Share | 

Not Enough Lances

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lcfr
Sybarite

PostSubject: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 16:01

Blegh.

So I've snagged a second unit of Scourges but the only Lances I've got left to scrape together would have to come off of my Ravager.

Now, I prefer Flyers and don't run my Ravagers anymore but I still think they're very good and the Codex may improve them or scale back Flyers to the point where I'm willing to run them again, so I'm just very, very wary of stripping them of their Lances.

How bad would it be to run a unit of Scourges with a pair of Blasters and a pair of Heat Lances? I'm playing Ynnari so I plan to stagger my DL Scourges behind the assault weapon Scourges, so killing either is very punishing. The DL would be the priority of most players and if the assault weapon Scourges survive they've not only Soulbursted (potentially out of harms way) but they're also mobile and versatile against both vehicles and multi wound models.

Yeah, a second unit of DL Scourges would just be universally better, but I just need a pat on the back that this is an okay second choice given my hesitation to chopshop my Ravager.
Back to top Go down
attackdrone
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 16:36

Don't chop shop the ravager!

Blasters work pretty well, but I wouldn't run heat lances. You can use Shredders as Blasters pretty easily. Chop off the bottom ammo canister, chop off the barrel, add a blast pistol barrel. Bam! Convincing Blaster.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 16:38

I've got enough Blasters, no problem there. Like Heat Lances aside I can definitely run 4 Blasters. It's just.....a horribly pale shadow of a Dark Lance...
Back to top Go down
Tzelok
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 16:42

Bits websites will sell them - and you can use the Dark Lances from the warriors sprue either (often hilariously cheaper on bitz websites despite being pretty much the same arm sprue).

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 16:50

Got a good recommendation?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 16:56

NOT Hoard o Bitz. They have some seriously unethical online business practices.
Back to top Go down
Tzelok
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 16:59

I don't know what their unethical online practices are....but they've always delivered for me :/

I have also used bitzbox.co.uk but generally prefer Hoard o Bitz...

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 18:25

I have also had good luck with hoard o bits.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Thu Jul 27 2017, 19:01

Their feedback policy is horrifying to me. No matter what happens with your order, if you don't give them positive feedback they blackball you.

I don't know any other business that responds to a mistake on their end by refusing to serve that customer ever again.

You can find more than a few negative reviews for them from people who had something minor go wrong (a wrong bit, a damaged piece, a misplaced order) and then HoB refused to resolve the issue. (And if you complain, then you just get blocked and blacklisted and that's the end of that.)

I've used them (I used to recommend them especially for the Talos/Cronos 'hack') but extorting positive reviews seems really slimy to me.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Not Enough Lances   Fri Jul 28 2017, 07:44

sigh. screw it. just spent 30 bucks on 3 more dark Lances.

it just would not be okay without them
Back to top Go down

Not Enough Lances
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: