HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Sisters of Slaughter Heads

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Groan
Hellion

PostSubject: Sisters of Slaughter Heads    Sat Jul 29 2017, 15:06

So I want to distinguish my trueborn with Sisters of Slaughter heads. They're quite expensive to purchase individually so I would like to know if they would actually fit onto the 40k models before I go ahead and buy them.

Has anyone tried this or know of any reason why the heads wouldn't comfortably fit onto Drukhari shoulders?
Back to top Go down
Groan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Slaughter Heads    Mon Jul 31 2017, 09:58

Bamp.
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Slaughter Heads    Mon Jul 31 2017, 14:11

I didn't try this conversion, but I own a couple of those heads. If you cut the shoulder pads from the torso, or use one that doesn't have shoulder pards in the first place, the mask would definitely fit onto there.
Back to top Go down
Groan
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Slaughter Heads    Mon Jul 31 2017, 14:27

How are the shoulder pads preventing a head from going onto a neck? Is the neck hole too small?
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Slaughter Heads    Mon Jul 31 2017, 14:34

Groan wrote:
How are the shoulder pads preventing a head from going onto a neck? Is the neck hole too small?

Sorry, that was a misunderstanding. I thought you wanted to use the Sisters' masks as shoulder pads.

Using them as proper heads would require some green stuff. Their actual head is part of the torso and lacks the ball joint most armored models have for their necks.

Last edited by Rokuro on Mon Jul 31 2017, 21:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Slaughter Heads    Mon Jul 31 2017, 16:39

+1 @Rokuro.

Still totally doable.
2 solutions :
- Either take the mask only & add some green stuff to form a full head.
- Or glue to the torso & cut around the neck.

Already did this (mixed 10 wyches with 10 DElves witches) and it wasn't easy, but wasn't that hard either Smile

And their masks also works great as shoulder pads, tried it :p

Edit : As mentionned, you can use the Delves witches for conversion purpose, they don't fit perfectly but with a little patience it works. And they all got very dynamic poses.

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Slaughter Heads    Mon Jul 31 2017, 16:46

The other option is if you have some spare Scourge heads. Especially the unhelmeted one. You can chop the neck off and attach it to the SoS head, meaning it's plug and play with regualr DEldar torsos. Reason Scourge heads work well is they've got slightly elongated necks which means they're the right length after cutting.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Slaughter Heads    Mon Jul 31 2017, 21:45

Now thinking about it; while they don't fit perfectly with the Sisters' masks either, Harlequin heads are designed in a similar fashion and actually do have a ball-jointed neck.
Back to top Go down

Sisters of Slaughter Heads
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: