisions....   Thu Aug 03 2017, 23:51

My fellow Archons, I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a predicament. I cannot, for the life of me, decide what to play. I absolutely love all the aeldari models and lore, but I can't seem to find a style I like with them in 8th. 7th edition sorta killed shooting for me, but I don't see a cult at doing well at all in my local meta. I can't play a whole lot of games aside from tournaments, because I live 2 hours from the closest store. Should I keep hunting for a way to make them fun for me to play (basically meaning a highly competitive build since I only play in tournaments) or should I just move on to a different army and keep a small force to paint and look pretty on my shelf?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   Fri Aug 04 2017, 00:20

Cults are a lot of fun to play, but aside from really just Beasts they're hardly what I would call competitive. From what I've seen, the comparative DE playstyle revolves around a core of Kabal units (Kabalites and Ravagers are the two that come to mind).

If you're looking for a fun Aeldari faction to play, go with Harlequins. They're what Cults aspire to be. Customizable, fast, maneuverable , and deadlier than the most potent neurotoxin in the Duke's collection.
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   Fri Aug 04 2017, 00:26

Is there a competitive way to mix harlies and kabal? Which should I put more points into? Just ravagers to fill heavy slots then the rest is all harlies? I LOVE the models, and I've found an easy scheme that looks good for Dark Harlequins. I can easily convert my 3 Raiders into more ravagers (I only have 1) but I have to find starweavers, and aren't they out of stock online?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   Sat Aug 05 2017, 03:44

I too am interested in peoples experience in mixing kabal and harlies
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   Sat Aug 05 2017, 07:45

I don't own the models for it yet but I have a list that replaces two Incubi units and their Venom transports with two units of Harlies with Embraces on a few with Fusion Pistols riding Starweavers.

This is in a list that includes a Battalion detachment normally made up of Kabalites so I just shave those back and run two units of Harlies and a 10 large Kabalites squad in a Raider

They run with my standard core for many of my 8th lists, the stuff that fits my playstyle best basically: an air wing detachment, a Farseer Skyrunner, two units of Dark Lance Scourges, and as much mobile shooting as possible.
Back to top Go down

Decisions, decisions....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: