Share | 

First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Garion
Hellion

PostSubject: First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play   Wed Jul 26 2017, 14:00

Hi fellow Archons!

In a couple of hours I will play my first game of 8th edition and I like to get your c&c on the list I'm bringing to the table. I will play against SM, SW, Orks or Necrons (SM or SW is very probable)

So here is my list:

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Craftworlds - Drukhari) @1500

- Farseer Skyrunner, Guide, Doom, Smite, Warlord (+1 Ld to units within 6")
- Warlock Skyrunner, Conceal/Reveal, Smite
- 6x Windriders, 6x shucans

- 5x Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Venom (Twin rifle + SC)

- Razorwing Jetfighter. 2x Disintegrators, Twin rifle
- Razorwing Jetfighter. 2x Disintegrators, Twin rifle

- Ravager, 3x DL
- Ravager, 3x DL

The basic idea is to keep the Craftworlders together so the Farseer can Guide the bikes and Doom some enemy while the Warlock will keep the whole group concealed

DLs for the tanks (with some helps from blasters, disintegrators and shuriken cannons) and everything else will hunt down the infantry

I'm not sure if I have enough dark light to face a possible rhino / razorback spam. Maybe mount DL on the flyers too?

Thank you!
G

My blog: A painting chaos
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer

PostSubject: Re: First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play   Wed Jul 26 2017, 18:31

what was the result?

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Garion
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play   Thu Jul 27 2017, 12:34

The list performed pretty well

I ended up playing 2 games against a deathwatch list that was something like this:

- watchmaster

- captain in terminator armor
- 5 dw terminators with assault cannons and multimeltas

- 3 kill teams with a frag cannon each
- 3 razorback with assault cannon?

- dreadnought

Both games ended up with me nearly tabling my opponent and him conceding the game

Game 1 was big guns never tire (dawn of war), I started deploying first end ended up deploying last. My opponent kept his terminators and captain in reserve and deployed 2 kill teams inside the razorbaks and one on the table. I was able to seize and open up on his razorback and dread destroying 2 razors and the dread and killing most of the kill teams dudes. By the end of turn 2 he was left of with his terminators and captain in a corner of the field with an objective and 1 marine with the frag cannon and the watchmaster in a ruin near another objective. I was holding the other 2 objectives with one ravagers and the windriders and I'had scored first blood in the first turn. He conceded because he realized I will end up grabbing the objective in the ruin with my second ravager and he could not move his terminators away from the other objective

Game 2 was the relic (search and destroy). Like before he kept his terminators and captain in reserve and deployed the 3 razorbacks full of marines and the dread on the edge of his deployment zone to reach the relic as fast as he can. I kept my distance, hiding 2 venoms and the bikes behind a LOS blocking ruin. I rolled a 5 to seize but I let it go without re-rolling it. He rushed forward and he parked is tanks 3 or 4 inches of the relic. His shooting took away a couple of wounds from the visible venom, a ravager and a razorwing.
My first turn of shooting was pretty good and I destroyed 1 razorback with a single volly from a ravager (2 hits, 2 would, 12 damages!), another razorbak most of the disembarked marines (a couple died inside the dying transport). The bikes took away 4 or 5 wounds from the other razorback.
Turn two was pretty much a repeat of turn one and by the end of it only his dread was left standing, with the terminators and captain still in reserves
Turn three he teleported the terminators and captain in and dropped then on the relic. Between them and the dread he managed to kill one venom and it's kabalites and one biker. He charged the bike squad and my Farseer and Warlock did an heroic intervention. He killed another bike in cc and put a couple of wounds on the Farseer who managed to wound it back one time. In my turn I focused all my firepower on the terminators and the captain, wiping them off the table. He conceded at that point

Both games were done for by turn 2, so I guess the list performed very well. Maybe too well. It was his first game of 8th too so there is this to consider too

All my units performed well. Doom helped a lot the whole army and the windriders/hqs combo did not disappoint me

While I piratically never used them in the first game, the kabalites did their work in the second one. I can't say I've missed the second splinter cannon on the venoms or on the flyers. While the twin splinter rifle didn't do much per se, he kept pushing saves on his marines and I guess that physiological pressure is a weapon on it's own

The disintegrators on the Razorwings are sweet, but the real winner there is the shatterfield missile: it's awesome!

I think I've used 4 command points in the fist game and 5 in the second one, so the battalion helped here

Back to top Go down
lcfr
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play   Thu Jul 27 2017, 15:08

My list is pretty similar, I think lists like this are going to mulch Marines and other elite lists, I've been doing pretty well against them.

You'll probably feel safer turning the Dissies into Dark Lances on the Jets, they're so fast and maneuverable that shy of Scourges they're your best bet of just getting behind enemy lines even on Turn 1 to crunk any hidden tanks or alpha strike another Flyer. 99% of my CP rerolls in the first two turns are rerolling damage for Dark Lances to ensure a dead vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Garion
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play   Fri Jul 28 2017, 10:15

That's good to hear!

How do you deal with hordes like Orks? Do you think that the splinter and shuriken weapons currently in the list are enough to handle that many enemy models?

I was thinking to expand the list to 2000p by adding a Voidraven with missiles and another Ravager and maybe some Incubi for a bit of CC but maybe I should add more poison (I have 10 Scourges lying around doing nothing at the moment that I could field with full carbines)

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play   Fri Jul 28 2017, 11:44

I´m not sold on adding Craftworld units, but I guess DOOM and Conceal really help a lot.

Good job!

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Garion
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play   Fri Jul 28 2017, 18:30

I can understand your sentiment and it was something I keep thinking over and over while I was building the list

I really wanted some kind of psychic defense so I started looking for a way to include a Farseer or a Warlock in my army (CWE is my other main army). From this point it all escalated pretty quickly, as I started with a Farseer to have both defensive (deny the witch) and offensive options (smite). For the other 2 powers, the best option is of course Doom as it help my DE units too. As for the third one, both Fortune and Guide were useless, unless I add another CWE unit. And I started looking again Very Happy
I've chosen the Windriders because their shuriken cannons add a nice amount of middle range / high-ish strength dakka and are the perfect target of Guide and can also act as a shield to my Farseer. The S6 guns can work well in a pinch against dommed T7 tanks like they did in the two games I played

The Warlock is here because I really wanted to field a Battalion, and even on bike it's cheaper than an Archon + transport. And keeping him with the the other CWE units helped them quite a bit thanks to Conceal

Back to top Go down

First game of 8th - 1500pt matched play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: