HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

eBay Tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Barrywise
Sybarite

PostSubject: eBay Tips   Sun Jul 23 2017, 12:49

So with all the new members to our Dark City, it might be beneficial for some of them, to share our knowledge/tips and tricks that we might have of buying online.

This one is kind of obvious but, if there are bids for $200 on $400 worth of stuff, you can expect it to reach a final price somewhere closer to $350.

Don't be afraid to buy from something other than Games Workshop, in some places its frowned upon, but as long as you do a good job painting and making a thematic army, it should be fine. For example: Gangster/mafia style Haemonculi Coven: http://www.ebay.com/itm/28mm-scale-GENETIC-CULT-COVEN-CAR-/262336194811?hash=item3d1474a8fb:g:wwYAAOSwr7ZW59h8

^run as a dual splinter cannon venom

Anyone else have other tricks?
Back to top Go down
Bedlam55
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: eBay Tips   Sun Jul 23 2017, 14:56

A lot of my current army is from Ebay so a can attest that there is some good deals. But is does take some patients and some understanding about what your trying to achieve with your Army.

I'm terrible with impulse buying and this has lead to some bad spending choices. All I really advise is to plan your army out beforehand than make purchases based on cheap models with not much direction.

If you're wanting to make a cheap army and your just starting out look at that models from the box sets that sellers have broken down and sold in squads.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: eBay Tips   Sun Jul 23 2017, 19:57

Buy from Craigslist and keep an ear to the ground at local shops for people selling their collections for too cheap.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: eBay Tips   Mon Jul 24 2017, 00:45

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Buy from Craigslist and keep an ear to the ground at local shops for people selling their collections for too cheap.

Craigslist tends to be more profitable when you're buying local, which means it benefits people in or near large urban centers more (at least in regards to gaming). I've never found any deal on gaming items on the site.
Back to top Go down

eBay Tips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: