Share | 

Your Dark Eldar favorites...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Pale King
Slave

PostSubject: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Sat May 14 2011, 08:29

Just to get the ball rolling, what are some of your dark eldar favorites?

Such as your favorite unit in both rules and models, your favorite special character, your favorite piece of wargear, your favorite Kabal, etc.

I'll start I suppose.

Unit rules - Razorwing
Models - Scourges
Special character - Sliscus
Wargear - Clone field

Now then, tell the King all about your favorites so he can crush you by taking them away! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Apathy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Sat May 14 2011, 09:43

Unit rules - Reavers: I can hit you and you cant hit me just by moving.
Models - Incubi: Sweet!!
Special character - Baron: Not as flashy and killy as others but you get alot of bang for your buck in a unit of Hellions.
Wargear - Webway portal: Bread and butter for units like Reavers and Hellions.
Favorite Kabal: The one I am trying to paint. (Still no name). My top two names are the Kabal of the Splintered Bone, or just simply the Syndicate.

Of course this is all speculation on my part as I have not played with my army yet but I will definately try all these units out at some point.
Back to top Go down
Duke Sliscus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Sat May 14 2011, 10:13

Hmmm

Model; Kabalite Warriors. They look great, have a load of options and are a blast to paint. Best looking troops in the game imo.

Rules; I agree with Apathy Reavers have solid rules. Such a sweet unit, able to switch roles and effective at all point levels.

Special Character; See username

Wargear; Shadowfield. Some games your Archon is an unkillable nightmare and some games you get splated by a lucky rocket.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Sat May 14 2011, 14:39

Model: I don't think you can fault the design of the Raider. There are so many great models but for me the Raider stands out.

Rules: Probably the Razorwing or Hellions, though I am going by what has worked for me so far. I love the fact the Razorwing turns up, takes out an entire Boyz mob and then goes tank hunting/gets shot of the sky in a heartbeat. My Hellions have proved to form the reliable core of my force.

Special Character: Duke Sliscus. The best special character ever, has everything I like in a character. Flashy, exuberant, he's Charlie Sheen and David Bowie's love child, on speed.

Wargear: Stunclaw. Entirely situational and rarely works. That doesn't matter when something's so cool.

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Sun May 15 2011, 21:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Sat May 14 2011, 17:49

Model - Bird Wing Scourges, these are just plain sexy

Rules - Ravs, anything that can move 12 and still fire 3 S8 AP2 shots a turn is fun times in my book

Special Character - Do you really have to ask?

Wargear - FlickerField FTW!!!!!!

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
LegionX
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Sat May 14 2011, 19:15

Model(s): Incubi - possibly my best 'human-sized' models GW have ever made Very Happy

Rules: Ravager - 3 high-speed heavy weapons for only 105pts! A staple of most DE armies (it seems). I use 3!

Special Character: From a model and fluff perspective, Lelith. I'm not to keen on using special characters in my games, as I prefer to design my own, with personalised model/wargear/fluff...

Wargear: the humble Agoniser - like the Ravager, a staple of most DE armies. For 'coolness' value however, I like the Haemonculus wargear, particularly the Shattershard Twisted Evil

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Sun May 15 2011, 20:06

Model(s): Incubi. My only gripe is the klaives look a little ridiculous in size.

Rules: Voidraven bomber. I can hit you while moving and still shoot.

Special Character: Lelith Hesperax. 40k's first character that actually has rules explaining how badass the character is instead of using over the top wargear.

Wargear - Model: The agonizer looks infinitely better than the powerclaw/fist of yesteryears.
Wargear - Fluff: The Bloodstone - made from a slain Craftworlder's spiritstone? AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Mon May 16 2011, 18:22

Model: Wyches - just beautiful characterful models

Rules: Haywire grenades combined with vehicle wrecked result rules

Special Character: Vect - expensive but worth it for the psychological vice you put on your opponent by giving them first turn (after of course showing them vect's steal initative on a 4+).

Wargear - Crucible of Maladiction - Making GK players cry one failed Ld test at a time

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Tue May 17 2011, 04:35

Model: Wyches - Amazing troop choice with great designs. I especially like the female ones with the masks.

Rules: Fleet - Speed is my favorite combat tactic

Rules: Combat Drugs - Fun random benefits

Special Character: Lady Malys - Her calculating mind, influence, and possible hint of insanity make this a very entertaining character. The foreboding foreshadowing at the end of her entry is a nice bonus as well.

War Gear: Razorflails - Good weapon that seems to exemplify the grace and danger of the Wyches.
Back to top Go down
Meatshield
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Tue May 17 2011, 11:29

Favorite Models: Was Hellions, now is definitely Scourges. GW really pulled their finger out with those guys!

Rules: Combat Drugs. I know most old-school players hate the way drugs have got worse, but I like the little added randomness they bring to the army, forcing you to alter you game-plans slightly to better take advantage of your roll (except Hypex! That one just sucks!)

Special Character: In game terms it's Sathonyx, in terms of fluff, Malys is my favorite. They're definitely sowing the seeds of an interesting story there, and I always want to hear more about Cegorach!

Wargear: The stunclaw for sheer annoyance value and fun!

Rumour Scourge

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Wed May 18 2011, 08:16

Model - Raider/Ravager, perfect design and beautifully executed.

Rules - Reaver Jetbike with Cluster Caltrops. Zoom and boom!

Character - the humble Succubus, cheap and nasty.

Wargear - Haywire Blaster, "Oh yeah, by the way ..."
Back to top Go down
Zeruel13
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Wed May 18 2011, 20:20

This is really hard question to answer.

Rules - It's a very close call between Ravagers, Reaver and Beastmaster units. I'm not sure I can pick a favorite.

Models - Easily the hardest one to pick, I love the look of the Incubi but so far I've enjoyed assembling and posing the Hellions the most. The amount of dynamic posing you can pull off with the new flight stands is incredible.

Special Character - Fluff wise either Lady Malys or Lelith Hesperex, actual rules wise Duke Sliscus

Wargear - Either Clonefield or Razorflails
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Thu May 19 2011, 09:52

Model: The Scourges (with bird wings, of course) and the Razorwing Jetfighter share this place. They just beat everything else GW has produced. Efter them would be Incubi and Mandrakes

Rules: Not sure as I haven't tried out anything yet, but the Jetfighter seems fun.

Special Character: Drazhar. I liked him already in the last codex, and now he is even more appealing. Also, he might be Ahrha!

Wargear: Heat Lance! While not the best, surely a damn cool one. And:
Back to top Go down
shadow hunter
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Thu May 19 2011, 12:53

As I've not physically held any of the new range in my hand, I'm not including that.

Model - Warriors - but this will probably change with wave 2

rules - army wide night vision. Not going to be usefull all the time - but i do an evil laugh when we do get a dawn raid scenario.

special character - not used any yet. I always liked Drazhar - but not so much now. I guess I like the idea of the baron (making hellions troops)

Wargear - combat drugs. I always see it as a free bonus to what the wyches etc can already do. That way I dont mind if i get a result that's not quite as good.
Back to top Go down
Archon
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Thu May 19 2011, 15:52

Hey, I think the Scourges with bat-wings look Awesome! But, my favorite has to be the new Archon model. He looks both menacing and regal. I also love the look of the new Raiders/Ravagers. All in all, the entire range has been fantastic! (So far, that is Smile )
Back to top Go down
Arhra
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Thu May 19 2011, 18:17

Unit rules - Hellions, good all arounds and don't need a transport

Models - Very tough call, I'd say Hellions or Archon but they all are amazing

Special character - Sliscus has the best background, Baron has the most useful rules (for me anyway) and Drazhar is the most badass... I can't decide.

Wargear - Shadowfield, so glad they didn't get rid of it
Back to top Go down
Malte
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Thu May 19 2011, 20:19

Having only played one game with the new codex so I'm going to base the wargear on my third edition experience.

Model - Wyches, they look beautiful yet deadly and have decent proportions, as decent as it gets considering it's heroic scale.

Rules - Shardcarbine, now I've always been an ork player so it isn't strange that I'd grow fond of an assault weapon with lots of dakka.

Character - Lady Malys, hands down. When I heard about the rumours that the new codex would includ Vect's ex-wife I knew I'd like her.

Wargear - Reaver jetbike for the Archon, now this is something I truly miss.
Back to top Go down
Archon Farath Mure
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Thu May 19 2011, 20:45

Model: Incubi, all the way
Unit Rules: The Voidraven looks fun, but so do Reavers.
Unit Fluff: Incubi.
Wargear: Ah, the humble agoniser. At 20 points, I'd call it one of the better power weapons in the game.
Back to top Go down
Melancholy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Thu May 19 2011, 23:49

Model: Mandrakes. Cool models, not so cool rules.
Unit Rules: Reavers. Zooming through units is fun.
Unit Fluff: The Decapitator. Love the fluff, hate the rules.
Wargear: Shadow field. Fun to play, "Anything but a one.....damn." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Thu May 19 2011, 23:51

Model: Sybarite/Dracon. I've always loved Kabalite Warriors, but my favorite Dark Eldar model is the Sybarite on the top of page 71. Not always practical, but I would love to go into combat with a Splinter Rifle in one hand, and a Power Sword in the other.

Unit Rules: Trueborn. Once again, soft spot for Kabals and mass Splinter Cannons.

Unit Fluff: This may seem like a betrayal, but Harlequins have my favorite fluff. Almost everything else I find just one tiny detail that I dislike. The only details I dislike about Harlequins are based on either gameplay or aesthetics, not fluff.

Wargear: Shardcarbines. I was at first dubious about its usefulness. Then, I killed two Terminators with 3 Shardcarbines. Ever since, Shardcarbines always seem to give me good luck, weather it is that one fortuned invul save Eldrad failed, or sending 4 wounds through that Daemon Prince's armor save.

Special Character: Asdrubael Vect. In every way, he represents the pinacle of the Dark Eldar. Also, he has my second favorite weapon of the entire game (Tyranid Swarmlord still holds number 1)
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Fri May 20 2011, 00:38

Model: Reavers, light cycles with swords on them.

Unit Rules: Reavers again, Bladevanes are a great way to soften up units, and their speed makes them great Heat Lance carriers.

Unit Fluff: Razorwing Jet fighters. Take a reaver pilot and give him a jet.

Wargear: Shadowfields, A 2++ save makes an archon even more of a combat monster than he already is.

Special Character: Duke Sliscus.What's not to like about a drug crazed space pirate? And his special rules can help out almost any army build.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Hekate
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Fri May 20 2011, 01:04

Favorite Character: Lelith Hesperax, although Lady Malys is a close second.

Favorite Model; Lelith

Favorite Unit; Wyches

Rules: Razorwind and Venoms

Wargear; Mmmm, agonizer but it really depends on what I'm building for.

Hekate
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Fri May 20 2011, 01:13

Unit rules - razorwing flocks, 5 rending attacks each!
Models - Talos
Special character - Sliscus
Wargear - Agoniser
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Fri May 20 2011, 12:15

Saintspirit wrote:
It doesn't matter what caption gets added to this image. It just never gets old.
Back to top Go down
crysbat
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Your Dark Eldar favorites...   Fri May 20 2011, 12:38

well I suppose I shall partake in this:

model(s): has to go to incubi, whilst I prefer their old weapons, the rest of the model really is fantastic.

unit rules: this is a really difficult decision, seeing as I'm keeping special characters out of this; so I'm going to say... Incubi, again, having 3 power weapon attacks on the charge is devastating, combine that with pain tokens and you have a devastating unit.

special character: this is a toss up between drazhar and the duke, the duke because he has such fantastic army wide rules and drazhar because he's such a beast to combine with incubi.

war gear: combat drugs, no competition there for me, such an addition to the army's already powerful melee.
Back to top Go down

Your Dark Eldar favorites...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: