Venom
Raider w/ DL

His Army:
Cypher (Warlord)
Daemon Prince on foot with giant sword
Sorcerer
5x Fallen

----------------------------------
He won the di roll and chose Search & Destroy to try and get off a first turn charge. I had fewer drops so I got to go first and spread my forces out to prevent multi charging and took a few pot shots at his Sorcerer, which was the only visible unit in “safe” range. Burned a command point to reroll a Dark Lance damage roll of 1 and got … another 1 Sad

His turn he gets his Daemon Prince into CC with my Venom thanks to Warp Time + a big charge roll. Blows it up.

I fall back with the troops inside the now-deceased venom and move my Raider and other Venom in position to fire on the Daemon Prince – only taking him down to 2 wounds after some poor rolling and some CP’s burned on saves.

His turn 2, to my surprise, he turns his back on the disembarked Kabalite squad and comes barreling after my Raider but fails to make the charge distance. The rest of his army footslogs up the board toward the corner of my deployment zone where my remaining two transports are trying to stay out of charge range.

My turn 3 I use my spared Kabalites to shoot at his footslogging Fallen and do a couple wounds. I figure between the Dark Lance and my other Venom, I can take down the Daemon Prince before he gets to CC again. NOPE. Miss with Dark Lance. He charges the raider and nearly blows it up.

My turn 4 I fall back with the raider and miss AGAIN with the dark lance, burn a command point, and miss again. By this time my other Venom has repositioned to start chipping away at his Sorcerer. I’m basically ignoring Cypher because he negates the VP’s I’d get for him on a 2+. Bastard chose him as the warlord too. Dick move! I take out the Sorcerer with splinter fire and a blaster, barely.

His turn he blows up my Raider with shooting then charges the squad inside. They get wiped out handily, but my Archon is out of consolidation range so I’ll get to charge the Prince on my turn and finish him off.

My turn 5 I finally take down the Daemon Prince and he’s left with 3 Fallen + Cypher vs my full Venom and Archon. Unfortunately my Archon is way the hell back in my deployment zone so he’s got a ways to go before he gets into combat with the Fall squad that is literally hiding in the ruins trying to drag out the game. It’s 5 VP’s to 2 and looking grim for me if I can’t table him. I shoot my Venom up the board and fire everything at Cypher. It doesn’t do much.

His turn 5 Cypher fires back at me and doesn’t do much. Fallen still hiding.

I get the roll for turn 6, disembark my Kabalite and go after the hiding fallen with my Venom. I get them down to 1 dude, and my kabalite take Cypher down to 1 wound. crap.

His turn 6 he goes after my venom with Cypher but fails to kill it.

Turn 7 I finish Cypher off but I have to devote my whole squad and venom to it. Luckily my archon has made it up the board by now and barely makes a long charge that gets him into CC with the last Fallen hiding in the ruins, and slays him. Tabled! I win. And just to add insult to injury, he rolls a 1 when Cypher dies so I actually get the VP’s for him. I give the Fate of Konor victory to Chaos out of respect.

END
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Escalation League - DE vs Chaos   Thu Jul 20 2017, 20:26

Wahahaha! Excellent battle rep! for a brick you flew pretty good new member you write pretty good! I think there was only one swear, but still, family friendly website and all. Very Happy  

but oh man! I know those command points are supposed to be used to ward away unlucky dice but you still got hit hard on those dark lances.

Quote :
only taking him down to 2 wounds after some poor rolling and some CP’s burned on saves.

I hope your opponent only used 1. Only 1 CP per phase and whatnot.

Also, how did you like the list? I know you were looking for some advice on low point armies, did you feel like this works well for you?
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Escalation League - DE vs Chaos   Thu Jul 20 2017, 20:44

Thanks, Barrywise! Sorry for the swear word - I'm actually surprised there was only one as I'm generally much more of a sailor. I did not realize this was a family friendly place, and I'll endeavor to keep it clean going forward.

He definitely used 2CPs to re-roll two failed saves for his Prince, and I didn't realize until writting the BatRep that he wasn't supposed to do that. But it's balanced out by the fact, while writing this report, I also realized that we lost track of turns and I only made 1 extra turn roll when it should have been two. Either mistake could have been the difference in the game.

The list was phenomenal! I played a few test games with it and it honestly felt unbeatable. This match was the closest I ever came to losing, and I was rolling HORRIBLY. I feel like I played it correctly though, opting to kite around at long range instead of closing in to use my Blasters - they'd have just missed anyways! The Archon's blaster was probably a waste of points because I kept that boat way back and just took sad pot shots with the Dark Lance - but in a shooty match I'd have had more success I think. Overall my target priority probably needs work, but that just comes with time. I carefully measured out everything in my movement phase and generally feel like my positioning was on point. We'll find out next week when we increase to 750 and add in objectives for Big Guns Never Tire!
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Escalation League - DE vs Chaos   Thu Jul 20 2017, 20:50

Good! Welcome to the fold fellow Archon. Twisted Evil

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Escalation League - DE vs Chaos   Thu Jul 20 2017, 20:51

If it makes you feel any better, even after having it pointed out, I couldn't find anything untoward with the mod-eye.  

Out of curiosity, why shouldn't he have been able to use a CP to reroll his Prince's failed saves?
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Escalation League - DE vs Chaos   Thu Jul 20 2017, 20:52

Because he rolled two at the same time in the same shooting phase. You can only use one of each strategem per phase.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Escalation League - DE vs Chaos   Thu Jul 20 2017, 21:36

Oh, I see. I thought you were saying he'd done it twice over the course of the game.

I getcha now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500pt Escalation League - DE vs Chaos   

Back to top Go down

500pt Escalation League - DE vs Chaos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-