HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Decisions, decisions....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HedonisiusVex
Hellion

PostSubject: Decisions, decisions....   Thu Aug 03 2017, 23:51

My fellow Archons, I'm hoping you guys can help me out with a predicament. I cannot, for the life of me, decide what to play. I absolutely love all the aeldari models and lore, but I can't seem to find a style I like with them in 8th. 7th edition sorta killed shooting for me, but I don't see a cult at doing well at all in my local meta. I can't play a whole lot of games aside from tournaments, because I live 2 hours from the closest store. Should I keep hunting for a way to make them fun for me to play (basically meaning a highly competitive build since I only play in tournaments) or should I just move on to a different army and keep a small force to paint and look pretty on my shelf?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   Fri Aug 04 2017, 00:20

Cults are a lot of fun to play, but aside from really just Beasts they're hardly what I would call competitive. From what I've seen, the comparative DE playstyle revolves around a core of Kabal units (Kabalites and Ravagers are the two that come to mind).

If you're looking for a fun Aeldari faction to play, go with Harlequins. They're what Cults aspire to be. Customizable, fast, maneuverable , and deadlier than the most potent neurotoxin in the Duke's collection.
Back to top Go down
HedonisiusVex
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   Fri Aug 04 2017, 00:26

Is there a competitive way to mix harlies and kabal? Which should I put more points into? Just ravagers to fill heavy slots then the rest is all harlies? I LOVE the models, and I've found an easy scheme that looks good for Dark Harlequins. I can easily convert my 3 Raiders into more ravagers (I only have 1) but I have to find starweavers, and aren't they out of stock online?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   Sat Aug 05 2017, 03:44

I too am interested in peoples experience in mixing kabal and harlies
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   Sat Aug 05 2017, 07:45

I don't own the models for it yet but I have a list that replaces two Incubi units and their Venom transports with two units of Harlies with Embraces on a few with Fusion Pistols riding Starweavers.

This is in a list that includes a Battalion detachment normally made up of Kabalites so I just shave those back and run two units of Harlies and a 10 large Kabalites squad in a Raider

They run with my standard core for many of my 8th lists, the stuff that fits my playstyle best basically: an air wing detachment, a Farseer Skyrunner, two units of Dark Lance Scourges, and as much mobile shooting as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decisions, decisions....   

Back to top Go down

Decisions, decisions....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: