HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Drukhari 1000 pts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snorri Sturluson
Slave

PostSubject: Drukhari 1000 pts   Fri Jul 21 2017, 01:32

After many years of planning, I've finally made my decision to start playing Warhammer 40k. When it came to choosing the army, my beloved Dark Eldar were the obvious choice. Can you give me some advice about this 1000 pts list?

Aeldari - Drukhari Patrol Detachment

HQ
Archon with Huskblade and Blaster [79 points]

Troops
Wracks[82pts]
Acothyst with Scissorhand and Stinger Pistol
Wrack with special weapon - Ossefactor
3x Wracks

Wracks[82pts]
Acothyst with Scissorhand and Stinger Pistol
Wrack with special weapon - Ossefactor
3x Wracks

Elites
Kabalite Trueborn[104pts]
Dracon with Agoniser and Splinter Rifle
Kabalite Trueborn with special weapon (Blaster) x3
Kabalite Trueborn x1

Kabalite Trueborn[100pts]
Dracon with Splinter Rifle
Kabalite Trueborn with special weapon (Blaster) x3
Kabalite Trueborn x1

Fast Attack
Scourges[150pts]
Solarite with Shardcarbine
Scourge with heavy weapon (Dark Lance)x4

Heavy Support
Talos[126pts]
with two Macro-Scapels and two Splinter Cannons

Dedicated Transport
Raider[116pts]
with Dark Lance and Shock Prow

Venom[80pts]
with twin Splinter Rifle

Venom[80pts]
with twin Splinter Rifle

Total: 999 points

Both Trueborn units go to the Raider. Wracks enter Venoms and hunt enemy troops. Scourges eleminate units from the distance.

I'm not sure if this list is OK, I'm happy to hear any advice. In the future, I'm planning to go for Coven army.
Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Duke Daedric
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari 1000 pts   Fri Jul 21 2017, 13:14

I like the idea. Good idea would be to exchange Archon for Haemunculus for that +1 toughness buff to vehicles and also consider exchanging scourges for ravager, at that point level it is awsome.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari 1000 pts   Fri Jul 21 2017, 14:54

I love Haemonculus Covens, love love love, when they introduced this concept in greater depth a few editions ago it was just so much fresh air into our army, so I have a lot to say. Keep in mind I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.

I like the list, I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to turn this into a detachment that awards CP but I think that'd be way too much of an overhaul for just one CP, but the easiest way would be to get some Mandrakes by dumping a unit of Wracks and a few Wrack upgrades and running a Spearhead.

I don't like your Wrack loadouts, I prefer the Liquifier Gun to the Ossefactor and don't think the Acothyst should have too many weapons, but if you're going to take anything I'd take an Electrocorrosive Whip, it's our army's best melee weapon imo. I've also seen another Coven player on the forum who's filling Raiders with two units of Wracks each with two Liquifier Guns a unit, and floating up beside enemy units to melt their faces. Maybe not necessarily the most optimal use of a Raider but seems like a ton of fun, and might be better than dumping all the Trueborn in one boat.

If you opted to deploy the Trueborn in Venoms, you could probably squirrel away enough points for additional Splinter Cannons by shaving Acothyst loadouts, but I don't have my book on hand so can't math that out properly.

The Talos is really, really, really slow when it's operating next to our transports, and I find it really lacklustre. Don't expect much from it aside from soaking firepower from players who oddly overestimate it and the occasional tarpitting and harassing of mobs. I don't play my Coven lists any more but in the last days of testing it out I just opted for a Stinger Pod and had the Talos Advance to get into combat as fast as possible. Like maybe I'm a fool to save 4pts for an Agonizer somewhere else but given how piddly Talos shooting is I'd rather just ram it up into enemy lines, enjoy whatever shots it gets off on the Advance, and go from there. That's just me, and my experience that Coven units really need to quickly get into close combat with the enemy because outside of melee Coven units are basically doing very, very, very little to affect enemy target priority, and our enemies aren't exactly shaking in their boots just because some Drukhari decided to start bench pressing, cut their noses off and wear steel plates over their faces.

Anyways, in an erratic mood, so there's a bunch to chew on.
Back to top Go down
Snorri Sturluson
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari 1000 pts   Mon Jul 24 2017, 13:53

Thanks for all the advice! I will definitely use it.
Back to top Go down

Drukhari 1000 pts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: