FAQ updates!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorefather
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Mon Jul 24 2017, 23:35

@TeenageAngst wrote:
I'm still chuffed at how many sales they lost to a third party manufacturer before they took this childish route of making an entire unit completely unusable.

No kidding, my FLGS had the Zombicide boxes flying off the shelves like crazy for the few other DE players. GW could have easily made a crap of money off the Index hype but they blew it.

Maybe tournament players made it worth it for GW, but they certainly lost out on the casual market.
Back to top Go down
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Mon Jul 24 2017, 23:58

Solitaire now is part of the.<masque>. The Troupe master aura buff him now
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 00:18

@TeenageAngst wrote:
I'm still chuffed at how many sales they lost to a third party manufacturer before they took this childish route of making an entire unit completely unusable.

The irony of you accusing GW of childishness having spent the last couple of months alternating between complaining about how they broke your game and bragging about how you broke theirs...

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 01:50

Still need a like button.

Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 03:39

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@TeenageAngst wrote:

The irony of you accusing GW of childishness having spent the last couple of months alternating between complaining about how they broke your game and bragging about how you broke theirs...

Best comment i have seen today! Laughing

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 04:14

Eye for an eye and all that. Proportionally they suffered way, way more lost sales from me propping up birds than they gained from my participation in the hobby. Not that you'd ever notice the way they're printing money right now but hey, tiny victories.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 07:20

How exactly did they suffer by you not buying models that you were never going to buy?

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 07:29

People were buying tournament lists as they always do. Except instead of buying 200 brimstones, some people bought 150 3rd party birds.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 08:22

Why are there two threads for this?

LordSplata
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 08:24

weird. I can't find these files on the main he website, only the warhammer community site. And they have a strange hosting address... we are sure they are legit right?

Wait so our spam unit got a point bump, but the worst offenders, horrors and conscripts didn't? What is this!

That FAQ on wyches could have just read, "no really they are terrible. Don't take them."
So easily they could have changed the wording to "if the wych squad is within 1"of an enemy unit they gain a 4+ invulnerable save". It would have made they a possible pick and stayed pretty true to the current rule.

On the missiles, there almost isn't a choice, they are soooo similar in terms of damage output. The assault 6 really gave you a choice, now they are so similar that you almost just use shatter fields for everything
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 11:08

The FAQ wrote:
Page 183 – Choose Melee Weapon
Change the second sentence to read:
‘In addition to their other weapons, all models are assumed to be equipped with a close combat weapon, which has the following profile:’

So, Raiders are no longer obliged to use blade vanes, should they wish to attack with their higher base S. Nice.
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
|Meavar
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 11:47

Jeah I really like it.
It also means that a shooty hyve tyrant is not suddenly reduced to 1 tail attack.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 12:51

It was really obvious TBH. Without that, most vehicles in the game couldn't attack in melee. But still had WS and S stats ^^

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 13:23

No before the errata it was that if they had a melee profile they used that, and if they did not they used the standard. Thus most vehicles which did not have a profile had no problem since they could attack with a standard melee weapon, but those who had a different melee weapon got problems.
The problem was some units had a melee profile like our shock prow (as in the unit has multiple attacks but their weapon was 1 attack only)
So they could not use the standard weapon for 3/4 attacks, and had to use the 1 attack of their weapon. Thus you paid points for a downgrade, that was sometimes mandatory.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 13:28

Ah, okay, mb, thanks for clarification Smile

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 13:35

That is a great clarification for us!
we can actually hurt tanks and other transports so much easier!
And to a lesser extent for reavers should you need an s5 unit over a -1 save.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 13:43

For reavers, giving them +1 S would give you the choice between S4 and S4 PA-1. The profile is S3

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Tue Jul 25 2017, 14:17

I stand corrected. Whoops!
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Wed Jul 26 2017, 08:50

Inefficiency.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Wed Jul 26 2017, 09:20

Nobody using the report function?

Threads merged

Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Wed Jul 26 2017, 09:24

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Nobody using the report function?

Threads merged

Cheers!

And apparently not, where is that located?

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Wed Jul 26 2017, 09:58

next to quote Razz
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Thu Jul 27 2017, 02:55

@TeenageAngst wrote:
People were buying tournament lists as they always do. Except instead of buying 200 brimstones, some people bought 150 3rd party birds.

Drops in the fudging ocean, man.

Heres some empirical evidence to back that up: https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/07/games-workshop-sales-profit-skyrocket/

For those wondering its an article on how well GW has done this past year (lets just say well, theyve done well). Hopefully this means more monies for R&D of models and standalone games!

And heres a pretty extensive discussion on reddit concerning the article: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/6phlyg/games_workshop_sales_and_profit_skyrocket/

Conclusions? Tom Kirby stepping down is the single best thing thats happened to GW in the last decade or two.

Edit: also the numbers in that article cap off at May 28th, which was before the shyte storm of NuTallMarines and 8th ed hit.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Thu Jul 27 2017, 05:26

The financial report has several interesting things to share in it.

1. Tom Kirby is retiring from the board - he has not had any say for the last couple of years since leaving his role as CEO but it does mean the last vestiges of his reign can be shaken off and everything moved forward

2. The $$$ spent on new moulds was significant and is listed as a cost to be incurred in the next and future financial years. This means we should be seeing ALOT of new minis

3. All the costs of 8th will be included in this report thanks to the release date vs production lead time. This means the company is now raking in profit for the next FY and have none of the costs attached to them. This means we should see an increase again for this FY report in 12 months time.

4. They have doubled the share price in 12 months - this is significant because it means the market believes the changes that have been made to the company are in its best interest and that they expect the company to continue to grow and thrive

As for the 'shyte storm of NuTallMarines' - it was hardly that. They have struggled to keep up with sales for the new starter and kits with them in. A few internet people were not happy... a drop in the ocean based on the sales of the starters

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
RoadRageRob666
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   Thu Jul 27 2017, 08:34

Link to the financial report, please?

Also

Quote :
As for the 'shyte storm of NuTallMarines'

Come on man, I clearly said "NuTallMarines and 8th ed".

Obviously the starter kits and indexes are going to be the driving forces of the edition change, but considering that the Dark Imperium is half NuTallMarines (and the rulebook is available separately), you cant underplay their popularity and relevance. Hell, the two biggest warhammer subs on reddit have consistently, and annoyingly, been filled with them for the last month which is to be expected given that, what ~40% of all 40k players collect SMs?

Regardless, its good to see that GWs doing well financially and hopefully this will promote some "riskier" development outside of SMs!

Whether you hate or love 8th edition, you have to be happy that GW finally has a solid revenue stream. Well, that is if you care at all about the future development of the game/model line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ updates!   

Back to top Go down

FAQ updates!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: